Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I lived in Brentwood for 3 years and had to sleep on the street one night when i locked myself out of my place at 3am.
It was one of the more restful sleeps of my life. The raccoons shared a banana with me.
I lived in Storrs for 4+ years and a visiting friend spent the night sleeping next to the walkway on Hilltop because he was too drunk to remember which dorm we were in. He had no complaints.

Reaction Score
Im not 100% sure about this, but ive always been under the impression nba coaching is a bit less life-consuming than college. The portal has undoubtedly increased the demand on the coaches lives.

I could see DH considering the move simply because coaching may become more of a job. Not an all-consuming way of life.
I don’t think he’s there yet, I think this is the pitch perfect job offer for Dan Hurley 5 years from now, and that’s the only thing that could save us right now. He just said the other day that as long as he can continue finding old school players who want to bust their asses for him, he’ll be at UConn and we wont have to worry about the NBA. I think Hurley wants the pressure that comes with college and he wants to cement his legacy as a NCAA coaching legend, and if he leaves this abruptly his star fades away unless he wins multiple nba rings in the next 5 years.

I think Hurley wants to dominate at UConn for the next 5-8 years, stack a couple more nattys and then get the challenge of the NBA as he finishes his career

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s there yet, I think this is the pitch perfect job offer for Dan Hurley 5 years from now, and that’s the only thing that could save us right now. He just said the other day that as long as he can continue finding old school players who want to bust their asses for him, he’ll be at UConn and we wont have to worry about the NBA. I think Hurley wants the pressure that comes with college and he wants to cement his legacy as a NCAA coaching legend, and if he leaves this abruptly his star fades away unless he wins multiple nba rings in the next 5 years.

I think Hurley wants to dominate at UConn for the next 5-8 years, stack a couple more nattys and then get the challenge of the NBA as he finishes his career
I disagree. Do you want to start a new career at 55? I dont. Im inching up on 50 and i have the classic fantasies of being retired at 55. I know coaches often coach until they die, but i really dont think thats DH.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Do you want to start a new career at 55? I dont. Im inching up on 50 and i have the classic fantasies of being retired at 55. I know coaches often coach until they die, but i really dont think thats DH.

Except it isn't a new career. He'll have to tone down his style and then coach adults in the NBA.

It actually makes sense. The only question is can Danny tone down his approach.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Nothing we can do. Hurley owes Nothing to Uconn. It sucks if he leaves, but we all know at some point he will break our hearts. Hope he decides to stay, but life moves on.
A lot of people saying this but I think Hurley owes a lot to UConn. His other offer out of URI was Pitt and if he uses the UConn job as a springboard for an NBA job, he owes everything to uconn.

Reaction Score
Except it isn't a new career. He'll have to tone down his style and then coach adults in the NBA.

It actually makes sense. The only question is can Danny tone down his approach.
Its close enough to a new career. Do you want to start it now or 55-56. Theres definitely an argument to start it now vs 5 years from now.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

IMG_7680.jpeg

IMG_7681.jpeg

Reaction Score

Probably wishful thinking but their theory makes a lot more sense to me than:
—doing interviews saying any move to the NBA would be years down the line
—building a team over the last 2 months that’s a favorite to 3 peat
—karaban coming back
—tossing the 3 peat sign in Newark 5 days ago
….and then taking the lakers job out of nowhere

Reaction Score
He needs the offer in hand to rework his current contract, and LA isn't giving him that offer without him first flying out to get the Hollywood experience.

Call me skeptical that this a negotiating ploy. He already makes a lot of money. Yes you want to be fairly compensated but I can’t see him haggling just to go from very very rich to very very very rich.

The chance to lead one of the premiere teams in all of sports is the enticement. And yes $10-15 M per year for 6-7 years doesn’t hurt.

Reaction Score
Why wouldnt it be? Hes suggested mutliple times he would use competing offers to strengthen his bargaining with UCONN.
I thought so too. But this one just feels different. When Reggie Miller, Magic, Jason Kidd are all saying this is a slam dunk hire, I think it may be hard to stay grounded.
I'm not sure he's taking it but I can't see the la lakers ever being used as a chess piece.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom