Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 171 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I think it just speaks to how well information is being guarded up in Storrs. I mean...staffers can't even confirm his existence.
This may work in our favor...perhaps the Lakers rescind the contract offer since none of Hurley's UConn references can be validated...

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Something I don’t like. If he announces he’s staying we are in the same place as on Tuesday but there are massive celebrations like we won a lottery. We didn’t. We avoided a meteor strike. It’s a disaster film.

Doesn’t matter that we’re in the same place as Tuesday, it matters that we’re in the same place NEXT Tuesday. It’s cause to celebrate that you’re maintaining greatness.

Jordan not retiring would be cause to celebrate. Lebron staying with Cleveland instead of Miami would have made Cleveland celebrate. This is weird logic.

Reaction Score
I know I am in a tiny minority on this board, but I would not be crushed if Hurley left if we could get sufficient financial support to be a real major player in NIL. I would rather have a $3MM/year coach and a $6MM/year payroll than the other way around.

In the old world, sure. In the new portal/transfer-happy world I'm terrified.

Reaction Score
If he leaves, money grab and that tarnish’s a great legacy
If he leaves, f#k him and the horse he rode in on!
You didn’t want him anyway

Lakers suk! James will never win another title
Not to mention there stuck in player personnel purgatory
All the great nba divas are old and declining

The young stars like Brown are cashing in big time with their original club and most will not be hitting free agency especially with the new cba coming up which = most cash from original drafting Team

6 years ain’t enough to rebuild LA
That’s if you draft the right players
By year 4 Hurley will be gone much like Donavon Pitino Calipari

Reaction Score
I know I am in a tiny minority on this board, but I would not be crushed if Hurley left if we could get sufficient financial support to be a real major player in NIL. I would rather have a $3MM/year coach and a $6MM/year payroll than the other way around.
I hear you. The thing that gets me the most is that the thing I love so much, uconn bball, may end up being a stepping stool for dh to go to a league that imo has jumped the shark 20 years ago. That's just me. There are other takes as well.

Reaction Score
lol this is unbelievable
Police anticipating a potential scene???
Give credit to Hurley for keeping everyone guessing. Impossible in Todays world
Let him leave, the fact he’s stretching this decision out like LeBron is annoying as F

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The problem with 24/7 in your face reporting/speculation is that it doesn't account the time that things actually take to occur in real life.

Whatever he decided, he should be allowed to attend to the needs of those closest to him before opening up to the horde.

I assume most.of you take the time to dress yourselves before heading out in public.

If he's staying, he needs his deal to be airtight finalized, and the AD would want to put on a show for that moment.

If he's leaving, he should he allowed to tell his bosses and his team in private before the vultures start circling.

If he hadn't decided by last night, he should definitely stay.

Reaction Score
not sure how to feel right now. another hour and a half is gonna be terrible

Reaction Score

This is a good point. At some level the resources are limited and the payroll for players will dictate where the talent goes.

Reaction Score
It will be quite the thing for them to swing this when the AD is subsidized by student fees, so good luck with that.

NIL was the perfect end around for UConn since the money to players had nothing to do with the AD budget (other than lost donations).

Reaction Score
Great, now that song is going to be in my head for days. Again.
Apparently, Jack Black has a song called "Peaches" too. Discovered it while looking for the video link. It actually came ahead of the Presidents of the United States' version.

Reaction Score
As we're all reading tea leaves here, I like that practice is scheduled for 2:00.
Yeah but practice is the official event on the calendar. Doesn’t mean it actually happens after the meeting

Reaction Score
The more I read, the more convinced I an that this is a setup. They'll have the celebratory activities in place by 2:00 and everyone will go nuts.
Personally if I was on the team I'm not sure I'd want to walk into a party after my coach has been flirting with leaving his job. It seems a bit self-congratulatory. It's like an owner of a business throwing a party when he sells it off to a private equity firm and no one at the party has equity.

Reaction Score
Apparently, Jack Black has a song called "Peaches" too. Discovered it while looking for the video link. It actually came ahead of the Presidents of the United States' version.
This song is from the Super Mario Brothers Movie and will get stuck in your head as well. Beware.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom