Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
From the Athletic: Geno & Coach Hurley were chopping it up and the Lakers came up: Here's Geno

UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma, appearing on “The Dan Patrick Show” on Thursday, said he was with Hurley on Wednesday night and randomly brought up the Lakers’ head-coaching vacancy.

“I have no idea where this is going or what’s happening, but I just leaned over and I said, ‘I think you could win a lot of championships with the Lakers, more so than a guy who’s never coached,’” Auriemma said.

Auriemma said Hurley “just looked at me and nodded.”

“It’d be a bad day for UConn if this happens and it’d be a great, great day for Dan Hurley,” he said, adding Hurley is “crazy if he doesn’t take it.”

Reaction Score
If Hurleys gone I don’t see the roster staying intact, especially in this era, regardless of who they hire.

I can’t imagine the players will be happy feeling like the rug was pulled out from under them after they decided to come/stay.
: (

The news this morning hit like a freight train. In the back of my mind, I was always concerned going through what the Villanova fans are going through post-Jay Wright.

back2BE4us

The Carpenter will carpent.
Reaction Score
1000026456.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think Hurley was that involved in Karaban's decision. He's said plenty of times he's not going to try and sway a kid in any direction. After the season he said Alex should leave if he's going in the 1st round and come back if he wasn't. He wasn't projected as a 1st rounder, so he came back
Agree. The talk that somehow Karaban is getting done dirty by this is a reach. If in the unlikely event that Karaban only came back, to be coached by Hurley, and things changed, he can enter the portal, and will have his choice of many desirable situations.

Reaction Score
Don't fall for that...you need an HC...not one of the guys that sat next to one.
-URI

I agree, quickly explore all options. Hiring someone who has never been a head coach should be the fall back move

Reaction Score
If he leaves he looks like a snake. Getting AK to come back. The new recruits. Saying all the things he said about going for 3 peat. There are a million quotes.

The new players just showed up and now their heads are spinning.

This totally wrecks team continuity and all the things Hurley preaches.

AND if he takes the job he’ll be coaching a NE college team in 3 years..

Not a LA guy.. Not a pro coach. Just a shiny toy for Lebron and the Lakers

Reaction Score
Man. Woke up today in a great mood- a few more days of teaching, then schools out for summer, got the fellas coming tonight for game 1 of nba finals. Ordering J Tims wings and now gonna need to have a few extra drinks. This news is killing my start to summer. Hope he doesn’t do it. Can’t see him leaving our kids in a lurch like this.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
In the video he also says they had a laugh over the comment about winning more titles with the Lakers than someone who has never coached, which this conveniently leaves out.

Everyone is going to say he would be crazy to turn down a 50-100% raise to go coach the Lakers. He was probably crazy to turn down a huge raise to go to Kentucky by the same logic. It's going to come down to if he thinks the Lakers is his perfect NBA job he has alluded to wanting. He may well not want to walk into 2 years of most likely failure with a 41 year old Lebron and then an uncertain future in a rebuild after that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I agree, quickly explore all options. Hiring someone who has never been a head coach should be the fall back move

Stability is important right now and that requires the players to stay. If that means a year with one of them, so be it. Also, Moore has coached before

Reaction Score
: (

The news this morning hit like a freight train. In the back of my mind, I was always concerned going through what the Villanova fans are going through post-Jay Wright.
It is what it is. This is the downside of having the hottest coach in the sport. Hopefully he stays (though I’d be surprised) but if not at least we have more positive press and momentum than ever heading into the future.

Color me grateful

Reaction Score
This will surely be the fastest thread to 1000 replies ever.

God help us
Yup. These next few days are going to be tough for us UConn fans. All the other college basketball fanbases are rejoicing at the thought of Hurley leaving. They know UConn with Hurley is such a big obstacle they would rather not compete with.

Reaction Score
Door is open for UConn to further shake the donor tree. The publicity and the fact that a decision will take time tells me Hurley is giving us a chance to close the gap, and the Laker news is a credible catalyst to shake the tree.

Reaction Score
Agree. The talk that somehow Karaban is getting done dirty by this is a reach. If in the unlikely event that Karaban only came back, to be coached by Hurley, and things changed, he can enter the portal, and will have his choice of many desirable situations.
You like many others are missing the point.

It wasnt college or nba for AK.

It was UConn or NBA. I’m of the belief if Hurley told AK he might not be back he stays in the draft.

It doesn’t mean he “did him dirty”.

It is outside of his character though.

He’s billed as an honest guy. I’d like to believe he’s either staying or AK has known this could be a possibility. And took the bet on Hurley staying

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCjungle

Top Bottom