Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 51 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
make Hurley the highest paid coach in the sport and bump up Luke, Kimani, and Toms contract significantly. They earned it and they arent slowing down. CMON AD DAVE!!!

Reaction Score
I thought so too. But this one just feels different. When Reggie Miller, Magic, Jason Kidd are all saying this is a slam dunk hire, I think it may be hard to stay grounded. NBA hall of famers are acting like he's the chosen one.
Definitely. Feels like it could go either way. Arguments for staying and leaving are strong.

Reaction Score
They will be headed west if Hurley goes
This I'm unsure of.
The head coach of the 2 could would make more at uconn
Would head a blue blood
And could be an instant legend if they have success.

They would be replacing Dan Hurley. If we don't think head coach at uconn is a high profile position then how can we expect dan to consider it one.

Reaction Score
A lot of people saying this but I think Hurley owes a lot to UConn. His other offer out of URI was Pitt and if he uses the UConn job as a springboard for an NBA job, he owes everything to uconn.
No he doesn’t. But the timing is awful and it really can set UConn back.

Reaction Score
It definitely seems like the demands of the UConn job are wearing on him, or at least he’s playing it up a little.

Reaction Score
First thought..

More for Hurley than anything - don’t take a Lakers job. It’s a terrible job. They threw their championship coach under the bus - they throw all of their coaches under the bus.

Lebron loved Hurley right now, and people have this all wrong. Yeah, he’s friends with JJ, but Lebron has been low key hinting at his love for Hurley for months.

They’re lying. They aren’t planning for Hurley long term, they’re making a pitch for Lebron - and the second Lebron or AD doesn’t want him, he’s out.

Second, obviously I want Hurley to stay, and I think he’s got a real shot at becoming a GOAT in college. I won’t blame him for going to the NBA when he chooses to, even if it’s now, but there are better jobs than the Lakers.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Do you want to start a new career at 55? I dont. Im inching up on 50 and i have the classic fantasies of being retired at 55. I know coaches often coach until they die, but i really dont think thats DH.
Do I? No I don’t, but Hurley has been saying to every microphone he’s at lately that he’s happy at UConn but could see himself wanting the challenge of the NBA before he hangs it all up. Is right now coming off 2 nattys “before he hangs it up”?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
One thing I'm definitely sure of is that I'm really fugkin tired of ESPN and Fox spouting off about us not being in a Power conference when it is directly 100% their decision to keep us out. Get bent
The most ridiculous thing ever was when we were up for the Big 12 last year people talking about the massive subsidy we had to support football and men’s basketball and it’s like… yeah. We don’t have a power conference affiliation TV deal to run all of this off of. Were playing baseball on freakin FloSports lmao

Reaction Score
I think Hurley told Karaban if you’re not going in the first round come back(as he’s stated) Karaban has said as much. In multiple interviews he said “Coach thought this is what was best for me”. I think Hurley saying that carried a lot of weight for Alex.

I don’t think he didn’t give Karaban advice. Thats silly.

I don’t think he gives Karaban advice to come back without telling him he might not be there.

I’m choosing to believe he’s staying because of this. The alternative doesn’t fit him imo.
I really really really hope that you’re right about this.

Reaction Score
Do I? No I don’t, but Hurley has been saying to every microphone he’s at lately that he’s happy at UConn but could see himself wanting the challenge of the NBA before he hangs it all up. Is right now coming off 2 nattys “before he hangs it up”?
Thats my point. I wouldnt want to wait if i had serious desires to be an nba coach.

Reaction Score
Maybe not. Kimani and Luke could keep this thing going. Maybe they don’t want to go to the NBA. UConn is a great college job.
I’d bet we keep only one of them in that scenario. Probably Kimani. He’s the recruiter. I bet Hurley considers Luke a must as he’s the offensive guru. You don’t need to recruit in the NBA.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Rolling with a Honey Jack and lemonade. Or two.

Deep down, I feel Danny stays. The whole culture building mantra we have been eating up. It's too real. UConn knows he is needed badly.

Reaction Score
Maybe not. Kimani and Luke could keep this thing going. Maybe they don’t want to go to the NBA. UConn is a great college job.
lol. Tell that to Dan. If Kimani and Luke go, it will be such a “ ” to the kid who came back from the draft, the high level recruits that stayed and even higher recruits that committed.

Reaction Score

This...if he turns down Kentucky and the LA Lakers job in a matter of 8 weeks, that kind of cache he will have in basketball (college or Pros) as a coach, with players, coaches, agents, etc. will be unmatched. Especially if he keeps UConn in contention for championships on a year in and year out basis. It is all fascinating how this will play out...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd love for this to be right but other than the travel I'm not sure the NBA is remotely the grind that college basketball in its current iteration is.
Double the games but I feel like it's more 9-5.

Reaction Score
I’d bet we keep only one of them in that scenario. Probably Kimani. He’s the recruiter. I bet Hurley considers Luke a must as he’s the offensive guru. You don’t need to recruit in the NBA.

College guru not NBA. Totally different style.

awy

Reaction Score
hoping for a kevin young arrangement with luke. at least remote consulting? :D

think about it on the upside. offer luke the HC job since his outside options are stronger. there is a high chance he takes the position because Hurley would not want to trap his guys as assistants. Luke will have the branding of greatest basketball brain, designing the offense for lebron james, the nba goat, while still running the development system and having the culture. that would be an extremely strong recruiting pitch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can someone explain why the NBA job is easier than UConn? On the surface the Lakers job seems much more demanding. I get recruiting can be difficult but has recruiting ever been easier for UConn and DH than it is right now? Per Dan Hurley our roster has never been deeper than it is right now. Much of our recent success is because of the portal. Karaban is not coming back without NIL.

If UConn is burning him out then God help him in the NBA.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom