Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 157 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
We need Dan Hurley to get into a power conference.
I’d think and hope that UConn entering a P4 conference would automatically trigger a clause in the contract stepping up his salary and/or generating handsome annual bonuses.

Reaction Score
having read 156 pages of content, i will only add one observation that may prove too fatalistic, but whatever. If you're waiting to make an announcement until you first tell your players, you're probably not telling them you're staying. It suggests that he wants them to hear it from him first. hope i'm wrong.
Counterpoint, wouldn't you want to see the reaction of your team get excited when you tell them you're staying and going for a three-peat with them?

Reaction Score
My head canon/theory is that AD Dave knows exactly what he's doing and the hold-up to getting a new Hurley contract in place is above his head.

He tacitly supported Hurley listening to the Lakers' interest in the guise of "hey, I need an earth-shattering competing offer in hand in order to get our people to move on this."

Hurley went through the dog and pony show, got the Lakers offer, with the intention of using it as leverage to help Benedict jolt the powers that be into finishing his new UConn contract with some urgency. If he were really blown away he might take it, but I think both he and Benedict know that the play is almost certainly to get a beefier contract here.

Hurley, again with tacit approval from Benedict, has played coy in order to keep the powers that be uncomfortable and eager to finish the deal.
Nice assessment. We in Connecticut are extremely sensitive about rejection. First we lose our NHL franchise, next we lose the Patriots move to Hartford and now the Danny Hurley saga. I hope the politicians in this state are intelligent enough to distill what would happen if Danny leaves. They’d be looking for employment. Funny how they were all basking in the glory at the parade. Grow a pair for once.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The talking heads are starting to walk back their "he's gone" early predictions. Look for the mestatrice to be: "Well, the Lakers job is to good a job to turn down, but they clearly tried to lowball Hurley." I take that as a good sign.

That said, we're doomed.
A little late face saving? "It wasn't really 100 mil".

Reaction Score
having read 156 pages of content, i will only add one observation that may prove too fatalistic, but whatever. If you're waiting to make an announcement until you first tell your players, you're probably not telling them you're staying. It suggests that he wants them to hear it from him first. hope i'm wrong.
I'd imagine he's waiting to make an announcement until a contract is signed and he plans on telling his players first. I don't think that's crazy either way

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Woke up today. With wood. Did a right side roll and dropped to my knees. Dog licked my face. Then, a two minute chat wit my Lord Saviour, .

That's all I got.

Off to toil today.

I think we rejoice today.
disgusted colin farrell GIF

Reaction Score
After he tells his guys he's back-And they deserve that privilege-Someone has to run practice. Amiright?

CL82

Reaction Score
Neither was that. This is a haiku.

Not to be a jerk
But that wasn't a haiku
So, then, shut up Dove!
Of course under haiku thread rules, the first two sentences would invalidate it.

CL82

Reaction Score
My biggest hope is Hurley announces he’s staying because of roster control issues that arose with the Lakers pressuring him to take Bronny James over proven-winner Cam Spencer with the No. 55 pick in this NBA Draft
Really? I hope he comes back and does the "this is a special place and these are special guys" speech.

CL82

Reaction Score
And everyone talks about leverage and counter-offers etc. Dan and AD Dave aren't in conflict here. They both know the situation far better than everyone else and I'm sure they are honest with each other about what options are possible.
Both things can be true at the same time.

Reaction Score
He could’ve told his players yesterday.

I’m sure DB and every CT state official spent the weekend checking their old pants pockets and couch cushions for every quarter and dime so they can give it to the Hurleys.

Reaction Score
Did anyone try and get sponsorships for Hurley

This

I have been pushing the idea to anyone who will listen that we need to partner ASAP with some of our UConn-grad owned CT breweries to make some NIL-collective funding beers.

It would be a goldmine for continuous NIL revenue streams...

The model has already been put into place by a number of collectives:

Reaction Score
I have been pushing the idea to anyone who will listen that we need to partner ASAP with some of our UConn-grad owned CT breweries to make some NIL-collective funding beers.

It would be a goldmine for continuous NIL revenue streams...

The model has already been put into place by a number of collectives:

This is a must

Reaction Score
He could’ve told his players yesterday.

I’m sure DB and every CT state official spent the weekend checking their old pants pockets and couch cushions for every quarter and dime so they can give it to the Hurleys.
He probably would want to tell them together in person though in the case he were leaving.

Hopefully he just wanted to finish up contract issues though…

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The silence of the staff over at Storrs Central this morning has me worried.
Plus << I got duped by a troll on Storrs Central and there's nothing negative to share; post edited to remove garbage info>> Ugh

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The talking heads are starting to walk back their "he's gone" early predictions. Look for the narrative to be: "Well, the Lakers job is to good a job to turn down, but they clearly tried to lowball Hurley." I take that as a good sign.

That said, we're doomed.
I also take this is an encouraging sign for the reasons you state. It makes his turning down the Lakers and staying here look much more reasonable and less embarrassing if the narrative is "they tried to get him on the cheap and miscalculated" rather than "they offered him the world and it still wasn't enticing."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom