Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Or you do it because you really don't know what you're going to decide but you think informing the team is the right thing to do.

"Yes the Lakers reached out and im having a conversation with them. It's what any of you should do when it comes to your professional life. If someone offers you an opportunity at least hear them out. Now let's get to practice"

You seem to think I was talking about what was said in practice. I was talking about the decision to leak to Woj (assuming it came the from Hurley camp). I already said that he needed to tell the players.

Reaction Score
i mean he could just leave next year. get the people talking about it, win 3 in a row, and hand off the reins to the next guy up. it's not like the lakers will find someone special this year.
I'm hoping he follows in his dad's footsteps and decides to stay the big fish in the small pond versus going to the huge pond and trying to become big fish. But if he decides to bolt to Hollywood, I can't really blame him either.

Reaction Score
Keep this freakin' fool out of this.
IMG_8525.jpeg

Reaction Score
We'll get a nice recruiting bump after Dan turns down a massive Lakers offer.
This stuff happened to Wright all the time. Including reports of a from the lakers a week or so ago. Wright isnt up for leaving Naples or Avalon NJ for the NBA grind. He never contemplated Sixers, kentucky, Lakers, etc because he was happy. He always said Dont mess with HAPPY.

Maybe, despite College sports being a disaster, Hurley is happy…. Maybe he wont mess with Happy

Reaction Score
Reading between the tea leaves of Fanta's quote. He is leaving for the Lakers. Hopefully the team doesn't transfer out.

Reaction Score
I think if Hurley leaves Luke or Kimani needs to be named head coach immediately. Unless Self or Few is coming here I think one of our assistants has the best chance of keeping most of the team intact. They still have a chance for a 3peat and to make history.
Fwiw: I don’t think this is a done deal yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You seem to think I was talking about what was said in practice. I was talking about the decision to leak to Woj (assuming it came the from Hurley camp). I already said that he needed to tell the players.
My bad. I misread the original quoted post

I don't think the woj leak came from the Hurley family. Maybe his agent. I'm sure the dude would love to have his salary doubled.

Reaction Score
There are a thousand posts here, so not sure if this was shared earlier. Didn't Lebron and Donyell go to a Uconn game together and Lebron said "how could you have played for a guy like that" - this was in reference to Calhoun.

Now he wants to play for a similar fiery guy? It wont end well.

Reaction Score
I think if Hurley leaves Luke or Kimani needs to be named head coach immediately. Unless Self or Few is coming here I think one of our assistants has the best chance of keeping most of the team intact. They still have a chance for a 3peat and to make history.
people came for hurley though. I would expect some portal impacts and '25 recruiting to be bad

Reaction Score
people came for hurley though. I would expect some portal impacts and '25 recruiting to be bad
We would lose some guys for sure but I think if it were Luke we'd keep at least half the roster which would still be good news.

Reaction Score
Brendan Malone was an interim coach who was not fired. But yes not a good track record for his HC's.
Yeah, I was surprised to see Brendan Malone on the list. Even though interim I think it counts among LeBron's scalps as Papa Malone has never been a HC in the NBA since.

I.E... had LeBron endorsed Malone stays or gets another gig, instead negatives (missed playoffs) aren't LeBron's fault. In this case it wasn't LeBron's fault or the coach's, but neither is material to the coach killer point; namely if LeBron backs BM he's back the next year. Instead cannon fodder.

Reaction Score
The question is, does he want to continue coaching college basketball (and go for a three peat)? If so, UConn’s the place for him. If he’s done with the NIL era and 24/7 recruiting, he’ll get a huge payday and leave. But imo, the big NBA dollars will always be there for him, whenever he decides to move to the pros. If this were the Knicks job I’d say he’d definitely go. Imagine if he turned down both the lakers and UK to stay in storrs- the fact that’s even a possibility is insane.

Reaction Score
We would lose some guys for sure but I think if it were Luke we'd keep at least half the roster which would still be good news.
half the roster. that would be a disaster. dude I really hope this doesn't happen

Reaction Score
What on earth had Benedict been doing the past two months???

Hurley apparently said yesterday that the contract stuff was "complicated"

If he leaves and we don't get $20m from the Lakers because Benedict and the state couldn't figure it out, then my opinion of Benedict has gone fully into the toilet.

Reaction Score
I would agree that Luke and Kimani would be a great choice for continuity. Would they be a package deal with Dan? Who knows?

BTW you shouldn't even bring this up. If you even think about what could happen next if Danny leaves your posts get removed.

Didn't expect to see soft posters here

Reaction Score
Maybe, despite College sports being a disaster, Hurley is happy…. Maybe he wont mess with Happy

and it's not really a disaster for the teams at the top of the food chain, Hurley has mastered the current college landscape., he owns the space.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom