Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Now Trilly saying Andrea flew out to LA today to meet Lakers execs. Not great.

Doesn't even make sense based on what's been reported, which is that the Lakers haven't even given their full pitch.

Edit: FWIW, Trilly already goofed once today on this stuff. And he was wrong about our portal recruiting.
FWIW the Storrs Central guy sources said about Andrea flying to LA "I don't think that's accurate."

Reaction Score
The people in here coping that living in LA on an NBA head coach salary would suck have been a funny reprieve for me today.
No, but that salary from another NBA team (which would surely be available to Hurley in a year or two) goes a lot further anywhere but L.A. if this is a money move, the California costs needs to be considered.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think this is a good discussion and it's how I've felt from the beginning since Woj broke the news, Wright feels that Hurley is using his relationship with Woj to leverage an extension from UConn, and Broussard feels that the Lakers is using Hurley to lower JJ Redick's contract demands

Never before have I wanted an opinion be more right. It makes sense. But who knows at this point.

Reaction Score
I think this is a good discussion and it's how I've felt from the beginning since Woj broke the news, Wright feels that Hurley is using his relationship with Woj to leverage an extension from UConn, and Broussard feels that the Lakers is using Hurley to lower JJ Redick's contract demands

from your words to the Basketball Gods' eyes and ears, I hope this is true. This is actually what I thought when getting over the shock of the news.

P.S. I manifested every UConn win from the Sweet 16 to the National Championship game. Needless to say I felt the need to manifest Hurley and his staff staying a few more years.

Reaction Score
Never before have I wanted an opinion be more right. It makes sense. But who knows at this point.
I actually think what they are saying is a strong possibility, but I am not going to lie, as a UConn fan I am unsettled with this breaking news.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg just on Mad Dog this afternoon he received a call from Danny to discuss this potential move. Dog asked him end of the show what he thought he’d do….he said he thinks he’s taking it
Interesting I just noticed that most of what I would call the “insiders” on this site have remained fairly quiet today. I am not going to call them out we all know those members who have incredible insight or “intel” before the rest of us. Yet they have not been part of this frenzy today.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t think he would take assistants with him. If he decides to go I think he would want assistants to take over the program and continue what he started.
I'm hoping that's the case. It fits in with the thinking that the assistants announced they were coming back before anyone really asked.

Reaction Score
True. But if you’re a “blue-collar guy” I think that kind of stuff matters. LA isn’t the safest place to raise a family either.

It's a big city. LA County's population exceeds that of 42 states. Like every big city there are safe areas and less than safe areas. And there are plenty of safe areas to raise a family, "blue collar" or not.

Not that any of this matters for a guy who's probably plunking down $15M to live in Manhattan Beach.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
You mean the same portaling that actually won him both titles?
FIFY

Half-serious; I think it's fair to say he has a love-hate relationship with the portal.
Hurley is not going to pull a Dabo and not use the portal or NIL. He doesn't have a love-hate relationship with the portal. He's not a fan and has said it publicly many times. UConn and Hurley have been very effective with the portal. No argument with that point.

Reaction Score
Now Trilly saying Andrea flew out to LA today to meet Lakers execs. Not great.

Doesn't even make sense based on what's been reported, which is that the Lakers haven't even given their full pitch.

Edit: FWIW, Trilly already goofed once today on this stuff. And he was wrong about our portal recruiting.
Maybe all this reporting has been wrong and it's Andrea they want for the job

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I actually think what they are saying is a strong possibility, but I am not going to lie, as a UConn fan I am unsettled with this breaking news.
Agreed 100%. No matter which way it goes it is going to make the process of getting ready for a three peat more difficult. They had practice today but how much could he have been focused. Now Seth was just on Sportscenter and not as emphatic. But they ended the segment by saying let’s see how this plays out over the next two weeks. Not sure I can take two weeks of this.

I am actually going on vacation on next Thursday at that means coming back to CT to visit with family and take in a few Yankee games with my boys. So I won’t even be able to escape it. Why did I decide CT this year if it was anywhere else I would just stop paying attention.

Reaction Score
The Knicks should guide Thibs to retirement and offer Hurley. The team has more upside than the Lakers and I would see him happy there. But Dan being a builder may want the Lakers. I think he is gone.

Reaction Score
Like this take but think he stays 4 or 5 more years at UConn, establishes his legacy as the best college coach ever with a couple more titles. And then he gets an NBA job in the Northeast where he coaches there and wins an NBA title, retiring at 60 as he has said he will not coach behind 60.
LOL Hurley is not going to stop coaching at 60.

People say a lot of things that they change their minds about when they get older.

As long as he stays healthy, he will coach into his 60's. What the hell else is he going to do?

Reaction Score
My mind is sick and warped watching these endless posts about Hurley.

What comes to mind is feeling of Camelot these past two years equating JFK with Danny. I have sunk that deep.

Reaction Score
True. But if you’re a “blue-collar guy” I think that kind of stuff matters. LA isn’t the safest place to raise a family either.
Dan is city/street smart. Very easy adjustment for him and fam. He ain't scared of LA crime after Jersey City, trust me.

Reaction Score
Andrea going to LA to meet with Lakers execs reminds me of the UConn president meeting with Karaban's mother. We know who needs to be convinced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom