Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 163 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Going but leaving staff intact would be acceptable for our future to live with and build on.
If both go, then the exodus would be great. THAT is not a noble decision for him to make. It’s legal but not noble. He goes for the money fine but he needs to leave us with something, and I say this fully appreciative of what he has done.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Without sharing all the details, I just read on Storrs Central the latest is that things are "tense" on campus right now and that Hurley has not told anyone his decision. Don't like that things are "tense".
Things are flipping tense in THE BONEYARD, of course they're tense in Storrs! Means nothing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
just feels way too much like he wants to make sure the players know first before they hear it from the media that he's leaving. I hate to say it but that just makes too much sense. Prior to the noon practice he wants to let them know his intentions and then it will become public after the team knows first. If he was staying there would be no need to keep it hush hush.
Maybe he wants to tell the team that he is staying before he tells the Lakers because the team comes first?
I just can't see an ego like DH putting up with the sporting worlds' biggest ego in LeBron. LeBron has coached every team since his Cleveland days.

Reaction Score
M

This is true and I hope I'm wrong; but also logistics yesterday was a Sunday night, not everyone might have been able to assemble at the drop of a hat. Knowing you have a scheduled activity the next morning would be the logical time to address the situation, but I really am hoping I'm wrong.
Government is closed on weekends. Governor has to get approval to increase his salary. This is not a private school. Plus Alumni probably being hit up all weekend for NIL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how many reporters are parked outside of Werth right now.

Reaction Score
just feels way too much like he wants to make sure the players know first before they hear it from the media that he's leaving. I hate to say it but that just makes too much sense. Prior to the noon practice he wants to let them know his intentions and then it will become public after the team knows first. If he was staying there would be no need to keep it hush hush.
He could still be waiting on the contract.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Yeah, we heard you the first 100 times. Christ.
To all the people that have tried to bask in the shine of this "experience".

It's been an incredibly bleak 72hr snapshot of the current state of media reporting, and fandom.

Attachments

• XAaSKq.gif
    XAaSKq.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 33
Reaction Score
This is ridiculous dude! Why omit the next line where Jared said "I know those inside the Athletic Department are still preparing for positive press releases to go out today"?
Sorry not sure what the rules are about reposting content from there...but I thought the "tense" part was more relevant. I would have much preferred the vibes to be loose so that there was a better indication he was staying. Of course the athletic department will prepare for a positive press release to go out, that's what they're hoping for, but to me it's not much of an indicator.

Reaction Score
Time for a new will he stay or will he go poll. I bet it'd be 80/20 the other way today.

Reaction Score
To all the people that have tried to bask in the shine of this "experience".

It's been an incredibly bleak 72hr snapshot of the current state of media reporting, and fandom.
The amount of trolls on the internet and fake reports means that people just want to see other humans squirm. In all honesty, I love the BY but I'd drop it in a second if it means all forms of social media are gone

Reaction Score
I felt decent yesterday. Today I don't. Really hope I am wrong for obvious reasons but also I need my life back. Checking Storrs Central, Boneyard, Twitter every few minutes is getting old and my 53 year old eyes are killing me. He leaves and that continues with the fallout.
I am a retired guy who lives alone since my wife who also was a UCONN fan passed away so I have not much to do unless my grandkids are over. My wife left UCONN to have our children and I never could get her to go back and complete her degree as much as I tried. So all I did was follow Boneyard, sports, and D-Day movies all weekend.

Reaction Score
Or 1) He respects the team enough to want to tell them in person instead of having them read it on a social media post
or/and
2) Contract details were still being ironed out and he hasn't physically signed the new contract yet
Plenty of reason and negotiating leverage amongst others to keep it quiet, until he is ready for everyone to know.

Reaction Score
I have to imagine we will know in the next hour; he either coaches the practice starting at noon or he doesnt. He's not going to get through practice then announce to the world he took the Lakers job yesterday....

Reaction Score
This thread might get to 5,000 before 1:45pm.

And 1:45pm seems like an oddly specific time.
maybe practice starts around 1-1:30? I assume Woj already knows and Hurley gave him a set time to release it, just after he’s had time to talk to the players.

Reaction Score
I am a retired guy who lives alone since my wife who also was a UCONN fan passed away so I have not much to do unless my grandkids are over. My wife left UCONN to have our children and I never could get her to go back and complete her degree as much as I tried. So all I did was follow Boneyard, sports, and D-Day movies all weekend.
So sorry you lost your wife recently. My wife is also a UConn fan. We are both ready for a resolution. Hope it goes our way!

Reaction Score
Unrivaled angst in UConn Nation. I would love to see all the players individually post simultaneously that coach is Back!!!!

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I have to imagine we will know in the next hour; he either coaches the practice starting at noon or he doesnt. He's not going to get through practice then announce to the world he took the Lakers job yesterday....
Practice is one hour long and can be anywhere from 12-4. Does not need to be at noon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom