Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I am used to getting no work done while refreshing for recruiting updates, which have at least been a positive experience lately. This is going to be the bad refresh.

Reaction Score
If I am Hurley- I would not leave until the year I didn’t win a title- Hurley has a chance to win 3 in a row & possibly even more & become the best coach in all of sports & possibly the best coach to ever live if this streak continues. To leave when you have an opportunity to accomplish things that have never happened before is a hard decision- but also understand the decision becomes easier when there is an extra 50-100M at stake.

Reaction Score
UConn title odds have not been taken down or changed in the betting markets for what it’s worth. They are still co-favorites with Kansas at 10:1. That’s a good sign IMO

Reaction Score
misguided or not I’ll have enough anger to share with every party in this situation.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this is why recruit canceled 6/24 visit? Geno contract announcement? Hmmm.... I guess Redick wasn't LeBron's man after all.

I think DH should wait for Knicks or Celtics job. Kimani should get the UConn job if Hurley doesn't poach the staff.

Reaction Score
Not unlike the LIV golf offers, at some point the $ gets to be too much to walk away from
Again, how much more are they going to offer him over UK? If the UK rumors are true, LA would have to make him an immediate top 5 paid coach in the league. That is just insane

Reaction Score
NBA coaches don't earn that much. Why are you just making things up? Just a few do... Pop, Spo, Monty. Everyone else is below 10 mill. I could see Hurley getting 13 mill easily which would still make him a top-10 paid coach in the league.

UConn can't match that. The decision will be about NBA coaching longevity, culture, and the high likelihold of flaming out in a few years like every other college coach that goes to the league. Or stay where you're comfortable for 10 years and 8ish million a year.
If Hurley leaves UConn, he is going to paid amongst the top NBA coaches.

Reaction Score
If Hurley leaves UConn, he is going to paid amongst the top NBA coaches.

Yeah? And that's not what you said. You didn't bother to do 4 seconds of research and claimed NBA coaches make 15-16 million. They don't. A FEW do.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I know what most people would do. I'm clinging to the belief that Dan is batsh*t crazy.

Reaction Score
If he does leave- Uconn has one of the top assistant coaches in Luke Murray.

Who has never run a program. He or Kimani would not he a hire I'm thrilled with.

Reaction Score
I think we have to assume he is gone with Luke and Kimani. Lakers will make him one of the highest paid if not the highest paid coach in the league. He will have complete autonomy on personnel.

Will he be able to coach the nba player? That is a legitimate question but I don’t think that will stop Dan from making this move.

And, the 30-day transfer window will likely see significant departures.

Can we keep Tom as an interim coach to continue Dan’s system and keep some of our new additions? That would buy us time to conduct a proper search.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
not like this. Hurley the lakers only REAL target, and want him to dictate the direction of the franchise and install his system and culture.

The Ollie situation was a lot like this, and Ollie chose poorly.

People's characterization of college vs. the NBA is wildly off now that we are in the NIL/Transfer Portal era. Every top college coach is trying to re-recruit his roster while recruiting replacements while raising money to recruit while also running a program. It is absolutely brutal on college coaches. The days of a coach like Boeheim making Final Fours while working 9 to 5 are long over.

The NBA has players under contract and the coach has most of their careers in his hands because all he has to do is tweak the office a little and someone's stats go down and they lose millions. Los Angeles can compete with any franchise in the NBA for talent. The pressure to win is big, but it sounds like Hurley will make enough off this contract that his kids will never have to work.

caw

Reaction Score
If he does leave- Uconn has one of the top assistant coaches in Luke Murray.

I think Kimani would be in line before Luke, no? As long as UConn retains them and Moore, I think UConn will be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom