Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 96 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
LeBron should barely even be a factor in the decision. He's gonna be a free agent this summer so it's far from a lock he's even a Laker
Hurley signs with the Lakers, LeBron is a Laker. Zero doubt.

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
That is going to be hard. I really don’t agree with those that it will be all hugs and kisses on this board if he leaves and the season tanks. Guess now we really know what the me season is. What this decision all means to us must be similiar to what he goes through when the portal is open.

But it still stinks and the only way it does not tarnish his legacy is if Kimani and Luke stay and we have a great couple years we will forget.

But if we stink for the next three or four year or forever with the P4 craziness it will always be a point of contention.

When the suffering starts the Hurley love will morph into something else.

It is human nature.
Will not be hugs and kisses here... I totally respect decisions made for the best self and family interests ( $$$ , bigger better opportunity etc. ). This is big business ( NBA / College Bball. My biggest struggle here is the timing..If this had happened in April along with KY interest it would be a totally different discussion. We could debate all the pros and cons of the opportunity ( still have lots of questions what it would be like for him trying to "coach" Lebron and other NBA prima donnas... Leaving today throws coaching , player transfers, entire program in an undeserved state of chaos and leaves open the question of how much of the reestablishment of the UCONN brand is lasting and can be built upon. Or was it just amazing yet temporary glory with a way to short shelf life

Hope he is true to who and what he is... Can never picture him as Hollwood Danny

awy

Reaction Score
I keep coming back to the thought that Benedict is OK with Hurley listening to the Lakers interest, maybe even encouraged it, in order to help himself and Hurley jolt the powers that be into having the urgency to bring their contract negotiation across the finish line.

I feel like Geno goading Hurley to consider it is in this guise as well.
literally 4d chess out here. not only getting more money from the state but making it clear to the world that hurley and his staff are simply two levels beyond any other college staff and are extremely coveted by the biggest names in the NBA.

Reaction Score
People are talking about the Lakers offer as if UConn is offering zero. News flash, UConn is also offering generational wealth. That said, the extra few million the Lakers are offering is inconsequential to Hurley’s life. This isnt about money. Because in the end, whatever more he earns in La won’t add happiness. He has passed the point where a few mil more or less even matters.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You realize he’s not getting a $100M upfront right? Then he’s going to lose half to taxes etc. It will net out to $50-60MM spread out over the better part of a decade.
Pssh, barely worth the bother.

CL82

Reaction Score
I keep coming back to the thought that Benedict is OK with Hurley listening to the Lakers interest, maybe even encouraged it, in order to help himself and Hurley jolt the powers that be into having the urgency to bring their contract negotiation across the finish line.

I feel like Geno goading Hurley to consider it is in this guise as well.
I doubt it, but Geno did say that it was a good thing that he got his contract wrapped up because after Dan gets his deal, there won't be any money left.

Reaction Score
I doubt it, but Geno did say that it was a good thing that he got his contract wrapped up because after Dan gets his deal, there won't be any money left.
I’m kind of annoyed they took care of Geno before getting Hurleys deal done. Dan is ascending, Geno is in the twilight. No need for Geno to be the highest paid women’s coach at this point. It’s not 2010

Reaction Score
I’m kind of annoyed they took care of Geno before getting Hurleys deal done. Dan is ascending, Geno is in the twilight. No need for Geno to be the highest paid women’s coach at this point. It’s not 2010
Don’t you think this was by design and controlled by Danny’s camp?

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't think it was sequential in the least. I'm sure they were working on both deals contemporaneously. For what it's worth, the facts of Dan's deal changed this Spring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom