2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he was pretty good the year before, but Eaddy was so mediocre last year. It's hard to believe we can't recruit someone better than that.
Yeah agreed. If you want a small guard that can shoot, Kelly from QU makes more sense to me. Better career 3P% and I don’t think either is coming here for their defensive prowess. In general, I think these types should be back up options more so than primary targets.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah agreed. If you want a small guard that can shoot, Kelly from QU makes more sense to me. Better career 3P% and I don’t think either is coming here for their defensive prowess. In general, I think these types should be back up options more so than primary targets.

kelly was a -4 dbpm in a terrible conference.

Now he’d be in the NBE.

that’s really concerning to me. Especially after losing vital.

Reaction Score
kelly was a -4 dbpm in a terrible conference.

Now he’d be in the NBE.

that’s really concerning to me. Especially after losing vital.
By DBPM he was 2nd best on the team to Marfo though. QU was a horrible defensive team so with Marfo as the exception (driven by DReb%), I’d expect all of their defensive numbers to be terrible, especially if you adjust for SOS.

I agree that he’d be a negative on that end, but if you play the matchups well enough you can hide that at times, and it would be nice to have a proven 40% 3P shooter to go to.

I agree that our priority shouldn’t be with either he or Eaddy. Just saying we could definitely do worse and I think he’d be more useful than Anderson was.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
By DBPM he was 2nd best on the team to Marfo though. QU was a horrible defensive team so with Marfo as the exception (driven by DReb%), I’d expect all of their defensive numbers to be terrible, especially if you adjust for SOS.

I agree that he’d be a negative on that end, but if you play the matchups well enough you can hide that at times, and it would be nice to have a proven 40% 3P shooter to go to.

I agree that our priority shouldn’t be with either he or Eaddy. Just saying we could definitely do worse and I think he’d be more useful than Anderson was.
What do you think the thinking with the eaddy offer was? Strictly a depth piece?

Reaction Score
I personally would prefer McGowens rather than Eaddy but at the end of the day I trust who Hurley pull in

Reaction Score
Apologies if this was already covered, but does anyone know why he redshirted his freshman year? Was it injury related? Seems odd if it was developmental as he was a good recruit and had a pretty developed body.

Reaction Score
I personally would prefer McGowens rather than Eaddy but at the end of the day I trust who Hurley pull in
I think McGowens maybe looking for playing time. That wouldn’t be readily available here with Nolley in the fold

Reaction Score
Apologies if this was already covered, but does anyone know why he redshirted his freshman year? Was it injury related? Seems odd if it was developmental as he was a good recruit and had a pretty developed body.

Looks like it as an academic qualifying issue because of an ACT score.

Reaction Score
I think McGowens maybe looking for playing time. That wouldn’t be readily available here with Nolley in the fold

Sort of. McGowen is a 2/3 and Nolley a 3/4. Not as much overlap as you'd think. I am sure we're recruiting Nolley to play the 4.

McGowen has a harder road to playing time--Bouk/Adams both will play 2/3 with Jackson getting minutes mostly at the 3 (maybe some small ball 4) too. But he's better than Adams and could push him out a bit.

My guess is they all played at the 2/3/4.. (so, 120 mins available

Bouk-25 mins @ the 2
Adams--10 mins at the 3
Mcgowen--10 mins @ the 2, 15 @ the 3
Jackson--15 mins at the 3, 5 mins at the 4
Polley-- 10 mins @ the 4 (more later in the season as he heals, potentially.. kind of accounting for injury here)
Nolley-- 25 mins @ the 4

Our positions are fluid and interchangeable. Thinking more about defense with that.

Reaction Score
Sort of. McGowen is a 2/3 and Nolley a 3/4. Not as much overlap as you'd think. I am sure we're recruiting Nolley to play the 4.

McGowen has a harder road to playing time--Bouk/Adams both will play 2/3 with Jackson getting minutes mostly at the 3 (maybe some small ball 4) too. But he's better than Adams and could push him out a bit.

Bouk-25 mins @ the 2
Adams--10 mins at the 3
Polley-- 10 mins @ the 4 (more later in the season as he heals, potentially.. kind of accounting for injury here)
Nolley-- 25 mins @ the 4

Our positions are fluid and interchangeable. Thinking more about defense with that.
I’d take him with Nolley without hesitation. We’d be one of the most versatile teams in the country

Reaction Score
I’d take him with Nolley without hesitation. We’d be one of the most versatile teams in the country

I totally forgot Springs too. Somebody is gonna see less minutes than theyd like with or without nolley

Reaction Score

Bouk-25 mins @ the 2
Adams--10 mins at the 3
Nolley-- 25 mins @ the 4

Nolley doesn't want to play the 4 though. Labels probably don't matter much because Hurley wants to play positionless basketball.

Reaction Score
I totally forgot Springs too. Somebody is gonna see less minutes than theyd like with or without nolley
And that’s without accounting for Akok’s mid season return. I think Polley may be the easiest sell on less minutes because of his injury. But this is a problem elite programs have. Someone that’s really good is going to be on the bench

Reaction Score
And that’s without accounting for Akok’s mid season return. I think Polley may be the easiest sell on less minutes because of his injury. But this is a problem elite programs have. Someone that’s really good is going to be on the bench

I doubt Akok plays next season. No intel--just a gut feeling talking to PTs I know.

Reaction Score
Nolley doesn't want to play the 4 though. Labels probably don't matter much because Hurley wants to play positionless basketball.

He wants to play the wing. Our 3/4 are basically the same position as you know. A lot of face ups, cutting, 3s. I'm thinking more on defense. Having him defend the 4 hide some of his lack of athleticism.

The issue is that an athletic shotblocker at the 3 and 4 suits Hurley's defensive system best. But in the end talent is talent.

I wonder if Hurley will back off the pressure D some considering RJ, Bouk, Gaff, Nolley (I hope), Polley, Springs aren't exactly superior defenders.. and with a freshman Jackson too. And Calrton/Javonte Brown Ferguson not able to hard hedge and recover well. I do think Bouk and Gaff have some serious potential to smother teams at the point of attack if they get stronger mentally/physically.

Reaction Score
He wants to play the wing. Our 3/4 are basically the same position as you know. A lot of face ups, cutting, 3s. I'm thinking more on defense. Having him defend the 4 hide some of his lack of athleticism.
thank you. wont believe a 6'7 230 lbs below average athlete is a college SG until i see it. i buy college SF but ideally he's a stretch 4

this sounds just like kevin freeman trying to play down a position to increase his odds of being drafted but nba SFs are generally the best and most versatile athletes in the league. just sayin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul