Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 160 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Personally I think if he was leaving the people he met from LA already know.

It kinda feels like a nfl player when they go on a visit to a team “don’t let him leave the building”

Reaction Score
No way a few ct movers, moving Luke Murray aren't leaking. They'd leak hard
Think about it in real terms. So they were wined and dined in LA for one day and an assistant, who is downstream of the guy making the decision ALSO had time to go find a place and get everything in place to move so the movers could come the next day ? Stop

Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong, but I think he going to the Lakers.

Sucks, for the team specifically those who stayed and didn't go into the portal, but at the end of the day gotta do what you feel is best for you.

Nothing, but love for DH this will sting for a awhile, but the team always bounces back even in the most uncertain situations.
Life should always be about doing what's best for you. I think it says that in the Bible somewhere.

Reaction Score
How would anyone know? What basis is there for a hunch? I'm surprised nothing has leaked yet, either. Just make sure that if he leaves, it isn't about money/resources/etc. Which it sounds like it won't be.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
that CBS thing did NOT make me feel good, he has already decided?? why not announce it

Reaction Score
If he asked for and listened to his father's input, I see no way he leaves for the Lakers.

Hurley is at the point in his career where he doesn't need to move up (LA) to audition for the job he really wants (Nets). Worst case scenario would be taking the Lakers job and tanking.

The Laker's job isn't an opportunity, it's a trap.
Exactly. The man coached HS his entire career. Maybe the best to ever do it. I don't know how you follow that act by dumping your defending champs for Lebron.

Reaction Score
I’m convinced that $ isn’t going to be the deciding factor.

IF Hurley leaves it’ll be him regretfully feeling he needs to move NOW to a “safe harbor” (and legendary NBA team) before the current college athletics transformation reaches its endgame.

In the next two or three years all college athletes will be salaried university employees.

Attending class, progressing towards an academic degree will no longer be required. And there’ll be no limit on the number of years a player can be employed playing for the university.

In effect, colleges will be professional sport franchises.

This is what DH has to consider today when choosing between UConn and the Lakers. Leave for the pros now or oversee the UConn franchise as it and the rest of college football and basketball turn fully professional.

Reaction Score
Without sharing all the details, I just read on Storrs Central the latest is that things are "tense" on campus right now and that Hurley has not told anyone his decision. Don't like that things are "tense".

Reaction Score
If Danny leaves its about the money. If he stays its about the culture.
I think it’s fairly more complicated than that.

It’s an ambition-based decision either way. Chase a threepeat and college basketball legend status or fulfill a lifelong dream and try to bring an iconic NBA franchise back to prominence.

On our side we have the loyalty consideration, and I’m certainly not talking loyalty to UConn or the fans because he owes us nothing. But loyalty to the team he built for this season which I’m sure he was looking forward to working with.

The money, while nice, I think is a fairly minor consideration. Maybe I’m naive to say that but it doesn’t seem like money makes him or Andrea tick.

Reaction Score
Well whatever……at least MacArthur never pulled the rug out from anyone and flew to Tokyo to have sushi with Emperor Hirohito.
There is truism in your words but the GOAT himself the venerable Calhoun did say that Hurley should talk to the Lakers. That is all he said “talk”.

Reaction Score
You know I’m oddly at peace with the whole situation, even if Hurley leaves. Of course I might feel differently depending on who the replacement ultimately is.

But if he does leave, I will feel truly awful for Alex, and to a lesser degree Tarris, Aidan, and the freshmen. They thought they were getting one thing and would be getting something completely different. Dark side of college sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom