Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Don’t know why everyone thinks thibs is a few years away from being fired? He’s killing it with this group.
He's 66. He's not close to being fired but he is close to hanging it up.

Reaction Score
Ha!!!! I lived in LA for 12 years: if you're going to Chipotle or Taco Bell as an l.a. resident you might as well save money and move to Iowa.

AND you may very well be stupid. I was curious so I looked it up: I can get a chile relleno burrito with carne asada from La Azteca in Boyle Heights for a couple bucks less than a steak burrito from the Chipotle near my house.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Hurley has made the best of his current roster while putting his framework in place at every stop. LeBron at 40 is better than YouTube recruits. However, The faces he makes on the bench while Bron ‘plays’ D during the regular reason are going to be amazing.
LOL.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this is all just pressure to the AD to get the new contract extension done, because it's weird that it hasn't been done. If he does leave, he leaves as a legend and obviously wish him the best. But I don't think it'll end up working out with multiple championships with the Lakers. I think there will be some regret that he didn't end up staying at UConn and potentially building the greatest dynasty in college basketball history.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
The number can’t go higher Kentucky was already offering Hurley $15 mill which is more than every nba coach but Kerr. It’s on par with popovich
I thought I read $20M a year somewhere but I won’t argue that point I have been trying not to jump out the window keep up with the news, post and get some work done today so it is what it is.

Good to know no matter how horrible the situation UConn fan stick together and are not petty with each other.

Whoever has not posted on this thread is either out of the country not able during the day or not a person who actually makes this team a big part of their life.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I read up to post #77 at 7:30 this morning. Now it's at #1033 at 4:27. Well done!

This whole thing stinks. If Hurley leaves, expect a mass exodus from the recruits and we are stuck with no returning starters from last year and a bottom 5 finish in the Big East. (Yes my emotions are playing in to that)

Reaction Score
But He already got all the leverage he needed from the Kentucky overture
No - he didn't. I've heard different things - he either got an offer and it wasn't good enough or there wasn't an offer. So no, he didn't.

Benedict NEEDS to have some balls right now. Pay him over 10. He has to.

Reaction Score
I read up to post #77 at 7:30 this morning. Now it's at #1033 at 4:27. Well done!

This whole thing stinks. If Hurley leaves, expect a mass exodus from the recruits and we are stuck with no returning starters from last year and a bottom 5 finish in the Big East. (Yes my emotions are playing in to that)
When big news happens the BY becomes that weird scroll-chat you get when illegally streaming an nfl game. It's just spitballing comments with no regard for anyone that has posted before you. I'd wager, 90% of the posts on this thread are duplicates.

awy

Reaction Score
the best argument against leaving right now is basically the current lakers roster isn't going to be practicing very hard, and hurley is more of a practice coach than in-game coach. his player development focus would be better fit in a year or two when they enter rebuild (with no picks LOL) so just wait until then. there's no rush they won't be winning anything short term anyway.

Reaction Score
Hopefully this is all just pressure to the AD to get the new contract extension done, because it's weird that it hasn't been done. If he does leave, he leaves as a legend and obviously wish him the best. But I don't think it'll end up working out with multiple championships with the Lakers. I think there will be some regret that he didn't end up staying at UConn and potentially building the greatest dynasty in college basketball history.

No, if he bolts now, he would not be leaving a "legend". I don't even think he is HOF yet.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a great coach. We learned in the last year or so that he also likes being a star. He doesn’t run from the limelight. Recently I commented here that he is embracing being the face of college basketball.

But that makes me think he will leave for the Lakers

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Hurley is a great coach. We learned in the last year or so that he also likes being a star. He doesn’t run from the limelight. Recently I commented here that he is embracing being the face of college basketball.

But that makes me think he will leave for the Lakers
Ego > Legacy happens more often than not……

Reaction Score
If this is excruciating for fans, imagine what it must be like for the players.
I feel awful for players. honestly they have every right to leave and probably should (unless we keep the rest of our staff in this hypothetical). I would be the first to say how much I appreciate hurley but doing something like this would be a backstabbing move from a recruit's standpoint. brutal

Reaction Score
I think Hurley told Karaban if you’re not going in the first round come back(as he’s stated) Karaban has said as much. In multiple interviews he said “Coach thought this is what was best for me”. I think Hurley saying that carried a lot of weight for Alex.

I don’t think he didn’t give Karaban advice. Thats silly.

I don’t think he gives Karaban advice to come back without telling him he might not be there.

I’m choosing to believe he’s staying because of this. The alternative doesn’t fit him imo.
Karaban came back because of Hurley being able to develop him into a first round pick. If he knew Hurley was about to bolt to the NBA, he probably would have stayed in the draft and taken his chances. He must feel slightly ticked off…
AK turned down multiple promises of a guaranteed deal in second round

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom