Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 174 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
it's painful here. Think I'll just watch Twitter or X or whatever it is.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
IMO-From a UConn perspective this negotiation is complicated. It involves a newly constructed contract for the HC and additional contractual financial concessions for his coaching staff. An increase in NIL budget. DB has to find the money-whether private or public- to make the math work. Multiple parties and multiple discussions/meetings -including with Dan's agent. A lot of balls in the air prior to closure.

I believe Dan wants to do this the right way for himself and his organization. His decision affects many other people that he cares about. By moving his announcement/team meeting to 2.. I'm sure its allowing some if not all of these pieces to fall into place. I believe his silence has everything to do with being "coached" by his agent to not show his cards publicly until all of the above has been satisfied.

I'm generally a glass-half-full guy, but this is how I've been seeing things.

FWIW, being glass-half-full worked out when we hired DH, when he had trouble getting over the hump, and when we had a bunch of guys go into the portal.

I do think the logic and scant facts we know supports being optimistic, but in general, this is how I feel about worrying:

Reaction Score
Personally if I was on the team I'm not sure I'd want to walk into a party after my coach has been flirting with leaving his job. It seems a bit self-congratulatory. It's like an owner of a business throwing a party when he sells it off to a private equity firm and no one at the party has equity.
Of course the flip side to that coin is… coach rejects massive deal from the Lebrons, I mean Lakers, to chase 3peat and coach YOU.
You think that might get the boys fired up?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
For the record, my post was in the original thread, and I assume an administrator moved it to its own thread. It was not my intent to start a whole new thread. I know how important it is to go for the all-time post count record. :)
Thank you for understanding the greater purpose in all this.

Reaction Score
In a setup like this, how can it be anything other than he's leaving?

He's leaving. I'll be very surprised if he stayed.

If he had made the decision to stay, news would've leaked this morning that he had turned the Lakers down.

Instead we have the news held up to talk to the players.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree it doesn’t look good for Hurley staying. That being said, if Kimani, Luke, and even eelJim Calhoun can rally the team we’ll be OK.
I agree too. Too much cloak and dagger. Maybe it's a defense mechanism but I feel a gut punch coming.

Reaction Score
In a setup like this, how can it be anything other than he's leaving?

He's leaving. I'll be very surprised if he stayed.

If he had made the decision to stay, news would've leaked this morning that he had turned the Lakers down.

Instead we have the news held up to talk to the players.
That's how I feel too. Only caveat is a new contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyAlum

Top Bottom