Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 94 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
$100M salary over 6-10 years is not generational money. It’s a crazy amount to be sure, but not generational money that sets up grand kids.

Now if you had $100M in assets today that could be invested and earn a return you are probably close

Hey look guys we got Jeff Bezos over here

Stop watching CNBC and join the real world, Jim. That kind of money lets you set up trust funds for your grandkids.

Reaction Score

Stop watching CNBC and join the real world, Jim. That kind of money lets you set up trust funds for your grandkids.
If it’s not generational does that mean he’s still clipping coupons?

Reaction Score
$100M salary over 6-10 years is not generational money. It’s a crazy amount to be sure, but not generational money that sets up grand kids.

Now if you had $100M in assets today that could be invested and earn a return you are probably close
What is your definition of generational money?! Sure you could be really stupid with your money and blow it all, but to any halfway financially responsible person, that is generational money.

Reaction Score

Ha. For real. I know a trust fund kid whose grandfather owned 3 car dealerships in Middle TN.

Reaction Score

Yes it is, if that is your intention.

Trinity-Study-Results-4-rule.jpg

As soon as you have enough money to live your "dream"/ideal lifestyle off of only 2-3% of your wealth, You have now reached generational wealth. A simple 70/30 Stock/bond asset allocation will outpace your spending and your wealth will actually continue growing despite you taking 2-3% every year (2% is safer if you want to account for the potential of a larger than average family).

Reaction Score

12M/yr is about $5.7M after taxes. So $46M over the contract. I’m assuming his agent takes some and he finds tax loopholes, whatever.

If he took $500k of that per grandkid and put it in a trust that’s $2.75M by the time they’re 21, or $96k a year to live off of for life.

Probably not enough where they’d never have to work, but hey I’d take $3M.

Now if he did $1M. They’d never have to work.

Reaction Score
Not to mention what if he doesn't mesh with the NBA guys and he get canned agter 2 year. He will see a fraction of that money and end up back in college and be back at square 1 and having to start all over again.
Wouldn't they have to pay him his entire contract value if they fired him? I am pretty sure that's how it works unless there is some agreement in the contract otherwise, which I can't imagine Dan would agree to.

Reaction Score

4% a year of $100m = $4 million a year.
Hurley has 2 kids, so assuming they have 2 kids, that's $1m each per year for each of his grand kids.

Reaction Score
After taxes that is over 10mil per person 2 kids and 4 grandkids. Which will grow at far more than 4%. Not including his already nice nest egg that he already has.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't they have to pay him his entire contract value if they fired him? I am pretty sure that's how it works unless there is some agreement in the contract otherwise, which I can't imagine Dan would agree to.
Yes, contracts are guaranteed.

Reaction Score
4% a year of $100m = $4 million a year.
Hurley has 2 kids, so assuming they have 2 kids, that's $1m each per year for each of his grand kids.
You realize he’s not getting a $100M upfront right? Then he’s going to lose half to taxes etc. It will net out to $50-60MM spread out over the better part of a decade.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Wasn't Kobe from LA? I can't fault anyone for wanting to play for his hometown team.

No he grew up in Italy and outside of Philly. He just was a diva from age 15 and wanted the most exposure and attention.

Reaction Score
You realize he’s not getting a $100M upfront right? Then he’s going to lose half to taxes etc. It will net out to $50-60MM spread out over the better part of a decade.
But then you're not considering endorsements, speaking arrangements, future earnings, etc. it is 100% generational wealth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom