Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
ferris buellers day off ugh GIF

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Eeeehhh. He could’ve just met with the kids yesterday or early this morning and then cancelled practice. This would be going all the way around the block just to get next door

I’m with you, just saying it’s not impossible. At this point he’s making the announcement so I doubt they’d tell people practice is cancelled.

Reaction Score
IMO-From a UConn perspective this negotiation is complicated. It involves a newly constructed contract for the HC and additional contractual financial concessions for his coaching staff. An increase in NIL budget. DB has to find the money-whether private or public- to make the math work. Multiple parties and multiple discussions/meetings -including with Dan's agent. A lot of balls in the air prior to closure.

I believe Dan wants to do this the right way for himself and his organization. His decision affects many other people that he cares about. By moving his announcement/team meeting to 2.. I'm sure its allowing some if not all of these pieces to fall into place. I believe his silence has everything to do with being "coached" by his agent to not show his cards publicly until all of the above has been satisfied.
This has been my read from the beginning and nothing I've seen so far is inconsistent with it.

That's not to say it's impossible for him to leave (indeed, the actions we've seen so far aren't inconsistent with that outcome either), but nothing is contradicting my prior that this was first and foremost a play for leverage (and maybe a little well-deserved flattery).

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
To be serious, maybe things running later than planned because now Danny has to stop by HR and sign his new contract?
He kinda is already under contract so...

Reaction Score
Feeling good again.

Norlanders says announcement around 1:45

Practice at 2:00

There’s not way he says he leaving and then Kimani has to assume immediate position and run practice.

He’s Staying.
Maybe "Practice" is a just what time he informs the players and the team meets. Doesn't mean they are actually going through practice. If he canceled practice and called it a team meeting it would kind of give it away.

Reaction Score
This has been my read from the beginning and nothing I've seen so far is inconsistent with it.

That's not to say it's impossible for him to leave (indeed, the actions we've seen so far aren't inconsistent with that outcome either), but nothing is contradicting my prior that this was first and foremost a play for leverage (and maybe a little well-deserved flattery).
was just gonna post this- hopefully this was all just a masterful leverage ploy to squeeze a better contract out of our state/donors...his agent will be happier with him than after Kentucky....

Reaction Score
was just gonna post this- hopefully this was all just a masterful leverage ploy to squeeze a better contract out of our state/donors...his agent will be happier with him than after Kentucky....
Just seems so...whatever the opposite of above-board is.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Today is my anniversary. Forgot to get my wife anything. I'm hoping he announces he is staying so I can text it to her with "Happy Anniversary"!
Mine was yesterday... and for first time in 23 years I forgot. Wife has forgotten it multiple times, but I always got her something. Maybe it was because over the past couple of days this thread was acting like my wife - lots to say, lots of projection, no facts, and having to listen to it was taking time away from whatever I wanted to do.

Reaction Score
What's worrisome to me is why the suspense. If he's staying there's no reason for it. If he's leaving and feels he needs to break the news first to his team, it makes sense.
Yeah, I agree it doesn’t look good for Hurley staying. That being said, if Kimani, Luke, and even Jim Calhoun can rally the team we’ll be OK.

Reaction Score
Mine was yesterday... and for first time in 23 years I forgot. Wife has forgotten it multiple times, but I always got her something. Maybe it was because over the past couple of days this thread was acting like my wife - lots to say, lots of projection, no facts, and having to listen to it was taking time away from whatever I wanted to do.
Careful, can’t forget 23 and not live to see 24 lol

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Danny needs to be in the Top 2 paid college coaches. Like Self, he has two Natties. He is young, cool and is still ascending. I can't believe Connecticut doesn't see the value here.

Reaction Score
I predict at 1:00 pm there’s a statement and a press conference scheduled for soon.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

This. I don’t know why it needs to be any more complicated than that. The only suspense is what terms Danny is able to finagle from the state/school/donors. He was never going to LA

Reaction Score
Danny needs to be in the Top 2 paid college coaches. Like Self, he has two Natties. He is young, cool and is still ascending. I can't believe Connecticut doesn't see the value here.
They do

Reaction Score
The state never, repeat never, thinks long term consequences.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
KNBC in Los Angeles just reported that a new private parking garage is being prepared and the Lakers VP for Marketing was seen meeting with local Bentley and Maserati dealers together with a rep from Chauffers r Us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyAlum

Top Bottom