2021 Recruiting: - Landers Nolley | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Landers Nolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brother, that line up right there has top 10 in the nation potential

Well to be fair Nova and Creighton will both be preseason top 10. But I've seen people on here saying Providence and Xavier will finish ahead of us. I think I saw a bold prediction that we'll have a losing record in the BE. Not even a chance. Zero whatsoever. This team with a valuable transfer is a top 20 team. We are top 3 in the BE.

Reaction Score
My goodness that lineup gives me chills!! Nobody can convince me that lineup would not finish top 3 in the BE. Those 5 are ridiculously good plus off the bench we'd have Gaffney, Adams, Polley, Springs, Carlton, and Brown-Ferguson.

and AKOK

Reaction Score
How much longer until everybody realizes he’s not even a top 2 coach in Tennessee?

My bet is it'll take another year or two for people to realize he's "all hat and no cattle". Didn't you love the facial expressions (blank) when "Penny" was walking the sideline as his team was being handled? Doesn't know what to do.

But, Daddy Nolley is probably excited a legend is calling about his son so in that way Memphis being involved is a real problem.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
According to what he showed in this video, Springs is a much better offensive player than many seem to have said here.
And, none of these guys can play defense. :rolleyes:
People should watch the clips Hoop Hustle has on Springs from the EYBL last year. He looked really good towards the end of the year against the best high school competition possible. He’s better than we’re giving him credit for, just needs a little motivation.

Reaction Score
A general recruiting question. The NCAA has placed some form of a pause on recruiting until April 15 I believe. If someone wants to commit before April 15th are they allowed to or will the Star Chamber ban them for at least life if someone commits before that date?

Reaction Score
A general recruiting question. The NCAA has placed some form of a pause on recruiting until April 15 I believe. If someone wants to commit before April 15th are they allowed to or will the Star Chamber ban them for at least life if someone commits before that date?
There's been a few transfers who have committed (Brycen Goodine from Cuse to PC). They can't stop any commitments, just no visits to campus or recruits homes

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Talk about the need to take something totally out of context to make a point that really didn't need to be made..
Lol, the question is did you understand the point? Because it kind of seems like you didn't.

CL82

Reaction Score
Give me a starting 5 of Cole-Bouk-Jackson-Nolley-Whaley. Vicious scoring. Big East small ball here we come!
Who is playing the 4?

Reaction Score
I noticed 247 doesn't have Brycen Goodine committing to Providence on their board. There aren't even any crystal balls for Providence yet, despite having a link to his twitter page where he announced his transfer. It would be nice if there was actually a recruiting website you can go to that gives you inside information. I might actually pay for something like that. The Boneyard gave me at least two weeks heads up about Akok, Javonte Brown Ferguson and Jackson before crystal balls started dropping on 247...

Reaction Score
My bet is it'll take another year or two for people to realize he's "all hat and no cattle". Didn't you love the facial expressions (blank) when "Penny" was walking the sideline as his team was being handled? Doesn't know what to do.

But, Daddy Nolley is probably excited a legend is calling about his son so in that way Memphis being involved is a real problem.
One of the best posts I have read on here in a long time. You nailed it IMO.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nolley
Isn't he more of a 2? He's tall but not really big enough (@200 lb dripping wet?) to bang in the post.

CL82

Reaction Score
He's listed at 6'7 230 pounds, plenty big enough for a 4
I knew he was 6'7" but he looks much lighter than that. I wonder if he'd want to play at PF.

Reaction Score
I don’t agree that a modern 4 is just a small forward from the past. Richard Hamilton is not a 4 in any era.

i'm sure he meant guys like caron and rudy who went on to play SF in the nba, not guys like rip or bouk that were big guards in a 3 guard lineup and went on to play SG in the nba

Reaction Score
People should watch the clips Hoop Hustle has on Springs from the EYBL last year. He looked really good towards the end of the year against the best high school competition possible. He’s better than we’re giving him credit for, just needs a little motivation.

Thanks for posting those. Love the fact he's always jumping after the tip or follow up on his own shots also. He really hangs out around the rim on all of these video's which is excellent. Watching these and thinking 15-20 lbs stronger and a year playing against the Huskies in practice? Hmmm real nice potential on Richie for being a big surprise.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting those. Love the fact he's always jumping after the tip or follow up on his own shots also. He really hangs out around the rim on all of these video's which is excellent. Watching these and thinking 15-20 lbs stronger and a year playing against the Huskies in practice? Hmmm real nice potential on Richie for being a big surprise.
Same. The older videos I watched looked like he could have developed into a very capable 3. He has a similar body type to Sid Wilson but has a nicer looking jump shot and some skills that carried over from being a guard earlier in his playing days. Those same skills, with his motor and rebounding, could turn him into an even more dangerous 4 as adds weight. Similar to what I was hoping Akok would eventually develop into (swap out the shot-blocking for rebounds). There's going to be a learning curb when he first starts seeing minutes and I'm sure he'll defer a lot of shots to Bouk and Cole next year but I see a talented pick up by Hurley moving forward. That said, I would still take Nolley in a heartbeat. There aren't a lot of freshman recruits who you can say without a doubt would put up 15 ppg in the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom