Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 172 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I'm gonna bring it up again:
Remember he said "if you're unsure then don't go" to Alex.
DHclearly was torn. We know that now.
How would you feel if you were AK, you used that advice to return and then saw your coach ignore it.
There's no other way to read this. This is the one thing that DH mishandled, if he indeed leaves.

Reaction Score
To be serious, maybe things running later than planned because now Danny has to stop by HR and sign his new contract?
Or they're revoking his badge and taking his keys to Gampel... ;)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think this is from the Mario movie, his ballad to Princess Peach.
Apparently, Jack Black has a song called "Peaches" too. Discovered it while looking for the video link. It actually came ahead of the Presidents of the United States' version.

Reaction Score
IMO-From a UConn perspective this negotiation is complicated. It involves a newly constructed contract for the HC and additional contractual financial concessions for his coaching staff. An increase in NIL budget. DB has to find the money-whether private or public- to make the math work. Multiple parties and multiple discussions/meetings -including with Dan's agent. A lot of balls in the air prior to closure.

I believe Dan wants to do this the right way for himself and his organization. His decision affects many other people that he cares about. By moving his announcement/team meeting to 2.. I'm sure its allowing some if not all of these pieces to fall into place. I believe his silence has everything to do with being "coached" by his agent to not show his cards publicly until all of the above has been satisfied.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Feeling good again.

Norlanders says announcement around 1:45

Practice at 2:00

There’s not way he says he leaving and then Kimani has to assume immediate position and run practice.

He’s Staying.

He could always just announce he’s leaving and then the practice is cancelled.

If they say now “practice is cancelled” it kinda tells the story.

Reaction Score
I am a retired guy who lives alone since my wife who also was a UCONN fan passed away so I have not much to do unless my grandkids are over. My wife left UCONN to have our children and I never could get her to go back and complete her degree as much as I tried. So all I did was follow Boneyard, sports, and D-Day movies all weekend.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
KNBC in Los Angeles just reported that a new private parking garage is being prepared and the Lakers VP for Marketing was seen meeting with local Bentley and Maserati dealers together with a rep from Chauffers r Us.

Reaction Score
Feeling good again.

Norlanders says announcement around 1:45

Practice at 2:00

There’s not way he says he leaving and then Kimani has to assume immediate position and run practice.

He’s Staying.
How did we miss this!!!??
Good sleuthing gumshoe! I'm with you.

Gumshoe. Hmmm. Remember that nintendo game? It really sucked
That's a good diversion off-topic topic:

Old Nintendo games that really sucked

Reaction Score
He could always just announce he’s leaving and then the practice is cancelled.

If they say now “practice is cancelled” it kinda tells the story.
Eeeehhh. He could’ve just met with the kids yesterday or early this morning and then cancelled practice. This would be going all the way around the block just to get next door

Reaction Score
Why care how many threads there are? This is too important, and it's all that matters right now.

Reaction Score
Man- if Hurley really leaves after all of this, this went about as badly as possible for him (and really all) to handle.

Really ugly stuff if he does.

Reaction Score
If two o’clock is practice then surely there’s some sort of press release in the next 75 minutes?

Reaction Score
That’s Frank to you. Waiting for diagnosis results can be tough. (Video will play)

Reaction Score
Why does everyone keep acting like there's a practice today?

If he leaves, they're not running a practice right afterwards.
If he stays, they're not running a practice right afterwards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom