Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 150 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
I have to say Jared is pretty responsive to questions and seems to be a reliable source of insider info/thoughts on recruiting and now the Hurley saga. I’ve spent $100 on worse.
thanks

Reaction Score
Now this is a take I can work with. I am going to leave it at this and not check in until tomorrow.

I will now always love Fran as I can go to sleep thinking how this will all work out and Hurley will use that line and we challenge for a chip for the next five years.
I’m proud that Fran Fraschilla once coached at my beloved alma mater, Manhattan College. He’s a standup guy, and I’d be surprised if Danny came to a different conclusion than he does.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he comes back do we suspiciously move to preseason #1?it'd be hard to say "the best coach in the universe who landed all his returnees and recruits is still not as convincing as kansas"

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
Approximately 800 posts later ( from today ), the BY has done me in... Tomorrow, I'll look to the horizon and see if a nuclear mushroom cloud appears over Storrs...

Reaction Score
I wonder if he comes back do we suspiciously move to preseason #1?it'd be hard to say "the best coach in the universe who landed all his returnees and recruits is still not as convincing as Nate Oats and Alabama"
I was kinda wondering whether they fall out if the top ten if Hurley leaves.

Reaction Score
The end of this better be a LARGE contract from UConn and a VERY LARGE contract buyout number in said contract. Don't want to go through this every season.

If it's a sticking point with him though, I don't have a problem with a lowish NBA buyout, or at least one that reduces each year to a minimal amount in 3-5 years. If he turns down LA with practically no buyout under his current contract, I don't think he'll jump for at least a few years and/or unless the opportunity is perfect (e.g., NE team). If he gives us a few more good years, and they have a transition plan of some sort in place, I won't have a problem him going under those circumstances.

His buyout for another college coaching job should be $30M, however.

Reaction Score
I was kinda wondering whether they fall out if the top ten if Hurley leaves.
they would determine that if people transfer, not immediately after in the event he leaves

Reaction Score
Ya know I watched some of the Mavs/ Celtics tonight and I don’t watch the NBA and I realized exactly why.
These guys dribble down to standing set positions with barely any screens or play development, little movement until someone makes a one on one move, converts or misses then maybe a kick out for a 3. Yawn.
The crowd chants defense almost robotically.
This is what Danny yearns for?

Reaction Score
Why is that? Any questioning of his character has been predicated on him leaving. If he doesn't, it's a reaffirmation of his character.
There's been a decent amount of people questioning his character for "dragging out" the process and calling him an attention seeker

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ya know I watched some of the Mavs/ Celtics tonight and I don’t watch the NBA and I realized exactly why.
These guys dribble down to standing set positions with barely any screens or play development, little movement until someone makes a one on one move, converts or misses then maybe a kick out for a 3. Yawn.
The crowd chants defense almost robotically.
This is what Danny yearns for?
Yeah maybe watch some NBA basketball beyond a part of a game where two teams shot a combined 25% from 3.

The Celtics’ ball movement is awesome.

Unfortunately, Hurley has watched a lot more NBA than you have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom