Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 47 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
He’s not leaving UConn for this job opportunity. Like anyone, he’s listening to what they have to say and he will be flattered by the royal treatment he and his wife will receive. The NBA is a totally different animal as too many great college coaches have found out. And a grind. And his coaching style will not fly in the NBA if he operates the same way as he has in college. Hurley will potentially use this as leverage to renegotiate something better at UConn but he’s staying here once the dust settles.

I'd love for this to be right but other than the travel I'm not sure the NBA is remotely the grind that college basketball in its current iteration is.

Reaction Score
Interesting I just noticed that most of what I would call the “insiders” on this site have remained fairly quiet today. I am not going to call them out we all know those members who have incredible insight or “intel” before the rest of us. Yet they have not been part of this frenzy today.
who are the insiders on this site anyways?

Reaction Score
FWIW the Storrs Central guy sources said about Andrea flying to LA "I don't think that's accurate."
A few hundred posts back someone said their son lives out there but I’m no Sherlock Holmes

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It’s simple, I think. Our only hope is that he’s using Woj and Greenberg for leverage at UConn. If not, I think he’s gone.

The Lakers are the Lakers. It’s basketball royalty… and Hurley likes challenges, so it makes sense from that standpoint. It’s surely a weird fit from purely an organizational and basketball standpoint. But Hurley has shown an ability to adapt, so I’m sure he would be able to do the same at any level.

Reaction Score
Interesting I just noticed that most of what I would call the “insiders” on this site have remained fairly quiet today. I am not going to call them out we all know those members who have incredible insight or “intel” before the rest of us. Yet they have not been part of this frenzy today.
We all could use some insider info at this point.

Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma can take a long walk off a short pier for what he said on Dan Patrick.

He’s officially dead to me. I may never watch another millisecond of women’s basketball.
Im sure he’s going to be sitting up at night worrying about how you feel about him and the women’s game. The man was simply being honest which is what I like about him. Whether or not you liked what his opinion is is irrelevant. I respect honesty, as opposed to being told what you and all of us wanted to hear.

Reaction Score
I'd love for this to be right but other than the travel I'm not sure the NBA is remotely the grind that college basketball in its current iteration is.
Coaching grown men is not like coaching college athletes. Do you think his super challenging practices will fly with the seasoned professionals? The NBA is a different environment.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
who are the insiders on this site anyways?
There are a few you will pick it up as you read more posts. Look at some of the information on the members drop-down. As I was typing this Sportscenter started by making it sound like it was a done deal. It is on ESPN right now. Hurley meets with LA tomorrow this sounds not so good as defined “ a negotiation that has traction”. But he did say the process will wrap out pretty quickly.

Reaction Score
Coaching grown men is not like coaching college athletes. Do you think his super challenging practices will fly with the seasoned professionals? The NBA is a different environment.

I don't think super-challenging practices are part of the NBA.

If you're assuming that Hurley would replicate his approach to coaching at UConn in the NBA I think you're mistaken. (It's part of the reason I don't think he's an NBA guy, because he's going to have to dial back a lot of what makes him great in college at the pro level.)

But I think the lifestyle of an NBA coach is far superior and healthier to that of a college coach in 2024.

Reaction Score
But I think the lifestyle of an NBA coach is far superior and healthier to that of a college coach in 2024.
This really can’t be overstated. Between coaching, managing the academic side, NIL, recruiting, and the transfer portal, there is no offseason and the hours are brutal year round.

Reaction Score
I kind of think this isn't the worst thing. Yes, clearly Dan is very serious about this. But we know Andrea does not want to leave east. So she may make the decision even if she gets wined and dined by lakers
It’s very naive to believe Andrea will make this decision.

It’s a true toss up, let’s just keep our fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Well..It was a fun 2 years.
Yes it was, cherish it for what it was. Most fan bases could live to be 100 + and never come remotely close to what we’ve experienced as a fan base in our lifetimes. I have a UConn room ( my office ), a UConn tree that stays up till the last UConn game ( men’s or women’s ). We’ve been to 3 UConn championships and proudly fly UConn flags around our property with pride and will continue to. Disappointed?? Of course and it’s a gut punch but it is what it is and we will recover, we always seem to land on our feet as a program and hopefully we will continue to.

Reaction Score
I don't think super-challenging practices are part of the NBA.

If you're assuming that Hurley would replicate his approach to coaching at UConn in the NBA I think you're mistaken. (It's part of the reason I don't think he's an NBA guy, because he's going to have to dial back a lot of what makes him great in college at the pro level.)

Sadly true.

Reaction Score
There are a few you will pick it up as you read more posts. Look at some of the information on the members drop-down. As I was typing this Sportscenter started by making it sound like it was a done deal. It is on ESPN right now. Hurley meets with LA tomorrow this sounds not so good as defined “ a negotiation that has traction”. But he did say the process will wrap out pretty quickly.
I’m sure the announcers from Syracuse are hyping this up as much as they can.

Let’s see if AD wants to set screens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom