Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 159 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
The more time passes the less likely he stays because he is willing to entertain and negotiate. Thus, there is a set of terms where he would say yes. Disappointing, but reality. Still hoping otherwise, but not good for the good guys.

Reaction Score
That’s the most impressive aspect of this drama (with the exception of BY stamina on this thread), the complete and utter radio silence on what his decision will be. With so many people anxious to be the one who breaks the story, clearly DH is holding on tightly to be the one who announces it first.
yeah it’s pretty crazy. If he is taking the LA job clearly the lakers don’t know it yet. I expect itd leak from that org in about 4 seconds

Reaction Score
The timing of leaving now would hurt so many -- players, fans, and the UConn basketball program. If he wants to coach in the NBA, that's his right, but the offer he's getting from the Lakers won't be the last, nor probably the best. To leave right now would be wrong in so many ways. Do it right, do it with class, and do it a way that leaves the program in order and your legacy as that of a hero.

From a personal standpoint, I wish he would have never spoken about the NBA.

I’m on the @dogpause boat here. Agree with almost all of this although if he visited the Lakers from a selfish standpoint (get some NBA interview experience and leverage on UConn) then I don’t blame him. Otherwise this whole ordeal doesn’t work well for me because of the kids mostly. Imagine their thoughts all weekend, they bought in and moved their lives for him. Hey I know it’s not the first time but please don’t be strumming the UConn lore to us and then leave in June after only 6 years. Two trophies aside, it’s a stopover if you go west.

Hope like hell he stays, don’t like the way it’s playing out though.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
They could also be putting together a new contract for kimani. I do believe dan would never leave the program in shambles
If he leaves now it will be in shambles for at least a year or two lol

Reaction Score
That’s been my biggest concern since yesterday. There are plenty of reasons for why he would wait until Monday, but the most likely reason by far is that he wants to tell the team in person first. And that is probably not a good result for UConn.
True, but it cuts both ways.

Somebody is getting bad news; Hurley will likely inform them first.

If it's the team he could meet with them this morning and we could hear at any moment.

If it's the Lakers he probably needs to give them time to wake up and get to the office, we aren't likely to hear before 11:00.

Reaction Score
True, but it cuts both ways.

Somebody is getting bad news; Hurley will likely inform them first.

If it's the team he could meet with them this morning and we could hear at any moment.

If it's the Lakers he probably needs to give them time to wake up and get to the office, we aren't likely to hear before 11:00.

Eh. He can email the Lakers his decision and they’d know immediately. He really doesn’t owe them anything else.

Reaction Score
I'm not an nba guy at all but even if Danny were extremely successful as an nba coach, he could be mentioned with the likes of Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Pat Reilly. Who cares. Obviously not me but come on. Phil got all of his rings because of Michael Jordan. Or Kobe.

I honestly believe that for Danny, being one of the kids IS the juice.
Ah, good. I see you edited this to add Kobe since Phil has 11 titles, not 6

Reaction Score
Most NBA fans I know don't watch college ball so they probably knew very little about dh or the staff. They'll take bad news better than we will

Reaction Score
F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...F5...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The timing of leaving now would hurt so many -- players, fans, and the UConn basketball program. If he wants to coach in the NBA, that's his right, but the offer he's getting from the Lakers won't be the last, nor probably the best. To leave right now would be wrong in so many ways. Do it right, do it with class, and do it a way that leaves the program in order and your legacy as that of a hero.

From a personal standpoint, I wish he would have never spoken about the NBA.

If he asked for and listened to his father's input, I see no way he leaves for the Lakers.

Hurley is at the point in his career where he doesn't need to move up (LA) to audition for the job he really wants (Nets). Worst case scenario would be taking the Lakers job and tanking.

The Laker's job isn't an opportunity, it's a trap.

Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong, but I think he going to the Lakers.

Sucks, for the team specifically those who stayed and didn't go into the portal, but at the end of the day gotta do what you feel is best for you.

Nothing, but love for DH this will sting for a awhile, but the team always bounces back even in the most uncertain situations.

Reaction Score

He’s got to be staying. Why would he drag it out if he was heading to the Lakers? I think if he knows his decision privately, that he’s waiting to tell the players before practice, and have the most pumped-up practice in UConn history later today.

Reaction Score
If Danny leaves its about the money. If he stays its about the culture.
Doubt this. If the Lakers/UConn proposed contract amounts that have been reported so far are anywhere close to being correct, there is really not a huge difference at all in what he'd get with them vs. staying at UConn

Reaction Score
Eh. He can email the Lakers his decision and they’d know immediately. He really doesn’t owe them anything else.
I think Hurley would be way more professional, and courteous, than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom