Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
The timing makes it all 10x worse. How would we even fill out our roster? We’d be back in the basement
that's what I was thinking. hurley respects the school. do we really think he would destroy everything for his own gain? something to consider

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That would be like ripping our entrails out, then stomping all over them, lighting them on fire, then stuffing them back inside.
I don't even think we'd get the courtesy of having them stuffed back in. They would just be lying out there like gas station barbecue.

Reaction Score
The one saving grace I’m holding on to is there is no way Hurley convinced Karaban to come back while talking with the Lakers. That seems outside of his character
that's what I was saying on discord. doesn't feel right.

awy

Reaction Score
AK said hurley didn't really talk to him that much during the process. He did get paid a lot to come back so he should be fine.

Reaction Score
The assumption that Hurley "convinced" Karaban to come back and somehow lied to him is odd. We have a stack of NIL that was promised to him, with or without the coach. He came back for that, and because he wasn't going in the first round.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The assumption that Hurley "convinced" Karaban to come back and somehow lied to him is odd. We have a stack of NIL that was promised to him, with or without the coach. He came back for that, and because he wasn't going in the first round.
It’s not an assumption. Karaban said that Hurley thought it was the best decision for him. If you think part of his reasoning for coming back wasn’t to be coached by Hurley you’re out of your mind

Reaction Score
Sincerely doubt AD David Benedict has not had contract conversation with Hurley and his agent. Perhaps they have not gotten to the point of sending out an official offer but no way they haven't talked numbers. Also, as an FYI, they didn't announce last year's extension till June 22nd, so it ain't something new or harbinger of bad news that he hadn't signed the new one.

Reaction Score
The timing makes it all 10x worse. How would we even fill out our roster? We’d be back in the basement

I don't begrudge Hurley exploring the Lakers, and won't begrudge him if he goes.

But the state of the roster COULD be horrendous if Hurley leaves and takes Kimani and/or Luke with him.

I'm not naming any names, obviously. But there has gotta be a very real possibility under this scenario that this year's 24-25 roster will be decimated with transfers out, with no real means at this late date to add anyone impactful. We're talking lower half of the BE and missing the NIT bad.

Not saying that's going to happen, but the fact that it is now within the realm of possibility is disheartening.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It’s not an assumption. Karaban said that Hurley thought it was the best decision for him. If you think part of his reasoning for coming back wasn’t to be coached by Hurley you’re out of your mind

Of course he came back, in part, to be coached by Hurley. But at the end of the day, he wasn't going in the draft where he needed to be so he took the $. It's either go to UConn or find another coach to play for--which he will have ample opportunity to do if Hurley leaves.

There is no conspiracy here, Ant.

Reaction Score
Lol, you don't think that Hurley wasn't in contact with the Lakers prior to that off the cuff comment, right? I mean Hurley didn't just go "Golly, Geno's right!" After last night's roadshow, reach out to the Lakers, and be in an in-depth negotiation with with them this morning, right?

Don’t care.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom