Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

awy

Reaction Score
the rebuild job he wants will be there in 1 or 2 years guaranteed. lakers are not winning anything ever. :D

Reaction Score
We need to understand that ANY coach in this position has to at least HEAR out arguably the greatest franchise in sports, what Hurley has done for our program, from being a shell of itself to the premier program in college basketball, is nothing short of remarkable, he deserves all the time he needs to make a decision on a career and life-altering choice for not only him but his family, cmon y’all
Exactly, if he leaves we just won 2 national champs in a row! We will be fine, history has shown we’ve been in much dire straights and have come out of it okay. I still hold out hope he stays but no sense on worrying about something you can’t control, m
Magic Johnson on Jimmy Kimmel last night praised DH and said he and the Lakers want him.
borderline desperate, I don’t know whether he should be flattered or view all this as a red flag. It seems almost too good to be true. Obviously this is putting external pressure on him to leave as well.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s LeBron and AD, exactly. So why take that job? What have they accomplished together and yeah let me go coach a couple guys who take days off when they feel like it with a pinky sprain. And let’s add Bronny who dad will expect you to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Stay home Dan. This isn’t you at all.
I think Lebron is the type of player rookie coach like Hurley will benefit from. Lebron is very basketball smart. He talked in an interview about how stupid today's players are, saying that when a play is drawn up for the left side, and needs to be reversed to the right, NBA players are confused and unable to execute, saying they never practiced it to the right.

Just saying Mau to introduce and implement a new and complex system, which I believe will work in today's NBA. to have Lebron as your Captain and leader is a benefit. Beleive it or not Lebron is as equally demanding as Hurley and has the acumen to make Hurley better, while easing the transition.

Lebron is what Andre Jackson aspires to be as a team first player. If he gets Lebron James buy-in, which he already has, Lebron will be the translator and enforcer of the 'Hurley way'. Lebron knows Hurley can return Lakers to the pinnacle and his time is short. As for load management on a smaller level he's done that with nagging injuries (e.g. Clingan, Hawkins, Castle, etc..).

(Mau I'm just trying hard to prepare myself for the inevitable)

Reaction Score
Yes he will, 90% of the fanbase will be supporting what is a perfectly logical and acceptable choice. You're in the deep minority with your vindictiveness
I hope that you're right. I'd hate to see a meltdown. I will wish him the best. I'm with you and I sincerely hope we maintain some integrity even on this faceless open forum.

Reaction Score
IMG_3790.jpeg

Reaction Score
Is Andrea on the flight too? If she isn't DH will listen, express how flattered he is, and say "No thank you."

Reaction Score
I'm a Providence fan but I hope Hurley stays, because it's good for the Big East (and I never watch the NBA). I remember he went through the whole gamut when deciding to leave URI for Connecticut, so it wouldn't shock me if he turned down the Lakers.

If he does leave, I think it would be a mistake to hire Young or Murray just to keep recruits. If the administration is convinced that one of them is the best for the long-term, fine, but otherwise it would be a mistake.

Reaction Score
Obviously everything that is happening could be a lead up to him leaving but on the other hand, going through this whole process and coming out the other end still at UConn could be one hell of a recruiting tool. “Hey, look how bad the Lakers wanted me and I turned down all that to be here. Come here and be coached by a staff that the LA Freakin Lakers desperately wanted.”

The timing of this whole thing seems off. What better time to do this public courting process than when players are already on campus and can’t be poached?

Reaction Score
Questions about the Hurley family and the coaching staff. Bob Sr. and his wife are at virtually all of the home games. Do they have a house or condo in Storrs? They certainly don’t drive up from Jersey every time. So they would move to LA too?
Luke, Kimani and Tom have good assistant coach deals. Is it likely they would all go?
Would Hurley be getting them massive deals too? They are not NBA coaches. It would seem crazy to think the Lakers would have a coaching staff of 0 experience NBA coaches.
I love Danny but even though he owes this university nothing, he does owe the players he just recruited something. These kids just had a big splash getting onto campus to play for the best program in the country. He assembles the team and says to them what?
” This great UConn culture that I have preached and sold to you as a reason to come and play here is great but LA just threw an obscene amount of money at me, and even though I’ve been getting by on 5 million a year and am worth 15 million I have to go.” ?
Unless Danny has a succession and RETENTION plan for the team that doesn’t cause it to implode, I Can’t see him doing it. But I’m often wrong about things.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed to share this, but, I kinda like some of you.

This morning, I woke up crying.
I almost did too. That’s the difference between college fandom and pro sports. The Laker fans will never love you like we do. Their success isn’t the same feeling of joy as ours. College fandom is a community. Pro sport is corporate. I’m a Celtics fan and basically I couldn’t care less about last night because of the Hurley news.

Reaction Score
I'm a Providence fan but I hope Hurley stays, because it's good for the Big East (and I never watch the NBA). I remember he went through the whole gamut when deciding to leave URI for Connecticut, so it wouldn't shock me if he turned down the Lakers.

If he does leave, I think it would be a mistake to hire Young or Murray just to keep recruits. If the administration is convinced that one of them is the best for the long-term, fine, but otherwise it would be a mistake.
C’mon … appreciate your opinion but they wouldn’t be hired to keep recruits from leaving, they would be hired because they are two of the best coaches in the country.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s LeBron and AD, exactly. So why take that job? What have they accomplished together and yeah let me go coach a couple guys who take days off when they feel like it with a pinky sprain. And let’s add Bronny who dad will expect you to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

One thing Dan should tell the Lakers owners is that if he has to draft Bronny, he's not taking the job. I know it's just pick 56, but still. I really hope some other team takes him earlier than that.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm glad the school put an offer on the table before he flew out there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Andrea on the flight too? If she isn't DH will listen, express how flattered he is, and say "No thank you."
Yes, she's going. It's been reported. She's meeting with some different people. Cue the house hunting reports at some stage.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I love your last point. That’s my biggest hang up and what angers me. The timing of this can’t be worse. How do you walk away from a top 3 team and have kids come back/pull out of draft and leave them high and dry in June. That’s the most unlike Dan Hurley thing ever. Not once did I think he would entertain Kentucky. I am worried here, not just for him leaving, but what the next 30 days might look like. We will see poaching like never before.
When would the right time be?

Reaction Score
I get the money and the Lakers being the basketball brand. I just have a hard time seeing him out there. If he takes it, he takes it and I won't hold any grudges or be completely flummoxed by the decision. But to me, I just don't get the fit. It's a celebrity dominated city, the team is run by LeBron and the stars. It's tinsel town. It's a fake ass town full of fake ass people and it's all a mirage. I think it'd drive him crazy. Knicks, Nets, Celtics? 100% get it. If I saw that headline yesterday, I'd say.. "Yea, that makes sense."

Reaction Score

They do have the Big 3 with Fletch. Imagine what Hurley’s coaching can do for his all around game.
IMG_1193.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Kind of thinking about hiring Kim English;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom