Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Every bit of news that trickles out makes me feel worse.
Guessing contract negotiations with his Agent have been happening and they are not completely on the same page

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Can't see him staying. Lakers would have a major black eye if this does not happen. They'll give him an offer he can't refuse.
I agree but it was impossible to give your post a like given the circumstances. For him to stay it’s going to have to be a Mother Theresa type intervention. This is the Lakers and he is a human being with a ego no matter how grounded he may be.

His father turned down increases in pay that on a percentage basis probably would have been higher or similiar and did not. I am hoping that is an inherited gene. You don’t leave what you love for any reason not your ego not for money not for anything.

Reaction Score
I would be really concerned about the assistant coaches. Would they all be gone too?

In any case I think it would be a mistake for him to take the job. I don't think what he's built at UConn would necessarily work on the Lakers, at least not without a complete rebuild over 3-4 years. But I'm sure part of it is Hurley would want to prove everyone wrong and do it anyway.

Reaction Score
This is not a big deal for Alex. He chose to come back for another year of college. He loves UCONN. He wants to improve his game. He wasn't coming back just for Danny.
He primarily was hes said so in his interviews

Reaction Score
Something to consider

Ha!!!! I lived in LA for 12 years: if you're going to Chipotle or Taco Bell as an l.a. resident you might as well save money and move to Iowa.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
But He already got all the leverage he needed from the Kentucky overture
This raises the bar higher it is more leverage because the numbers are bigger. But I don’t think it’s that even though it could be.

It’s now more about legacy and ego……not saying that in a bad way. But ego has always been a man’s legacy worst enemy.

Reaction Score
This raises the bar higher it is more leverage because the numbers are bigger. But I don’t think it’s that even though it could be.

It’s now more about legacy and ego……not saying that in a bad way. But ego has always been a man’s legacy worst enemy.
The number can’t go higher Kentucky was already offering Hurley $15 mill which is more than every nba coach but Kerr. It’s on par with popovich

Reaction Score

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If you don't actually know how many OTs there were is it really that bad?
Like I said it’s been a bad day. But I can assure you I was relegated to the basement that night and did not sleep so yeah it was bad. But I fixed it.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Who are you trying to convince here ? Karaban came back based on the possibility of making history at UConn next year and because his draft status wasn't good enough to stay in the draft.

Clearly, coming back to play for the reigning coach of the year coming off back to back titles was absolutely part of that calculation. Nobody is claiming Dan Hurley personally begged Alex to come back.
Plus he saw the pieces that were in place to play with him. If Dan Hurley leaves chances are a bunch of them are gone.

Reaction Score
I love Hurley. He's awesome and doesn't owe UConn anything at this point.

The one thing that just sucks is the guy put together a roster and got everyone excited about a 3peat to take a job thats been open for a month plus?? seems weird if he was the lakers "top candidate all along" that he would all of sudden now take the job once he recruited guys and everything he takes it in June? what happened? He was throwing up 3 peat signs at UFC on Saturday night.

Reaction Score
Something to keep in mind regarding Hurley and his contract renewal/negotiations, with the NCAA settlement allowing revenue share, there might be a correction in coaches salaries. Don't think schools will be able to pay the same top dollar for coaches and their staff when 20% of their budget is gone.

That's something the NBA coaches ain't got to worry about, if anything with the new TV deals, their market about heat up

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don’t know why everyone thinks thibs is a few years away from being fired? He’s killing it with this group.
He's 66. He's not close to being fired but he is close to hanging it up.

Reaction Score
Ha!!!! I lived in LA for 12 years: if you're going to Chipotle or Taco Bell as an l.a. resident you might as well save money and move to Iowa.

AND you may very well be stupid. I was curious so I looked it up: I can get a chile relleno burrito with carne asada from La Azteca in Boyle Heights for a couple bucks less than a steak burrito from the Chipotle near my house.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hurley has made the best of his current roster while putting his framework in place at every stop. LeBron at 40 is better than YouTube recruits. However, The faces he makes on the bench while Bron ‘plays’ D during the regular reason are going to be amazing.
LOL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom