Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 152 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
What's worrisome to me is why the suspense. If he's staying there's no reason for it. If he's leaving and feels he needs to break the news first to his team, it makes sense.
The suspense is self inflicted on this board. Friday he met with them. Saturday spent int he city with this wife which was probably planned months ago while his agent met with AD Dave. Sunday, AD Dave circles the wagons on the UConn side. Today everyone comes together and most importantly.. Hurley addresses his team who had the weekend off before anybody else publicly.

Reaction Score
Ncaa Basketball Sport GIF by BIG EAST Conference

Reaction Score
The suspense is self inflicted on this board. Friday he met with them. Saturday spent int he city with this wife which was probably planned months ago while his agent met with AD Dave. Sunday, AD Dave circles the wagons on the UConn side. Today everyone comes together and most importantly.. Hurley addresses his team who had the weekend off before anybody else publicly.
The suspense has been everywhere UConn draws interest.

Reaction Score
The next time you see Hurley coaching on the sidelines not as a UConn coach will be in Los Angeles…but it will be as the head coach of the US Mens Basketball team in the 2028 Olympics!
Coach K did this and I wonder if this could be an appropriate way to scratch his NBA itch.

Our style is actually very well suited to international basketball, more European than anything.

Reaction Score
Funny story from Windhorst about Geno in the first minute of this podcast. Windy recounts Geno joking about his new extension: "I should've had Cleveland offer me the job, I could've maybe gotten a better contract."

I know Geno likes Hurley a lot, I wonder if Geno’s original comments were intended to help Hurley out in negotiations. He was the first person who knows Hurley personally to talk about the offer, and it was essentially “UConn needs Hurley more than Hurley needs UConn” followed by “I thought the a university was going to have to shell out a lot of money to keep him.”

Like..hint hint guys.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Thanks I forgot about this. We went two years and then some with masks. Hey if you want to wear a mask that is your right. Although in this situation it was mandatory but still this is one of the most creative wrong ways to wear your mask. Well at least his nose is covered he got one out of two correct. Better than 50% of the population. But this is absolute comedy. I guess you could call it Showtime in a Follies sort of way. This put a smile on my face so thank you.

Reaction Score
What's worrisome to me is why the suspense. If he's staying there's no reason for it. If he's leaving and feels he needs to break the news first to his team, it makes sense.

Because if he says no to LA without a signed new contract, he loses leverage.

Reaction Score
My thought is that if he was leaving, he’d have called a meeting with the players yesterday given the emergency. Instead, he does it today so that he can simply tell his players quickly before practice that he’s returning and not have it seem like he thinks the world revolves around him or that it’s some big deal he’s returning (which it is a big deal! But just the optics). Fingers crossed!

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
today's the day :D I'm very nervous and haven't had my coffee this morning, hope all of boneyard is hanging in well!

Reaction Score
Me thinks but...... is Andrea and his father having their foot up his butt. ;) Listen to LA to boost your contract but do realize the insanity of the NBA. For the most part the Indians run the fort. I admit to not realizing if NBA coaches spend time hugging and chest bumping their players along with pumping up the crowed. But Dan himself has said he is not ready for the next stage.

As a amateur coach asking for advice from one who had 500 plus wins, I was told never change your personality. I don't think Dan's personality is going to change over night. He is where he belongs and I hope he realizes it. This for us and him and his family.
The timing of leaving now would hurt so many -- players, fans, and the UConn basketball program. If he wants to coach in the NBA, that's his right, but the offer he's getting from the Lakers won't be the last, nor probably the best. To leave right now would be wrong in so many ways. Do it right, do it with class, and do it a way that leaves the program in order and your legacy as that of a hero.

From a personal standpoint, I wish he would have never spoken about the NBA.

Reaction Score
The timing of leaving now would hurt so many people, players, fans, and the UConn basketball program. If he wants to coach in the NBA, that's his choice, but the offer he's getting from the Lakers won't be the last, or the best. To leave now would be wrong in so many ways. Do it right, do it with class, and do it a way that leaves the program in order.

From a personal standpoint, I wish he would have never spoken about the NBA.
Assuming that if Dan stays, if you’re Dolan how would you not begin strategizing a medium term plan to have Thibs move to the front office and plan to try to entice Danny to come? That would make a lot of sense imo.

Reaction Score
It just dawned on me last night why so many people are saying “he’s gotta go, get the money, crazy opportunity, and if you flame out big deal you just go back to college basketball and coach any team you want!”. They’re all fans of teams not called UConn, so their best hope in the world is Hurley goes pro, UConn gets attached to a new coach, Hurley gets fired from LA and needs a new gig, and wow look at that! Kansas needs a new coach!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom