Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I imagine Dan will be the highest paid coach I college basketball soon
Right on the heels of Geno's 5 year extension. That 5 year timeline also makes more sense for Hurley's previous thoughts on coaching in the NBA.

Reaction Score
If he wants the NBA wait a year or two and go the the Knicks. Thibodeau is 66 year old and could retire or step away into a different role with the Knicks.
Even if Thibs steps down (or is fired), isn’t Dolan still there? Yeah, he’s been quiet lately, but will he continue to stay in the background and let Leon Rose lead the front office?

Reaction Score
LMAO what success? Getting bounced in the second rounds of the playoffs every year?

He has a .579 winning percentage in LAC despite Kawhi and PG missing a ton of games. Players love him.

Do you think he got an extension because LeBron made him as a head coach?

Reaction Score
I believe this was last night?

Yeah something just doesn’t seem right/ pass the sniff test. I could be wrong but my gut says he stays. But he also was extremely fond of URI before he left

Reaction Score
I’d be surprised if Hurley wasn’t transparent about this with Alex during the process. Alex loves UConn wants the 3peat but he was making the best decision for himself individually so he very well may have known this was a possibility and still came back. And as vomit inducing this is to think about, if Dan leaves, and Alex decides UConn isn’t the best fit anymore with the portal and nil he’s not stuck he’ll have other options

Reaction Score
They benched Westbrook before trading him, and Dlo/Reaves are offball shooters. Nothing has shown Lebron will ever not want the ball in his hands lol
It’s so clear none of you guys watch the NBA.
They benched Westbrook because he was ass. They wanted him to take the ball out of Brons hands so he could rest.

Pnr ball handler possessions on Lakers this season:

Dlo: 6.1 per game
Reaves: 5.2 per game
Bron: 4.4 per game.

Bron was 3rd on lakers on PnR ball handler possessions this season.

Reaction Score
LeBron James holding that much sway over a roster / organization should be enough to send a guy like Hurley in the opposite direction.

Money aint everything.

Agreed, he would be leaving the stability of UConn to join the circus. Good luck with that. I get the fantasy, but some things are better kept as a fantasy.

Reaction Score
This thread should be closed down because it’s toxic and until Hurley decides this it’s just idle gossip and speculation with a bit of truth thrown in. That’s not healthy for anyone and it contributes nothing. We will all have plenty of time to assemble at the bridge should it turn out to be true, and at that point I will try to talk you all down.

Reaction Score
If you want to feel a little bit better about the situation, go over to Storrs Central and listen to his media scrum after the coaches show from last night.. When talking about his new contract he said it was complicated, and taking longer than he would like.. but if listen to whole thing, he talks about how summer workouts just started, and how is excited to see this group.. IDK he would have to be a cold blooded SOB to go to the Lakers, after last night saying what he said...

Reaction Score
Mannnn I thought you were breaking some news here smh
Ha! Didn’t mean to get hopes up, but it’s not a done deal. We’ve heard this story before and people just gravitate to all this baloney.

1717687317779.jpeg

Reaction Score
Lol there will be no mark on his legacy. He doesn’t owe UConn anything.

Sorry, I am not one of these wish him luck people. If 5 years down the road after he decided to go that's another story, but not immediately after getting the program back to the top of the hill. The back to back championships are amazing and everything, but this is still fragile, we can fall right back to what we were 5 years ago in a heartbeat if he leaves, especially if recruits and players bail and coaches go with him. If he does leave now, it was never his dream job and about getting UConn back to prominence, it was about using UConn to get him there. And that's fine, but he wouldn't be the person I thought he was and we shouldn't be expected to be grateful for the brief thrill. Put me in the camp of don't let the door hit you on the way out, I can go right back to hating the name Hurley if need be. I would just as soon see him crash and burn if he leaves now.

Reaction Score
Seems to be a Donovan leaving type question. Stay at UCONN, go for threepeat and further cement being 21st century Wooden, OR take the big pay-off, prestige (he IS a media hound) and the new challenge of NBA. With DC, it was a no brainer that he left, as the generational type of $, and possibility of injury were factors.

With Danny, The NBA $ and job offers will surely be there in future if he passes on Lakers this yr (maybe not same bag, or team, but still...)

I think the NBA door will be open in future, should he pass. The Three-peat chance won't. He could always leave later (ala Billy Donovan). I think he stays, as going for a three-peat is a major challenge that he will always be second guessing, should he pass it up right now to draft Bronny in round 2. Kierkegaard said "Do it, or Do it now. Either way you will regret it".

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine Andrea being happy in LA, or Hurley being happy coaching those Prima Donnas. But, if the bag is big enough - and let’s not fool ourselves, this is the lakers - this could be bad.
I can think of over 100 million reasons she'd move there.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Storrs, Connecticut - I’m the captain now. #BringBobbyHome
College Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
He has a .579 winning percentage in LAC despite Kawhi and PG missing a ton of games. Players love him.

Do you think he got an extension because LeBron made him as a head coach?
If he didn't win that ring with lebron he would have been out of the league a long time ago. So yes he is coaching right now because of lebron.

Reaction Score
Probably not about straight up money, but rather what Hurley perfers to do in the day-to-day job routine.

The college coaching job has changed drastically in the last few years with NIL. Having to basically re-recruit your team every year, spending more and more time sucking up to the NIL donors, and more changes still to come with direct payments, possible additional conference realignement, and changes to the NCAA are all headwinds against him staying when he has other options.

My guess is he’s spoken at length to his buddy Billy Donovan about life as an NBA coach, and those discussions will be among important considerations in his decision.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Even if Thibs steps down (or is fired), isn’t Dolan still there? Yeah, he’s been quiet lately, but will he continue to stay in the background and let Leon Rose lead the front office?
Dolan has (for the time being) given Leon Rose fill autonomy over the Knicks. How long this lasts is anyone's guess.

I am a Knick fan and in all candor, this is the best they've been since before we (UConn) won our second title.

That said, one thing this current Knicks team is not is a team built for what DH ran here.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I am not one of these wish him luck people. If 5 years down the road after he decided to go that's another story, but not immediately after getting the program back to the top of the hill. The back to back championships are amazing and everything, but this is still fragile, we can fall right back to what we were 5 years ago in a heartbeat if he leaves, especially if recruits and players bail and coaches go with him. If he does leave now, it was never his dream job and about getting UConn back to prominence, it was about using UConn to get him there. And that's fine, but he wouldn't be the person I thought he was and we shouldn't be expected to be grateful for the brief thrill. Put me in the camp of don't let the door hit you on the way out, I can go right back to hating the name Hurley if need be. I would just as soon see him crash and burn if he leaves now.
Go touch grass

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom