Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 81 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I can't see how they would have possibly offered him less than $100 million. As with Kentucky, if this is entirely about the money then of course he's going to go to LA. LA or Storrs, Andrew Hurley's grandkids won't have to work if they don't want to.

Reaction Score
Fanta just reported $100M guaranteed is the Lakers offer.

We need to do $9M/10 years or $10M/10 years and match them
Is it too late to start a gofundme campaign to keep him?
I wonder how long the contract is for? 7 year?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Depressing Fanta calls it 75% done, the only potential stumbling block being roster control.

Reaction Score
Alright… as much as I love Hurley as a coach… the Lakers would give a hundred million dollars guaranteed and some kind of “roster control” to him??? Seems ludicrous and frankly desperate. God bless em all if this goes down

Reaction Score
Fanta just reported $100M guaranteed is the Lakers offer.

We need to do $9M/10 years or $10M/10 years and match them
Honestly that doesn’t seem as big as I thought it would be. Was thinking it would exceed 150M. UConn should be able to match that on total dollars at 10m/10 years.

Reaction Score
OK...be real. This is a once in a lifetime offer off back to back titles. If this team gets to the sweet 16 he is back out of the running going forward and much less money than what the Lakers offer would be. He has said one of his goals is to coach in the NBA. Any comments about loyalty or what about Alex, just drop it. Since he is flown out obvious he has some interest. We have no idea if he has an actual offer. The odds are simple....50---50. Either he takes it or he does not. Successful or not he is going to get enough money to whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Reaction Score
God fanta depressing. Every time I look he’s putting up something related to Hurley leaving

Reaction Score
I was responding to the notion that the roster was garbage. They won 47 games in the west with a garbage roster. How many more wins do you think Hurley gives them if he is a better coach than Ham? 2? 5? 10?
Does it matter how many more regular season wins? The NBA is about the playoffs - not the regular season. A team like the Lakers its all about winning in the playoffs. The NBA invented "Load Management" for that very reason.

A huge issue is that Lebron and Davis are going to a year older which means they will be a year worse. And there is no way LA / and LeBron are going to stand for a rebuild. They are into reloading. What new acquisitions do you see them getting that's going to put them over the hump? All-the while if they don't do extremely well next year - the time clock of LeBron and Davis keeps wearing them down. Before this year Davis averaged under 50 games played the past 5 years. Now because Hurley comes he will magically transform into a healthy player?

Unlike the Knicks and Brunson, they are in the loaded West. The entire group of LA FO, Fan Base and Players are expecting winning yet theses superstars that are aging is not for the better. There is only so much Hurley can do.

And more of a priority than playing for the Lakers is that players wnba to get paid. n particular FA's want to get paid. Thus when you go FA the highest bidder or even if not highest - you overpay them. The Lakers these last few years have overpaid and how has that worked out for them?

Time always wins out. Time is coming hard at the Lakers. This is not good for Hurely.

Reaction Score
Genuine question how does Fanta seem to have so much info on this already? It’s not like he’s plugged in with the NBA?
Agents like you bro, that’s how, spoon feeding him what they want out there

Reaction Score
The Laker job is a once in a lifetime offer especially when it comes to the terms of the contract. As much as I have been praying for Coach to stay I would understand if he accepted. As for his players whoever transfers out for which they have 30 days to do so I would not question their loyalty or have any hard feelings towards them. I will remain confident he will stay and that family trumps money and the glitz and glamour. I will take out the rosary beads one more time for positive prayer.

Reaction Score
Depressing Fanta calls it 75% done, the only potential stumbling block being roster control.
That’s a big stumbling block because as long as LeBron is there he will want at least some say and input.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Genuine question how does Fanta seem to have so much info on this already? It’s not like he’s plugged in with the NBA?

I've read a bunch of articles he's written. Not sure what "info" is in there. Seems like anybody here could have written most of it. He does say "sources" here and there, that's about it. The rest is regurgitating the same pros and cons everybody already knows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom