Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Out of all the NBA teams... ..

Animated GIF

Reaction Score
He has to listen because I think this is his shot. If he doesn’t take it I think we have him for good. There will be no better opportunity for him down the line.

As the wins pile up and hopefully championships at UConn how could he walk away in the future? I have no idea what he will choose but I think if he turns this down it will cement in his head that he was meant to do what he’s doing just like his Dad understood where he belonged.

That’s for Danny to decide obviously but I think he was meant for the college game. I think he will come to realize that by going through this process and make the right decision for himself and his family whatever that may be but if he stays I think we keep him for life.
So you’re saying if he stays another year and wins a third title there won’t be a better opportunity for him in NBA?

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine Andrea being happy in LA, or Hurley being happy coaching those Prima Donnas. But, if the bag is big enough - and let’s not fool ourselves, this is the lakers - this could be bad.
Actually, I watch a lot of NBA basketball talk shows, and they talk about the Laker coach search incessantly. One of the things they mentioned is that it is not one of the better paid NBA coaching jobs. Don't know how true that is, as I don't really follow coach salaries, but it could be, as Jeannie Buss isn't nearly as rich as some of the other owners, and I'm sure they are arrogant enough to consider that coaching for the Lakers is such a plum job that they can get people for less than other teams.

Reaction Score
No.
LeBron is and has always been the hardest player to coach in the NBA bar none. Only Spoelstra survived and flourished both with and without LeBron.

LeBron coach killer player history:
Cleveland I: Paul Silas, Brendan Malone, Mike Brown - All FIRED
Heat: Spoelstra
Cleveland II: David Blatt (prob most similar to Hurley), Ty Lue (fired 6 games AFTER LeBron left, 0-6 season start)
Lakers: Luke Walton, Frank Vogel, Darvin Ham - All FIRED

That's 7 coaching scalps, 1 survivor and 1 let's say amicable separation.
Don't forget, Lebron tried to get Spoelstra fired, but Pat Riley said "no" and that "I am running the team". I believe it was Chris Broussard that stated this somewhere.

awy

Reaction Score
I don’t like what I am seeing. ESPN has ran two cover stories about this, it just doesn’t make sense to do that then have it not happen.
I think it'll prob happen but this in itself doesn't mean anything. woj bomb on this subject of lebron's coach will always generate top headlines.

anyway make no mistake this is lebron's pick as coach.

Reaction Score
I get the money may be crazy and impossible to compete with, LA, Hollywood, etc. But I am not sure how his fiery/borderline crazy persona will fit with NBA players. He is an East Coast type A plus guy. Of course the money could be too much to turn down. He probably has a number to stay and a number to leave.
Michael Malone won last year's title. Joe Mazzulla won 64 games this year and has his team in the finals. Rick Carlisle got his team to the final of the inaugural IST and the East finals. Tom Thibodeau led the Knicks to their best season in 25 years. Pat Riley remains one of the most successful and influential execs in the league.

Of all the nonsense takes in this thread, "east coast type A personalities don't work in the NBA" might win first prize. Well done.

Reaction Score
I think it’s a bad move going to that team, presently constructed.

But it’s just my opinion. I wish him well and HOPE he is as successful in the NBA as he was for UConn.
Wish I could say this but I hate the Lakers. East Coast baby!!

Reaction Score
Waiting for Hurley?
I could see an angle where these discussions have been going on longer than we think and that the Lakers have leaked the story to push up the timeline.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
UConn needs to call Knicks & get a succession plan set up. Ultimate coaching NIL.

Danny can coach UConn for as long as he wants. He can take over Knicks anytime after '25-'26 (think Billy Martin/Yankees).

Luke Murray annointed as crown prince.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma can take a long walk off a short pier for what he said on Dan Patrick.

He’s officially dead to me. I may never watch another millisecond of women’s basketball.
Can’t look for it now. What did he say?

Reaction Score
That would be like ripping our entrails out, then stomping all over them, lighting them on fire, then stuffing them back inside.
I am already in shambles at the possibility of just hurley leaving. but to have the staff leave. It'll take months for me to recover

Reaction Score
Interesting how 'basketball' people perceive the Lakers. I view them as a 'has been' like UCLA and Indiana in ncaa. Not irrelevant but far far removed from the top of the heap. I've read post downplaying the Knicks but I don't think the Lakers is much different. I would think you would need to have a clear vision of a winning roster virtually immediately in order to take the job, because NBA honeymoons aren't long.
Lmaoo c'mon man. The Lakers have won 6 titles in the 21st century. They have won 11 titles since the Knicks last won one. Heck, the Lakers have been to the finals more times this century than the Knicks have in their whole existence.

Reaction Score
The timing makes it all 10x worse. How would we even fill out our roster? We’d be back in the basement
My UConn bets for the coming season don't look too good at the moment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma can take a long walk off a short pier for what he said on Dan Patrick.

He’s officially dead to me. I may never watch another millisecond of women’s basketball.
Lol, you don't think that Hurley wasn't in contact with the Lakers prior to that off the cuff comment, right? I mean Hurley didn't just go "Golly, Geno's right!" After last night's roadshow, reach out to the Lakers, and be in an in-depth negotiation with with them this morning, right?

Reaction Score
Is this a real message? I honestly can comprehend how unserious this board is. Winning at uconn and creating a legacy here is amazing. But this so different. The Lakers are the most storied franchise in BASKETBALL. If he wins on the Lakers he cements his legacy at the pinnacle of the sport. Hurley is absolutely thinking about this during his move. It’s not just a money move, it’s a legacy move.

He's more set up to fail at the Lakers than at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom