Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 79 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I don’t think I am overrating free agent pickups at all. They can change a franchise. Jalen Brunson has worked out okay for the Knicks.

Do you think Dan Hurley will be a better NBA coach than Darvin Ham? If you don’t that’s ok but I think most do.
Is the bar, Ham? So he is going to be great and turnaround teh Lakers beucase he is better than Ham as the bar?

How many Brunson's are out there?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kimani graduated college 98, so he is at most 50. A little young to be "resigned" to be a 2, but who knows. Wondering what his relationship with Luke is like.

I wonder if Luke is truly a 1 either. Seems a tad mellow, maybe the analytic side makes him seem that way.
When Kinani filled in for a tossed Hurley he beat Villanova. When Luke Coached against Seton Hall I believe we blew a lead and lost.

Should we base it on record? :)

Reaction Score
Is there any prediction as to the timeline of this? Is a press conference happening this weekend? I don’t see how dragging the uncertainty on is anything but damaging.

Reaction Score
Wow. Seventy nine pages. Two observations:

1) We’re on the second day and the thread is still growing faster than I can read it. Impressive.

2) The default of the boneyard when things don’t appear to be going well, is to turn inward, and devour our own. Yet here we are, 2000 replies deep, and the discussion is still largely civil. This has me very concerned.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
2) The default of the boneyard when things don’t appear to be going well, is to turn inward, and devour our own. Yet here we are, 2000 replies deep, and the discussion is still largely civil. This has me very concerned.

That is because Superjohn is conspicuously absent. I pray he didnt get carjacked or mugged and he is just vacationing with his bros in Mexico City again.

Reaction Score
No one, least of all me, is saying that. Im just feeling like we are being prepared for it.
Good, I'm relying on faith a lot here, faith in Hurleys character, faith in Connecticut realizing how important it is he says, faith in Our Father. Shakes my faith when folks who usually have a pretty level take(like you), seem to lean towards a departure. I'll put you back in the keeping the faith column!!

Didn't someone just say recently that not much was going on on the Yard?? Boy, wish those days(day?) were back!!

Reaction Score
There's about two or three jobs that exist in Dan's profession where you take the call this late in the game, this is one of them.
In your opinion...only if he does the right way and can orchestrate a smooth transition for the players & UConn. It's late in the game to be bolting with the whole team on campus....if he can't do it right then he shouldn't until next year.

Reaction Score
I think hes gone and im ok with it. What bothers me and whats going to be the real gut punch is if a bunch of the players leave. I was really, really, REALLY looking forward to seeing this team especially guys like McNeely, Nowell and Reed. I will be absolutely heartbroken if there is a mass exodus of players.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No one, least of all me, is saying that. Im just feeling like we are being prepared for it.
It feels that way. The rumor I've seen that most concerns me is that the Laker owners, all the way down to Magic, love what he built as a system and culture. While Lebron is in win now mode, he's a free agent. Hiring Hurley isn't going to help Lebron and it may be that they view this as a rebuild post Lebron. Have heard that they are open to letting him transition out of coaching like Brad Stevens down the road and want him running the franchise. Would possibly trade AD to a contender and start the rebuild with a new culture.

That's what we're possibly competing with. If so, it's a lot.

Reaction Score
Wow. Seventy nine pages. Two observations:

1) We’re on the second day and the thread is still growing faster than I can read it. Impressive.

Has anyone done any work in the last 2 days?

Reaction Score
I think hes gone and im ok with it. What bothers me and whats going to be the real gut punch is if a bunch of the players leave. I was really, really, REALLY looking forward to seeing this team especially guys like McNeely, Nowell and Reed. I will be absolutely heartbroken if there is a mass exodus of players.
yeah that's a good point. I wouldn't be too happy if he left, but it is what it is. but to lose the guys we have been developing the past two years AND the recruiting class from this year (transfer portal too) would be absolutely brutal

Reaction Score
If we’ve learned nothing we’ve learned that we need a DH succession plan. Even if he returns. It won’t be for long. It’ll probably be used against him in recruiting too.
They're going to negatively recruit against Hurley by telling players he turned down Kentuckly and the Lakers in one offseason to stay at UConn? It's a bold strategy Cotton.....

Reaction Score
Is the bar, Ham? So he is going to be great and turnaround teh Lakers beucase he is better than Ham as the bar
I was responding to the notion that the roster was garbage. They won 47 games in the west with a garbage roster. How many more wins do you think Hurley gives them if he is a better coach than Ham? 2? 5? 10?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom