Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 127 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
"closed the shop, sold the house, bought a ticket to the west coast; now he gives them a stand up routine in LA"

Oh the irony!
“My Life”. That’s the song I expected to be brought up. That stand up routine will have to be postponed to between a few years from now and never.

DH is STAYING in my mind (he never went anywhere to be ‘coming back’ from). And even if he took the LA gig because the offer was way too good to be true there is no way he isn’t thinking about this coming year’s team. That’s not him. Sometimes life sucks but decisions have to be made.

I love the two championships he brought and look forward to him and the team going for the three-peat.

Reaction Score
I camped out for tickets when he did his story tellers solo show at jorgensen
It was incredible.
Turnstiles, the stranger and 52nd street are all great records through and through. Im a musician, songwriter and self admitted music snob and that dude is just blessed with the ability to effortlessly write unique and timeless melodies.
The song "the stranger" for example:
The whistle intro, the verse, the main riff, and the bridge are all so beautiful and unique and they capture that lonely feeling of alienation and posturing, perfectly.
Plus, I'd argue that new york state of mind conjures new york more than Alicia keys, taylor and even frank ever could. It's beach boys-esque in it's ability to transport you to a certain place.
also saw him at jorgensen spring of 2012. was on a prospective student tour earlier that week with my daughter. At first I thought the dorm poster was from an earlier era. headed to Jorgensen and got last row upstairs tix.
he had a piano on stage and would incorporate a song into his stories and answers. Invited students on stage to accompany him - unique experience.
He had to draw the line when someone asked him to appear at a local fundraiser.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m in a hotel in Daytona Beach shores with 2 of my children ( until my wife can join us, she’s running our mobile electronics store in my absence) recovering from my second spinal fusion surgery in 18 months in a strange bed on some seriously strong pain meds and can’t sleep so everything is being magnified and not in the most positive way. But I have a 4x6 UConn flag flying proudly from our balcony to greet the gorgeous sunrise and for all the people on the beach to see and wait and hope for the best possible outcome for our favorite team, ( and my back/neck). .
That's a lot to have to deal with. I said a prayer for you, your family, and your recovery. I hope you're back to feeling more yourself soon!

Reaction Score
He’s staying
1717951464966.gif

Reaction Score
I’m not saying he’s a fake but if in fact he does get up and leave right now like this, and literally nuke the entire UConn mens basketball program when there obviously will be other opportunities to leave for the NBA without the devastation that will ensue doing this right now that’s exactly what he will be .
I'm surprised by how many people think the program is going to implode the minute he leaves. Yes, it's a new era where players can leave, but that doesn't mean they will. Typically kids aren't in any hurry to leave a top five preseason roster in June, particularly if more NIL money becomes available due to the big pay cut at the top of the food chain.

What he built doesn't evaporate overnight.

Reaction Score
Even though I'm born in the 1960s I never realized just how popular Billy Joel and Elton John were until I looked at top selling records of the 70s and 80s. When you're talking mega superstars, these two are it. I would've said Michael Jackson and Madonna but Joel and John really sold lots of records.

Reaction Score
At this point I’ve accepted Hurley will be leaving for the nba sooner rather than later. I just want him back for another 2 or 3 years. Let’s try for the 3peat with no more distractions and then announce murray is the next HC in waiting.
Bargaining is the 3rd stage of grief. Hoping we can skip depression and go right to exuberant acceptance once the woj bomb drops

Reaction Score
It’s not doubtful. It’s a fact. Luke was there to try to recruit him to come back. You can literally read it word for word, from our NIL Director
So looks like Hurley will be going to LA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom