Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Hurley took us to a place I never thought we'd see for a long long time. I really wanted to see what he could do with one more year. Bummed.
what? he took us to a place we had never been before. Only a few had, ever.

Reaction Score
But my point stands that they’re not stereotypical Jersey/east coast, hair on fire guys, like DH. Or, as the OP put it, fiery, borderline crazy, type A plus personalities.

You're saying this about Pat Riley? One of the all-time hardasses?

Reaction Score
With no consideration for my personal preferences (DH staying at UConn). Dan and his agent have done a masterful job of creating leverage for two iconic BB brands to compete financially for his services. Win-win for them.

I'm sure DB has been working on and will continue to work on a competitive package by CBB standards for Dan and his staff. Timing is everything in negotiations and I expect a strong response from UConn -within certain limits. As Coach Calhoun said in the Fanta interview earlier today-It really comes down to being a family decision. I think he stays.
@navery12 I hope this is the case. LA does weird things to a man.

I moved from NYC to L.A. in 2005. Everyone said "don't let it change you" I said "not me. I'm tristate area through and through".

Now look at me: I'm a 44 year old vegan buddhist who traded in my gym membership for a yoga mat.

Reaction Score

I moved from NYC to L.A. in 2005. Everyone said "don't let it change you" I said "not me. I'm tristate area through and through".

Now look at me: I'm a 44 year old vegan buddhist who traded in my gym membership for a yoga mat.
I made it one year in LA. Though I was in grad school and having limited money in LA is a no go….not an issue for DH.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Yikes.

Reaction Score
I made it one year in LA. Though I was in grad school and having limited money in LA is a no go….not an issue for DH.
That is a big factor for sure. Can't be poor in l.a.

*I left LA in 2016 and haven't been back since.

Reaction Score
Serious deja Vu re: Ollie to Lakers…

Hope it’s same outcome and just agent/negotiating leverage games
l
His dream has always been the NBA. He is only a "snake" to very sensitive people. He's done nothing wrong here. It sucks but
How. would you feel if you were a UConn player or parent of s UConn player who just passed up the portal because you thought xou thought the environment would be the same snd now its total uncertainty. These kids have to be conflicted.
I’m actually less concerned with Karaban whose decision to come back for 1 year was really a no brainer . He will graduate with two UConn degrees and despite the over optimistic BY appraisal an NBA career was extremly unlikely . He also has two rings.and the opportunity to accomplish what 2013-14 teams accomplished post JC
Getting back to Hurley The Laker Job for him seems like a strange move socially
as he is a total misfit for that culture .
If successful your a celebrity and that’s a difficult burden for a guy who wants to keep a family intact.
The Knick job would be a different story .
I understand the money and prestige of that job are incredible.but as my mother use to tell “ it’s not all gold that glitters “

Reaction Score
Uggh! If DH goes to the Lakers and DC or SC end up in Charlotte ill never watch another NBA game. I really hope he doesnt leave for that job. I expected to lose DH to the NBA at some point but this is too soon. Id be heart broken. That being said the only names to replace him should be Kimani or Luke. Itd would give us great continuity with the program and likely prevent a mass exodus of recruits.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Oh no!

This could be good news. They are trying to still sell Hurley makes me think he has not made a decision for real. Wonder who the next star who posts something on social media about this will be. It probably would have been Jack if social media was around thirty years ago.

Reaction Score

l

How. would you feel if you were a UConn player or parent of s UConn player who just passed up the portal because you thought xou thought the environment would be the same snd now its total uncertainty. These kids have to be conflicted.
I’m actually less concerned with Karaban whose decision to come back for 1 year was really a no brainer . He will graduate with two UConn degrees and despite the over optimistic BY appraisal an NBA career was extremly unlikely . He also has two rings.and the opportunity to accomplish what 2013-14 teams accomplished post JC
Getting back to Hurley The Laker Job for him seems like a strange move socially
as he is a total misfit for that culture .
If successful your a celebrity and that’s a difficult burden for a guy who wants to keep a family intact.
The Knick job would be a different story .
I understand the money and prestige of that job are incredible.but as my mother use to tell “ it’s not all gold that glitters “
It’s not just Karaban that came back to be developed one more year by Hurley and staff but what about Stewart, Ball, Ross and others who in Hurley’s own words had to re-recruited so they don’t go elsewhere after the season.

It’s going to be a major punch in the gut to them if he leaves but big-time athletics is a dirty game and everyone must be prepared now that’s it’s the wild west. Harbaugh wins Natty and goes back to the NFL and now possibly Hurley to the NBA.

I’m going fishing after work tonight and will not have service to hit the refresh button every 5 minutes. Go Mavs!

Reaction Score
This could be good news. They are trying to still sell Hurley makes me think he has not made a decision for real. Wonder who the next star who posts something on social media about this will be. It probably would have been Jack if social media was around thirty years ago.
Probably Sudeikis. That dude will jump on the bandwagon of any team that is the hot topic.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
BTW if Hurley goes to the Lakers, it would not surprise me to see him take most, or all, of his assistants. Could be devastating to the program.

Reaction Score
Andrea Hurley took a flight out to meet with the Lakers today (Trilly Donovan discord)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom