Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 156 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Really? He's arguably the greatest player to ever live and any team that has him on it is a contender.
Is he coachable or are you signing up to be his waterboy? If they win, who gets the credit?

Reaction Score
Where was the deal during/after the Kentucky fiasco? We dodged a bullet there. That doesn't instill confidence that he'll get it right this time. He had time to get Geno a new 5 year deal to make him the highest paid women's coach. Priorities....
There was no Kentucky fiasco. Hurley himself came out immediately and said he had no interest in the job, and his agent publicly admitted that killed a lot of leverage they would have had in negotiating an extension

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Just because AD Dave wanted to slap a contract in front of Hurley, it didn’t mean Hurley wanted to sign it immediately.

This is not a fault of AD Dave…this is a MasterClass run by Hurley and his agent…

Honestly, should we expect anything less from this guy?
He's spoken about his agent schooling him over not leveraging the Kentucky interest. One thing I've learned about DH is that he learns.

Reaction Score
The assumption of complete unpreparedness is the antithesis of EVERYTHING UConn AD has shown.

I don’t get this belief?

“Like yeah, let’s just start the process after wheels are back down.”

Laughable.
And everyone talks about leverage and counter-offers etc. Dan and AD Dave aren't in conflict here. They both know the situation far better than everyone else and I'm sure they are honest with each other about what options are possible.

And if UConn can get into a power conference, give all the coaches additional bonuses at that time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
View attachment 101484
Are the Lakers a poverty franchise?
The talking heads are starting to walk back their "he's gone" early predictions. Look for the narrative to be: "Well, the Lakers job is to good a job to turn down, but they clearly tried to lowball Hurley." I take that as a good sign.

That said, we're doomed.

Reaction Score
having read 156 pages of content, i will only add one observation that may prove too fatalistic, but whatever. If you're waiting to make an announcement until you first tell your players, you're probably not telling them you're staying. It suggests that he wants them to hear it from him first. hope i'm wrong.

Reaction Score
And everyone talks about leverage and counter-offers etc. Dan and AD Dave aren't in conflict here. They both know the situation far better than everyone else and I'm sure they are honest with each other about what options are possible.

And if UConn can get into a power conference, give all the coaches additional bonuses at that time.
We need Dan Hurley to get into a power conference.

Reaction Score
Dan and his agent have done an excellent job of creating a win/win scenario for Dan throughout this negotiation. They have shown themselves to be great poker players. Danny likes the cards he's holding. Waiting to hear he's "all in" on UConn.

Reaction Score
We need Dan Hurley to get into a power conference.
I’d think and hope that UConn entering a P4 conference would automatically trigger a clause in the contract stepping up his salary and/or generating handsome annual bonuses.

Reaction Score
having read 156 pages of content, i will only add one observation that may prove too fatalistic, but whatever. If you're waiting to make an announcement until you first tell your players, you're probably not telling them you're staying. It suggests that he wants them to hear it from him first. hope i'm wrong.
Counterpoint, wouldn't you want to see the reaction of your team get excited when you tell them you're staying and going for a three-peat with them?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The talking heads are starting to walk back their "he's gone" early predictions. Look for the mestatrice to be: "Well, the Lakers job is to good a job to turn down, but they clearly tried to lowball Hurley." I take that as a good sign.

That said, we're doomed.
A little late face saving? "It wasn't really 100 mil".

Reaction Score
I'd imagine he's waiting to make an announcement until a contract is signed and he plans on telling his players first. I don't think that's crazy either way

CL82

Reaction Score
Woke up today. With wood. Did a right side roll and dropped to my knees. Dog licked my face. Then, a two minute chat wit my Lord Saviour, .

That's all I got.

Off to toil today.

I think we rejoice today.
disgusted colin farrell GIF

Reaction Score
After he tells his guys he's back-And they deserve that privilege-Someone has to run practice. Amiright?

CL82

Reaction Score
Neither was that. This is a haiku.

Not to be a jerk
But that wasn't a haiku
So, then, shut up Dove!
Of course under haiku thread rules, the first two sentences would invalidate it.

CL82

Reaction Score
My biggest hope is Hurley announces he’s staying because of roster control issues that arose with the Lakers pressuring him to take Bronny James over proven-winner Cam Spencer with the No. 55 pick in this NBA Draft
Really? I hope he comes back and does the "this is a special place and these are special guys" speech.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom