Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
The Bronny discourse from Woj is hilarious. Last I checked the lakers haven’t drafted him yet.

Even mentioning a 2nd round pick who will be out of the league as soon as his dad retires should make you wonder about what angle this story is coming from

Reaction Score
He’s gone guys. Put me in the camp that wants to immediately promote Kimani and Luke. They’re the main recruiters and masterminds of the offense. Plus they’d keep most of, if not all, of the current roster together.

Reaction Score
I really don't get the wife's obsession with being near jersey. I get that maybe that's where family is and all, but if they offer Hurley $15 or more million per year, you can cry about missing jersey in your enormous 10k sq ft mansion in the Hollywood Hills and hop on a private jet back to Newark whenever you miss the smell.
Because what can you do with $15m that you can't with $8m? And does $7m extra really make it easier to see and be around your family, if that's one of the things that brings you happiness?

If Hurley leaves it's not going to be because of the money. It's going to be because it's the Lakers

Reaction Score
Check out this story from Fox Sports
A source tells FOX Sports that Hurley is "truly at a 50-50" in weighing his decision whether to make the leap up for LeBron James and the Lakers or stay in the college game and try to achieve something unthinkable in the modern era.

Well let's hope he takes his own advice. The advice he gave Karaban.

"If it's a hard decision, you're torn on something, you stay put."

Reaction Score
Really, you don’t get it at all? Did you hear what was said. No one has an issue with his success
So what do you think happened? Geno said that and Hurley called his agent and told him to get on the phone with the Lakers? Please.

Reaction Score
I’m no expert, but isn’t Riley originally from western Pennsylvania? Mazzulla from WV?

More to the point, I think ”fiery, borderline crazy, type A plus” being an issue was really what he was trying to say.
Riley's from Schenectady, and talks like a cult leader:

Mazzulla is from Rhode Island, and "that's our psycho" is a running gag in the Celtics fanbase any time he gives a quote:

Reddit - Dive into anything

Reaction Score
No I don’t. I could be wrong but what does better mean? Better than the Lakers?

He has said he would be interested in the NBA but he has also said that he likes being in complete control. He’s not getting that in the NBA and even if he did it would be like being a college coach anyway. As time marches on and if he continues to have success I just think going to the NBA becomes less attractive. He would be older and hopefully in a position to have a Wooden like legacy in the college game. It will just get harder to walk away and that’s why I think if he wants to take his shot it will be now.
You may have a point about a three peat. He would only be a year older and could credibly claim to have conquered college basketball and move on. What job might be available? Would he get control? A lot of ifs. I just think if he wants to make the move this is it. The longer he stays the more likely we are to keep him baring the three peat mic drop.

Reaction Score
If Hurley doesn't want to be here than let him flame out in the NBA which will most certainly happen. He is not an NBA coach. Nothing wrong with that. Just hope a there is a rapid succession plan. Young and Murray need to be on this team. I would immediately be reaching out to Jay Wright as well. Goal at this point to keep the roster intact.

Reaction Score
So what do you think happened? Geno said that and Hurley called his agent and told him to get on the phone with the Lakers? Please.
Ya please what. Not close to what I said or even the point. Not that complicated

Reaction Score
Other scenario is if Danny makes huge financial demands from AD Benedict. Like, extortion. I can't see him traipsing all over the country for games, can you?

Reaction Score
Hurley has said that the NBA stuff is in the distant future if he ever jumps. So much for that. That is the only reason I would be a little annoyed while also being very grateful. Thought we didn't have to worry for a few more years, especially after Kentucky situation. Hope he stays. Was really looking forward to this season.

Reaction Score
The Lakers are not the team they used to be. They're like the UCLA of the NBA
Um, they have won 6 titles this century. Boston is the obvious UCLA comparison, but then you have this year so even that is a stretch.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Karaban came back because of Hurley being able to develop him into a first round pick. If he knew Hurley was about to bolt to the NBA, he probably would have stayed in the draft and taken his chances. He must feel slightly ticked off…
The people who think Hurley didn’t use the word “we” when talking to Alex about next season are insane.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
DH has stated a desire to coach in the NBA at some point so he eventually going to make the move. The Lakers offer (years and salary) is insanely good. Lastly, we can't underrate how much NIL, portal, etc. has changed the college sports landscape and how much Hurley detests it.

Reaction Score
DH has stated a desire to coach in the NBA at some point so he eventually going to make the move. The Lakers offer (years and salary) is insanely good. Lastly, we can't underrate how much NIL, portal, etc. has changed the college sports landscape and how much Hurley detests it.

You mean the same portaling that actually won him both titles?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
DH has stated a desire to coach in the NBA at some point so he eventually going to make the move. The Lakers offer (years and salary) is insanely good. Lastly, we can't underrate how much NIL, portal, etc. has changed the college sports landscape and how much Hurley benefited from it.

FIFY

Half-serious; I think it's fair to say he has a love-hate relationship with the portal.

Reaction Score
I would probably say this any offseason but I was really looking forward to watching the current group of players he's assembled come together and morph into another buzzsaw over the next two seasons. It really does seem like he has "the formula" down on roster construction in the current era of college basketball. For that reason, I selfishly hope he stays but he's also only 16 months removed from thinking he might lose his job. I hope he stays at least another year or two to enjoy being at the top of the mountain after what they've accomplished.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothWilly

Top Bottom