Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 155 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
He spent a few days. Any less would be disrespectful to the Lakers.
not dragged out IMO... told UConn his intentions Wed, team on Thurs, LA Fri/Sat, ponder Sun, announce Monday... time just slowed down for the faithful

Reaction Score
Dunno which it will be but that is a hell of a pitch if it is option A.

"I'm Dan Hurley of UConn, we just won back to back National Championships and I turned down the LA Lakers to fly down here and offer you a scholarship."
The press he’s gotten out of this is invaluable to his ability to get any kid he wants, and the BOT’s know it.

Reaction Score
I agree on the money issue, but Hurley has already expressed dissatisfaction with the portal and NIL. It's a grind for him.
Perhaps he lets someone competent manage the NIL dollars and with our surge as a destination school, the staff won’t have to work so hard recruiting either the transfer portal or incoming players.

Reaction Score
Hurley has already expressed dissatisfaction with the portal and NIL
I've talked to actually coaches and most love the portal because they can rebuild within days.
It's rare for a top player to leave a top program, they usually go pro. I know you can say "Duke" or "Kentucky" but Duke was bringing in replacements before they all left, and Kentucky lost Calipari.

Players were gone before the portal, but now they can get them right away. No one likes NIL except the players and the networks.

But...there's no doubt an NBA job is a better job in the long run. I just think the East coast NBA jobs are what Hurley wants, not LA.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
View attachment 101484
Are the Lakers a poverty franchise?
Considering the revenue from the new media deals the NBA is in the middle of completing that contract appears to be very low. The Buss family however has nowhere near the resources of the ownership of many other franchises. In comparison to normal people, yes, they are wealthy. Compared to most of the NBA, they're in the lower third, possibly worse.

Reaction Score
I wonder what our AD is doing. He better have had a new contract proposal ready for Hurley when he got back from L.A. How could Hurley turn down L.A. without a new contract with UConn. He'd lose his leverage.

Reaction Score
Woke up today. With wood. Did a right side roll and dropped to my knees. Dog licked my face. Then, a two minute chat wit my Lord Saviour, .

That's all I got.

Off to toil today.

I think we rejoice today.
Can we all agree that when this happens today, we hold a bigger parade than the last one?

Reaction Score
I'm not an nba guy at all but even if Danny were extremely successful as an nba coach, he could be mentioned with the likes of Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Pat Reilly. Who cares. Obviously not me but come on. Phil got all of his rings because of Michael Jordan. Or Kobe.

I honestly believe that for Danny, being one of the kids IS the juice.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wonder what our AD is doing. He better have had a new contract proposal ready for Hurley when he got back from L.A. How could Hurley turn down L.A. without a new contract with UConn. He'd lose his leverage.
I imagine DB is doing what he can. Keep in mind that he doesn't have the authority to pay DH (any coach in fact) whatever he believes they are worth. People above him need to sign off on it.

Reaction Score

The assumption of complete unpreparedness is the antithesis of EVERYTHING UConn AD has shown.

I don’t get this belief?

“Like yeah, let’s just start the process after wheels are back down.”

Laughable.

Reaction Score
I thought he had practice today?
I’ll admit I don’t know how the endless recruiting process works but I just googled that event and it’s Monday through Wednesday. Does Hurley usually stay around for all three days? I’d assume not.

Reaction Score
I’ll admit I don’t know how the endless recruiting process works but I just googled that event and it’s Monday through Wednesday. Does Hurley usually stay around for all three days? I’d assume not.
He could undoubtedly delegate to his very capable assistants for at least a portion of it. Especially if their deals are in the process of being sweetened like many believe they are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom