Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 158 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I'd imagine he's waiting to make an announcement until a contract is signed and he plans on telling his players first. I don't think that's crazy either way
Slight disagreement, you are likely talking about a signed term sheet not a full contract. The final contract would take a minimum of 1-2 business days and more likely it takes a full week+.
So first there is a handshake deal on years, $ inclusive of a few other key items, then a term sheet with all the major points that'll go into contract - I do think you are right and that term sheet would be signed/agreed before telling anyone.

Right now they are likely comparing the UConn term sheet vs Laker term sheet and evaluating each situation. I keep coming back to from a basketball perspective I'd rather coach the UConn players next season; the UConn odds of championship contention are better and the pure basketball situation + player development opportunities for the coach is appreciably better at the University of Connecticut. That's why the Lakers has to be much more $, it is harder and worse (less control, more limitations). If Hurley picks the Lakers and then the Lakers pick Bronny Jr, Hurley intentionally descends into the meddling parent hell that he espouses against.

Reaction Score
They could also be putting together a new contract for kimani. I do believe dan would never leave the program in shambles

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I was just watching a talk show and the hosts were saying what did you do this weekend.

Imagine asking any of that the same question.

Answer:

Obsess on whether or not the men’s basketball coach at my Alma Mater/ favorite college basketball team make a decision on whether or not he would be returning to coach our team next year. So I did very little other than scan social media for any hint of what his decision might be and got much less sleep than I usually do on the weekends.

Response by co-hosts:

Mouths slightly open not being able to say anything but clearly thinking if they needed to do a mental health intervention.

I love being a UConn non-casual Mens BB fan…….

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
He also just followed up saying there are moving trucks outside of Luke's house. And his name is dnutz. AKA deez nuts. He's a troll
I see that now... let me see if I can edit my original post not to send people in the a panic

Reaction Score
I was hoping we'd hear something by now. I figured if Hurley was staying we'd hear sooner, and if he was leaving he would probably tell the team first.

It also occurs to me that it's 7:06 in LA, maybe Hurley is waiting until he can inform the Lakers first and it's still too early out there.

I'm thinking way too much about this.

Reaction Score
If the NBA circles knew, this would have leaked. It's LA. Someone will have tried to scoop Woj
Woj is working here for the Hurley’s not the Lakers. They control the narrative.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine DH pushing LeBron onto the court?
There will be better opportunities for Hurley in 2 to 3 years for a NBA job. More money and a team better suited to win than the Lakers.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
1000%. ESPN is salivating to break this story
That’s the most impressive aspect of this drama (with the exception of BY stamina on this thread), the complete and utter radio silence on what his decision will be. With so many people anxious to be the one who breaks the story, clearly DH is holding on tightly to be the one who announces it first.

Reaction Score
Or coaching Bronny? You think little league dads are heavy handed..
I actually think Hurley having to draft Bronny is not a turn-off. He of all people, best understands LeBron's desire to play with his son.

Hurley got to be coached by his father.

Hurley got to be teammates with his brother.

Hurley got to coach his son.

If Hurley turns down the Lakers...drafting and coaching Bronny will NOT be one of the reasons why.

Reaction Score
I was hoping we'd hear something by now. I figured if Hurley was staying we'd hear sooner, and if he was leaving he would probably tell the team first.

It also occurs to me that it's 7:06 in LA, maybe Hurley is waiting until he can inform the Lakers first and it's still too early out there.

I'm thinking way too much about this.
That’s been my biggest concern since yesterday. There are plenty of reasons for why he would wait until Monday, but the most likely reason by far is that he wants to tell the team in person first. And that is probably not a good result for UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom