Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 82 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Fanta just reported $100M guaranteed is the Lakers offer.

We need to do $9M/10 years or $10M/10 years and match them
To be clear he said at least 100 million.

Around 90 min in.

Reaction Score
OK...be real. This is a once in a lifetime offer off back to back titles. If this team gets to the sweet 16 he is back out of the running going forward and much less money than what the Lakers offer would be. He has said one of his goals is to coach in the NBA. Any comments about loyalty or what about Alex, just drop it. Since he is flown out obvious he has some interest. We have no idea if he has an actual offer. The odds are simple....50---50. Either he takes it or he does not. Successful or not he is going to get enough money to whatever he wants whenever he wants.
He doesn’t have much to prove but he’s not magically out of the running after a sweet 16 exit following back to back titles. Get a grip

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
The chastisement comments up here are the worst. Let people deal with this sudden, traumatic situation in peace. We’re talking the best head coach in the sport leaving, immediate coaching staff instability and immediate roster instability. We’re not dealing with a two week ankle sprain here. And it all flipped in less than a week.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I guess it cuts both ways. A lot of rosters are already set -- I'm sure Liam as a top-10 recruit would still have plenty of options if he decides to change up his team again but fewer than before. Plus he's already at UConn. It's a crappy situation but I don't think it's a given the whole team is just going to transfer out immediately. They'll wait to see who we retain as HC.
Agreed, but it would really put us in a bad spot considering we would have nothing to pivot to in the event people did decide to go. Like we could end up having to bring in a bunch of low level recruits just to have enough bodies.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I hope this ends no later than Monday. Hopefully sooner because let’s be honest this is now going to impact most of our weekends. And most people we interact with will see it and ask what’s wrong and if you give an honest answer they think you are crazy.

So there is that to look forward too this weekend.

My wife has asked me if everything is all right at least 5 times today because I will be blank staring consumed with this situation.

If it is over man that ended too soon. And it was the duck*ng Lakers. Even worse if you are a Celtic fan with all that bad blood. I am a Knicks fan and I never rooted for them.

Reaction Score
i cant remeber the last time i watched around the horn, was probably highschool. but i will have espn on all weekend incase there's breaking news. Isola and Torre both just said they think he stays in CT. take that for what it's worth.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Agreed, but it would really put us in a bad spot considering we would have nothing to pivot to in the event people did decide to go. Like we could end up having to bring in a bunch of low level recruits just to have enough bodies.
And Hurley knows that will happen or could happen. If this decision tanks this season for these kids this late in the process it is going to take some time to recover.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Is there a Boneyard record for most posts under one thread? That is the most important question today.
I’m sure that title belongs to Non-Key Tweeets at 25k posts and counting followed by Key Tweets at 21k posts and counting, both in the conference realignment board.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
i cant remeber the last time i watched around the horn, was probably highschool. but i will have espn on all weekend incase there's breaking news. Isola and Torre both just said they think he stays in CT. take that for what it's worth.
After the Cooper Flagg debacle I think I’d rather have Isola just stay quiet

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Isola also predicted Flagg was choosing UConn. Really not trying to be a wise a** just it was the first thing that popped in my head when I read your post. No malicious intent.

Reaction Score
I was responding to the notion that the roster was garbage. They won 47 games in the west with a garbage roster. How many more wins do you think Hurley gives them if he is a better coach than Ham? 2? 5? 10?
Remember they have Bron and Brow and their bringing in Bronny whos the future of the franchise. Theyre loaded and locked in for the future. :rolleyes: Seriously i wish it wasnt the Lakers. That being said lets see how this plays out because even if very small there is a chance he stays. I think hes gone but you never know until you know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom