Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 135 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
also saw him at jorgensen spring of 2012. was on a prospective student tour earlier that week with my daughter. At first I thought the dorm poster was from an earlier era. headed to Jorgensen and got last row upstairs tix.
he had a piano on stage and would incorporate a song into his stories and answers. Invited students on stage to accompany him - unique experience.
He had to draw the line when someone asked him to appear at a local fundraiser.
correction - Nov. 2011 - see The Piano Man Talks About His Music - UConn Today

Reaction Score
This whole situation is wild- I can’t remember the last time that I was this emotionally involved with somebody’s decision- need to reevaluate my life after this- lol- bleed blue- Husky Nation 4eva!!

Reaction Score
Boomer Esiasion mentioned on his morning show this past week that he has a source he trusts who said Wright turned down the Lakers a month ago.

Reaction Score
I don't believe this decision is going to be about money.
Moving from Rhode Island to UConn was already hard enough for the guy, he expressed that and I believe it, you could see it written on his face. I am sure this is even tougher.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
If Hurley is asking for everything, which he probably is, we are talking about decisions that involve the state and getting approval on a package that will significantly increase the amount of dollars it already loses every year.

I mean this is not just a stamp or the AD and President just saying yes. This decision is above their pay grade.

Who knows we are all saying it is Hurley holding up the announcement.

What if he has told them what he wants and now the university and state have to decide if they can legislatively and legally agree to paying someone and his staff more money than they have.

I mean he has the leverage to pretty much make a list. If he does not stay I would not want the following jobs in the order listed:
1) AD
2) University President
3) Governor for having to explain how it happened on his watch. We will hear the term market value somewhere in the excuse.

Reaction Score
Are we still riffing off Billy Joel??? Because I’m officially having a heart attack ack ack ack ack ack.
You oughta know by now, and apparently you do.

Let's just hope Dan Hurley isn't moving out.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There's been about 5 threads on the Boneyard about Hurley's NBA aspirations in the past year, and numerous articles. Unless the players have been living under a rock they're well aware
Agreed. I’m not sure if they would’ve thought it would’ve been this soon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That's unpossible. Wright is in negotiation to become UConn's coach when Hurley leaves for the Lakers.
the simpsons me fail english thats unpossible GIF

Reaction Score
The general theory is the longer it takes, the better it is for UConn. Indecision on whether to stay or go usually favors staying. Usually.
As I've posted earlier in this thread, I hope he takes his own advice then if he's conflicted. The same advice he gave Karaban.

Hurley's advice: "If it's a hard decision, you're torn on something, you stay put."

Reaction Score
is there any indication as to when this will come out? I thought the timeline was today, but I haven't heard an update
Is practice open to the media tomorrow? Asking for millions of us.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Moving from Rhode Island to UConn was already hard enough for the guy, he expressed that and I believe it, you could see it written on his face. I am sure this is even tougher.
Hard to believe but Rhode Island had the better team at the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom