Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 134 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
The general theory is the longer it takes, the better it is for UConn. Indecision on whether to stay or go usually favors staying. Usually.
Ok, I’ve read all 133 pages of the clutching pearls and wringing hands posts. I agree with Chin on the longer it takes, the better for us. I think he stays with the caveat that if the Knicks, Nets, Philly or Celtics job open up, he leaves and that Luke Murray will take over. We need this type of succession plan in place in his contract. That could be a year from now or a couple. UConn would get $7m to $8m if Hurley went to the NBA from the aforementioned teams cited. I can’t see Danny taking the LA job as he was at the Billy Joel concert at MSG last night having a good time with the wife and Murray. I don’t think he’d do that if he was leaving. I read the Andrea and Bob Sr don’t want him leaving here. Danny’s a loyal guy and I don’t think it would sit right leaving his kids. However, the longer this goes on, and I do understand he has to be comfortable with his decision, we have a Meleek Thomas visited planned for the 19th and Brandon Mullen visit on July 24th. Those players make think twice about committing to us if Danny comes back for this season only. Amazing we are now at a point where 5 stars are seeking us out, that’s gotta help our recruiting when your program is a destination school.

Reaction Score
The NBA is finalizing a very lucrative tv deal that will mean crazy money will become insane money to NBA teams. Salaries will go up sizeably, not down. And they’re likely going to have an expansion team in Vegas plus probably another franchise down the line, meaning more jobs. If you turn down the prom Queen in favor of your steady girl to be loyal, you become more desirable, not less.
Exactly. Danny will be offered a more lucrative deal each year until he finally says yes.

Reaction Score
Most likely is he’s a legit option and the lakers are floating it out there. Could be damage control from them, could be them trying to force Dan into making up his mind in their favor, could be nothing at all

Reaction Score
perhaps the new UConn offer will increase the buyout for the NBA except for a few limited teams

temery

What?
Reaction Score
what are the chances he has pre-practice team meeting, telling them he is leaving for LA and he and Murray just walk out the door?

I highly doubt he's left the players in the dark. He likely sent an email (or something) telling them who he's meeting with, timeline, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All joking aside, Jay Wright would make a fantastic NBA coach, in LA or elsewhere. That said, if you ever need further confirmation that UConn is comfortably in blue blood status- our head coach turned down a bag of money from Kentucky and when the Lakers called he said “I dunno, let me think about it for awhile.” No matter what happens, take some pride in that.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Most likely is he’s a legit option and the lakers are floating it out there. Could be damage control from them, could be them trying to force Dan into making up his mind in their favor, could be nothing at all
Possibly another name to keep the pressure on Reddick to accept their lowball offer to him.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this is big business now. I think the kids understand that now more then ever
Yeah, 18 is still 18
Many of us had to grow up in a hurry when a parent was incapacitated, so I guess this isn’t the worse thing since you are getting paid. However, both team dynamics and individual development are fragile, this can really screw a kids career up.

Reaction Score
Possibly another name to keep the pressure on Reddick to accept their lowball offer to him.
“See really want a coach who’s a proven winner…now accept our team friendly contract :)

Reaction Score
My buddy saw Luke and Jon Rothstein eating breakfast in Manhattan this morning….he didn’t overhear any Info though
Barney Greengrass for a lox omelette, if it was Rothstein’s choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom