Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 97 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Danny’s star grew in some ways because a lunatic fan base has embraced him. We help fuel the fire. The same way Danny will take a bat for his kids and team, we as fans will defend Hurley to the very end. We realky behind him. Don’t won’t happen in the nba. It definitely won’t happen in la if the team struggles.

Reaction Score
So Benedict is on a plane this morning. Great. Wasn't Warde Manuel in the Caribbean when the ACC was meeting on who to admit?
Wondering if he is visiting someone like he did with Mora?

Reaction Score
G
I think Geno needs to tweak his coaching staff some. The reality is the team is very good but not consistently at the level they need to be in recent years.
The women's side has had a 3 year run of some of the worst injury luck any major program has ever had. They've lost something like 16 scholarship players to significant or season ending injuries in the last 3 seasons.

Pretty good argument that the last few seasons have been some of Genos best coaching in his career.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think Geno needs to tweak his coaching staff some. The reality is the team is very good but not consistently at the level they need to be in recent years.
I think you have to concede that injuries played a huge role in that. So unless you're talking about getting rid of Andrea Hurdy, I'm not sure how it change in staff would have changed the outcome. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a younger more relatable coach on the staff. I not sure that Morgan Valley fills that need successfully.

Reaction Score
Hurleys entire post championship media tour was talking about a threepeat
Yes that’s definitely the goal to aspire to but it is not the expectation when you return 1 starter. True, it us the journey you go on but if you think it should be the fan expectation every year, that’s a problem.

Reaction Score
Not much new but some sourced comments about caps and all. And where is AD Dave flying to or from?

I don't want to hear about some arbitrary cap. That's setting yourself up to fail. The only way to approach this is how can we make if happen. Not bending to some pompous short-sighted political opportunist pretending we can't do two things at once. A generous, reasonable (in today's terms) offer is completely defensible and appropriate.

Reaction Score
I think you have to concede that injuries played a huge role in that. So unless you're talking about getting rid of Andrea Hurdy, I'm not sure how it change in staff would have changed the outcome. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a younger more relatable coach on the staff. I not sure that Morgan Valley fills that need successfully.
I think having some fresh ideas on the staff isn’t a bad thing. In every profession you either change some or get left behind.

Reaction Score
Yes that’s definitely the goal to aspire to but it is not the expectation when you return 1 starter. True, it us the journey you go on but if you think it should be the fan expectation every year, that’s a problem.
Does a lot of the fan base really expect it though? Obviously we all hope for it and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think next year’s UConn team to be in the mix and have as good a shot as anyone. Like Providence in the recruiting game.

Reaction Score
I’d say he’s on the 18th tee box
Very close, it is more like LeBron hit his drive on 17 into the woods and is looking for his ball, probably hitting sidewise if he finds it and saving par is best case scenario. The 18th hole is a long par 5 and based on recent results LeBron too tired, likely again hits 2nd from woods.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Chief,

When Hurley makes his weekly call to you for advice, after recommending he decline the Lakers offer you should add that it would be a good move if he would drop the three peat talk.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Things we really don’t need to know?
fuck yeah fist pump GIF

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So Benedict is on a plane this morning. Great. Wasn't Warde Manuel in the Caribbean when the ACC was meeting on who to admit?
Wondering if he is visiting someone like he did with Mora?
Relax. He is traveling back and forth from UConn baseball super regional as another posted indicated.

When I first saw he was on a flight I thought he was going to LA to get our guy back lol

CL82

Reaction Score
Chief,

When Hurley makes his weekly call to you for advice, after recommending he decline the Lakers offer you should add that it would be a good move if he would drop the three peat talk.
Disagree with the latter half of that. The same argument he shouldn't have been talking about the repeat this year and that worked out pretty well.

Reaction Score
I don't want to hear about some arbitrary cap. That's setting yourself up to fail. The only way to approach this is how can we make if happen. Not bending to some pompous short-sighted political opportunist pretending we can't do two things at once. A generous, reasonable (in today's terms) offer is completely defensible and appropriate.
If they can make Geno the highest paid women’s coach at this point in his career there is no excuse for not doing the same for Dan, the best coach in college basketball….

I don’t live in Ct but I’m guessing the vibe is a bit different than 2018. That’s worth something even if it comes from the state coffers.

CL82

Reaction Score
We are at the fake insider stage of this ordeal. He is leaning towards coming back but could totally change his mind. Per my sources.
Are your sources actually credible?

My source is my neighbor's dog Sam, who believes Hurley is going to LA. He hasn't been right yet, but I figure he's due.

Reaction Score
If they can make Geno the highest paid women’s coach at this point in his career there is no excuse for not doing the same for Dan, the best coach in college basketball….

I don’t live in Ct but I’m guessing the vibe is a bit different than 2018. That’s worth something even if it comes from the state coffers.
Uconn markets itself as the basketball Capitol of the world. It’s great marketing but if we make that claim, then Dan should be the highest paid coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom