Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 151 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Ya know I watched some of the Mavs/ Celtics tonight and I don’t watch the NBA and I realized exactly why.
These guys dribble down to standing set positions with barely any screens or play development, little movement until someone makes a one on one move, converts or misses then maybe a kick out for a 3. Yawn.
The crowd chants defense almost robotically.
This is what Danny yearns for?

The Celtics run predominantly a 5 out style of offense, it's not my cup of tea, but their efficiency numbers have undoubtedly been great all year. The Mavs run a mid to late 2000's iso-ball offense that only works because they have two of the best shot creators on the planet.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I'm seeing alot of good things from the UConn side, and idk if I should be cautiously excited or see that as a sign we're screwed like almost every time with this program

Reaction Score
There's been a decent amount of people questioning his character for "dragging out" the process and calling him an attention seeker
Strange, as DH hasnt said a word this whole time. He's the most quiet anybody has ever been in a public decision of this magnitude. Consequently it drove me nuts with anxiety. But it'll all end tmrw.

Reaction Score

Hmm...

Hurley is playing 4D chess. He used the LA lakers of all franchises as a bargaining chip and publicity stunt. He gets a well deserved raise and additional resources for the program and simultaneously achieves legendary status over the course of a weekend. The 5*s will be beating down the doors to play in storrs. He’ll leave for the Knicks once we win #8. Sweet dreams boneyard.

(Or I could be dead wrong)

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Trilly is good but, my god. The UConn channel on his discord is unreadable due to all the trolls.
The discord is flawed, especially the lack of moderation in team channels. But you get a ton out of it if you’re a fan of the sport, not just UConn basketball.

Admittedly my usage has gone down significantly since transfer season ‘ended.’ But it was the best place I’ve seen for real time updates on what’s going on around the sport in all facets. I wouldn’t blame anyone if they paused their subscription until next off season though.

Reaction Score
But MacAurthur actually said “ I shall return”.. Then when he did return he said…..”People of the Philippines, I have returned” . So I expect Hurley to say “ people of UCONN nation “ I have returned”, if he actually returns.
Well whatever……at least MacArthur never pulled the rug out from anyone and flew to Tokyo to have sushi with Emperor Hirohito.

Reaction Score
What's worrisome to me is why the suspense. If he's staying there's no reason for it. If he's leaving and feels he needs to break the news first to his team, it makes sense.

Reaction Score
What's worrisome to me is why the suspense. If he's staying there's no reason for it. If he's leaving and feels he needs to break the news first to his team, it makes sense.
I've asked myself that. But luckily speculation dies in a few hours. Fingers crossed

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It makes perfect sense if he’s still negotiating a new contract. The second he says “I’m returning” he loses the leverage.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
99% of college basketball’s teams and fans want him to leave UConn is my guess. BE fans of other teams will try to say different but they’d rather not have to go against him, and we are not beloved for our domination otherwise.
Duke would like to see him go. Coach K is "helping the Lakers" in their pursuit of DH.
I could not believe that when I read it. I thought we were rid of Ratface. If DH stays Duke and Kentucky will forever be looking up at Uconn. LOL I smell Doooooook.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I'm hoping if he was going to go they would have done a presser around 6pm last night a couple of hours before the game, this way the league & lakers get tons of buzz for couple hours before the game and probably boost viewership for the finals. IMO this is a good sign he's staying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom