Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Now Trilly saying Andrea flew out to LA today to meet Lakers execs. Not great.

Doesn't even make sense based on what's been reported, which is that the Lakers haven't even given their full pitch.

Edit: FWIW, Trilly already goofed once today on this stuff. And he was wrong about our portal recruiting.
The 6 hour flight to LA and the traffic instantly depressed me every time I flew back to lax after visiting my family in CT.

Reaction Score

Doesn't even make sense based on what's been reported, which is that the Lakers haven't even given their full pitch.

Edit: FWIW, Trilly already goofed once today on this stuff. And he was wrong about our portal recruiting.
of damn. (facepalm)

Reaction Score

Someone who’s a part of storrs central and has some connections disputes this as well. Who knows at this point

Reaction Score
Bad fit, imo. Danny is Blue Collar Northeast guy. Thats the opposite of West Coast, Showtime.

Reaction Score
I think this is a good discussion and it's how I've felt from the beginning since Woj broke the news, Wright feels that Hurley is using his relationship with Woj to leverage an extension from UConn, and Broussard feels that the Lakers is using Hurley to lower JJ Redick's contract demands

Reaction Score
You don’t want to be JJ Redick after this. The Laker fan base clearly prefers Hurley. I don’t think the Lakers are doing this to lower JJ’s monetary expectations. They are taking a shot at the hottest coach in basketball.

Reaction Score
Him leaving now…after all the celebration, salary increases, recruiting, helping to convince Karaban to come back (mostly by just his presence) and his general tone that indicated he was in it for at least the three peat attempt, it’s really just unfathomable. He could ruin this program for years to come, especially if he takes the assistants with him.

But let's all just wish him the best if he does.

Reaction Score
I don’t miss it one bit. Most of my friends (many of whom were east coasters) all left after finishing school.

That's funny, because it feels like half the people I work with grew up in NY.

Reaction Score
Him leaving now…after all the celebration, salary increases, recruiting, helping to convince Karaban to come back (mostly by just his presence) and his general tone that indicated he was in it for at least the three peat attempt, it’s really just unfathomable. He could ruin this program for years to come, especially if he takes the assistants with him.

I don’t think he would take assistants with him. If he decides to go I think he would want assistants to take over the program and continue what he started.

Reaction Score
My sister lives in Los Angeles and I visit her often. It's a ****hole to be honest. Major issues with transportation, crime and drug addicts. Can't walk 200 yards without coming across an addict.

Guess if you're just camping out in Beverly Hills, then it is fine.

I'll go out on a limb and say Hurley's not going to be living in your sister's neighborhood.

Reaction Score

I kind of think this isn't the worst thing. Yes, clearly Dan is very serious about this. But we know Andrea does not want to leave east. So she may make the decision even if she gets wined and dined by lakers

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom