Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
of course. I was mentioned for liking all of the posts on the Mcneeley thread, so got to continue that
Until we know Hurley’s future and for all of our well being we should be all talking or posting along the lines of @bjc42 it is a breath of fresh air and I send along my thank you for the positive attitude. Wish I had more of it.

Reaction Score
Until we know Hurley’s future and for all of our well being we should be all talking or posting along the lines of @bjc42 it is a breath of fresh air and I send along my thank you for the positive attitude. Wish I had more of it.
we can't change what hurley is going to do, so may as well look at it as if he's coming back. I can't lie, I am in shambles but being negative isn't going to make him come back. might as well be positive, right!

Reaction Score
Bourbon?
Like I said before. Having the fellas over for game 1 tonight. Jtims and bourbon sounds like the move. Hopefully I can put down solid foods. Don’t feel good about this. Lol

Reaction Score
Money isn't everything, but if UConn is offering Top 5 money, $30 M/5 yrs, and Tyronn Lue signed for $70 M/5, then we need to step up.
Kansas justifies paying Self almost $10M because the team draws kids to campus; seems applicable.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Now Trilly saying Andrea flew out to LA today to meet Lakers execs. Not great.

Doesn't even make sense based on what's been reported, which is that the Lakers haven't even given their full pitch.

Edit: FWIW, Trilly already goofed once today on this stuff. And he was wrong about our portal recruiting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

I was low-key hoping (like a one percent chance) that she might put her foot down and decide not to go to the West Coast.

Oh well. Hopefully Dave is figuring out his options so that we can show continuity if there is a change.

Reaction Score

l

How. would you feel if you were a UConn player or parent of s UConn player who just passed up the portal because you thought xou thought the environment would be the same snd now its total uncertainty. These kids have to be conflicted.
I’m actually less concerned with Karaban whose decision to come back for 1 year was really a no brainer . He will graduate with two UConn degrees and despite the over optimistic BY appraisal an NBA career was extremly unlikely . He also has two rings.and the opportunity to accomplish what 2013-14 teams accomplished post JC
Getting back to Hurley The Laker Job for him seems like a strange move socially
as he is a total misfit for that culture .
If successful your a celebrity and that’s a difficult burden for a guy who wants to keep a family intact.
The Knick job would be a different story .
I understand the money and prestige of that job are incredible.but as my mother use to tell “ it’s not all gold that glitters “
It would be unfortunate but it wouldn't make him a bad person. He probably figured a month ago that if he was going to be considered for an NBA job it wouldn't be right now in June when practice is just starting up.

Reaction Score

If true, this would be a horrible sign. I'm resigning myself to them leaving for LA. Now my only hope is we can keep most of the assistants and not lose half the team to the 30-day portal that would open up after Danny leaves.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Him leaving now…after all the celebration, salary increases, recruiting, helping to convince Karaban to come back (mostly by just his presence) and his general tone that indicated he was in it for at least the three peat attempt, it’s really just unfathomable. He could ruin this program for years to come, especially if he takes the assistants with him.

Reaction Score

Doesn't even make sense based on what's been reported, which is that the Lakers haven't even given their full pitch.

Edit: FWIW, Trilly already goofed once today on this stuff. And he was wrong about our portal recruiting.
Trilly seems like someone who had a source, cashed in on it, and lost the scoop. I don't take his word for anything anymore. He went from A tier leaker to C tier.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I’m miserable right now, but this whole bjc42 like thing cracks me up.
It reminds me of Groot dancing at the start of Guardians of the Galaxy II. The rest of us our jumping into the belly of the beast because we think it our best option. This for me will be the most memorable day in my time on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score

The 6 hour flight to LA and the traffic instantly depressed me every time I flew back to lax after visiting my family in CT.

Reaction Score

of damn. (facepalm)

Reaction Score

Someone who’s a part of storrs central and has some connections disputes this as well. Who knows at this point

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom