Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 136 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Given how this state is run and the history of UConn Athletics, here is how my nightmare goes:

Hurley tells AD David Benedict that he has decided to stay at UConn this morning and has agreed to the renegotiated contract. AD David Benedict says great, but unfortunately there is some union beirocratic position that has to physically sign the contract and they will not be in the office until 9am Monday morning. So we’ll make it official and announce it on Monday morning once we get this signature. Hurley sleeps on it and has a change of heart before this lady signs the deal and Hurley is off to LA tomorrow morning

I know that’s not how it works, but that’s my expectations based on how CT normally operates and the history of UConn off-field mojo.
You must be a Red Sox fan.

Reaction Score
is there any indication as to when this will come out? I thought the timeline was today, but I haven't heard an update
Someone posted a zags tweet today saying no meeting with the team is scheduled for today after all, it will be tomorrow. Not sure how you of all people could have missed it

Reaction Score
S
I have insider information that Dan Hurley will either accept or decline the Lakers head coaching job
There is no cutoff date apparently for DH bolting UConn, so I guess until the first UConn game any open job the players can experience the joy of wondering if DH is really going to be their coach. First KY, now the Lakers,......

Reaction Score
Jaylin Stewart’s dad…hmmmm

oh boy dunk GIF

Reaction Score
S

There is no cutoff date apparently for DH bolting UConn, so I guess until the first UConn game any open job the players can experience the joy of wondering if DH is really going to be their coach. First KY, now the Lakers,......
Or they’ll not be morons like you and realize their coach turned down 2 of the biggest jobs in the sport (with pay raises) to coach them

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Typically things happen in about 20 minutes here…
My wife says that whenever I ask her for help I end it by saying it will only take two seconds and I really never knew I did it.

So I asked her to point out when I said it by responding nothing takes two seconds.

I am now tired of hearing “nothing takes two seconds” but I am still saying it will only take two seconds.

Anyway I am fairly certain we will not know what Danny is going to do in the next two seconds.

But FWIW I certainly feel your pain.

Reaction Score
The fact that the Thomas visit and Mullins visit are still in play and have not been canceled is encouraging given the backdrop of the last week or so. Understanding that Mullins visit is being firmed up on dates in the very near future.

Obviously they can change those visits at any time- But so far- We still appear to be a priority visit and all that that implies.

Reaction Score
The fact that the Thomas visit and Mullins visit are still in play and have not been canceled is encouraging given the backdrop of the last week or so. Understanding that Mullins visit is being firmed up on dates in the very near future.

Obviously they can change those visits at any time- But so far- We still appear to be a priority visit and all that that implies.
I just want to get back to talking about THIS stuff.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
hearing reports that Hurley likes UConn's logo more so he's likely not joining the Lakers, but he likes the Lakers colors more so he might join them

Reaction Score
I feel like Danny is Willy Wonka and he's got something huge cooking. Oh, and if you were wondering, Rob P is that dude Slugworth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He’s been very pro-UConn the last few days. Good to see more buy-in from great families

Conspiracy is Hurley leaves for Lakers, Karaban transfers and Stewart becomes the man at UConn. It's all in the plan. I kid. Hopefully.

Reaction Score
He’s been very pro-UConn the last few days. Good to see more buy-in from great families
It's great to see from Jaylin's Dad. It's hard for me to believe that the parents of these players haven't had some kind of communication/indication with the staff about the situation. Either by them initiating the communication or the staff being proactive with them.

Interesting times we live in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All joking aside, Jay Wright would make a fantastic NBA coach, in LA or elsewhere. That said, if you ever need further confirmation that UConn is comfortably in blue blood status- our head coach turned down a bag of money from Kentucky and when the Lakers called he said “I dunno, let me think about it for awhile.” No matter what happens, take some pride in that.
On the Lakers forum (Silver Screen & Roll), somebody said the following:

"I actually like this move. UCONN isn’t necessarily a blue blood like North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky or Kansas (sorry UCLA fans your blue blood status will fade unless you win a title soon) but UCONN is certainly playing like a blue blood under Hurley."

Nice to know he thinks we're pretty good. Course, you have to consider the source.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom