Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 161 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Isn't it likely that Dave Benedict already knows Hurley's decision, just sworn to secrecy

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think if he was going the Lakers would have wanted it to be announced before last night's NBA Finals game to screw with the Celtics.
I can't see him getting players ready for a practice later this morning and announcing it then.
Fingers crossed - not necessarily for Hurley but for the kids who decided to stay another year and for those who came in as freshmen and/or xfer portal specifically to be part of the Hurley/UConn culture.
Just my take.........................................

Reaction Score
This is what I keep coming back to. Selfishly, I would like him to coach at UConn for the next 15 years and retire, but he has made it very clear publicly that he would like a shot at the NBA. I think he should take that shot in the NBA, but the Lakers and this time is really not the best time. The Lakers really don't have any type of quick fix and they are not a patient bunch no matter what they told Hurley on his visit. Also, the NBA is going to get super rich off the new TV they are about to get into so if he wants more money, there will be much more money down the line and at coaching vacancy that is more desirable for him and Andrea like the NY Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, or Philadelphia 76ers.

Reaction Score
If Hurley is really just waiting to meet with the team before announcing a decision, I think he's probably leaving us. He'd likely be helping them process the transition to a new coach, possibly one who has already been designated internally. If he's waiting to finish negotiating a better contract, on the other hand, then we've got a shot. Stressful...

Reaction Score
I think if he was going the Lakers would have wanted it to be announced before last night's NBA Finals game to screw with the Celtics.
I can't see him getting players ready for a practice later this morning and announcing it then.
Fingers crossed - not necessarily for Hurley but for the kids who decided to stay another year and for those who came in as freshmen and/or xfer portal specifically to be part of the Hurley/UConn culture.
Just my take.........................................
This is what I have been thinking, too. Can you imagine being Tarris Reed Jr., Aidan Mahaney, Liam McNeeley, Ahmad Nowell, and Isaiah Abraham, Solo Ball, Jaylin Stewart, and Alex Karaban and going through this uncertainty after being sold on the idea of coming/returning to UConn to win championships? This is assuming the players don't know and have not been told yet.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Norlander's interview said <would be surprised if> decision <is> announced later than 1:45PM ET.

Reaction Score
Ya know I watched some of the Mavs/ Celtics tonight and I don’t watch the NBA and I realized exactly why.
These guys dribble down to standing set positions with barely any screens or play development, little movement until someone makes a one on one move, converts or misses then maybe a kick out for a 3. Yawn.
The crowd chants defense almost robotically.
This is what Danny yearns for?
I am not a big NBA fan so to me it sounds as if a well programmed AI may be able to “couch” the elitist gebonees who swim in the NBA pool. I do occasionally follow the NETS only because they play in Brooklyn. I have had a spot in my heart for anything Brooklyn since an American friend took a 6 year old me to see the Dodgers a few years after we came to America as immigrants( legal of course). For me becoming American was the Dodgers not the Yankees.

Reaction Score
I hope I am wrong, but I think he going to the Lakers.

Sucks, for the team specifically those who stayed and didn't go into the portal, but at the end of the day gotta do what you feel is best for you.

Nothing, but love for DH this will sting for an awhile, but the team always bounces back even in the most uncertain situations.
Great first post

Reaction Score
This is what I have been thinking, too. Can you imagine being Tarris Reed Jr., Aidan Mahaney, Liam McNeeley, Ahmad Nowell, and Isaiah Abraham, Solo Ball, Jaylin Stewart, and Alex Karaban and going through this uncertainty after being sold on the idea of coming/returning to UConn to win championships? This is assuming the players don't know and have not been told yet.

I can. They probably have watched basketball before in their lives so they know that sometimes coaches get hired to new jobs.

Reaction Score
Not going to lie....not loving the thought of this team coached by Kimani with Danny & Luke in LA
Oh don’t worry Kimani definitely won’t be coaching this team. I’d wager by the start of the season it’ll be a significantly different team.

Reaction Score
I hope it’s not wishful thinking but despite the $100M (wow!) I think he stays. He likely feels loyal to his players that stayed or came to play for him. He may also feel loyal to UConn who gave him the platform to excel. He’s also a religious guy whose father may have instilled in him the loyalty gene, as he was to St Anthony’s.
In a few years, if he wants to go to the NBA, his agent may be able to solicit an offer from the Knicks, and he can be the king of NYC while staying close to his family and the place that defined him—Jersey City!

Reaction Score
Without sharing all the details, I just read on Storrs Central the latest is that things are "tense" on campus right now and that Hurley has not told anyone his decision. Don't like that things are "tense".
Much like the its "tense" on the Boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom