Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 129 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
If the waiting is killing us, can you imagine what the kids on the team are dealing with.
My most concerning thought is the impact on the kids and the program. Stay, well that's good, but don't expect there won't be some type of fallout from this experience. Subtle probably, but going to take some getting over. Don't bore me with how much money they make and they should be pro's!

Reaction Score

He Man Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
So what you’re saying is because you watched a lot of URI games and since they didn’t play well down the stretch he was obviously already talking to UConn. To say this is nothing more than a theory from you is kind of a ridiculous claim to make.
I'm saying every coach who makes a move is likely to have communicated with his new employer at some point before the news becomes official.

Reaction Score
I subscribed. So far I haven't been impressed with the so-called insider information. YMMV.
Having a direct line to the essential captain of the team isn't good enough for you?

Every other outlet/insider said there was a team meeting today and they have a direct line to AK who said nope not true...

What more insider could you want out of a situation like this?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
This seems like Hurley negotiating with UConn and not rushing that process. And the fact that he's not imposing a strict deadline/ultimatum would also suggest that he wants to get a deal done to stay. This is exactly what I expected from the beginning.
Given how this state is run and the history of UConn Athletics, here is how my nightmare goes:

Hurley tells AD David Benedict that he has decided to stay at UConn this morning and has agreed to the renegotiated contract. AD David Benedict says great, but unfortunately there is some union beirocratic position that has to physically sign the contract and they will not be in the office until 9am Monday morning. So we’ll make it official and announce it on Monday morning once we get this signature. Hurley sleeps on it and has a change of heart before this lady signs the deal and Hurley is off to LA tomorrow morning

I know that’s not how it works, but that’s my expectations based on how CT normally operates and the history of UConn off-field mojo.

Reaction Score
If the waiting is killing us, can you imagine what the kids on the team are dealing with.
Unless they know and have a gag order. At this point I don't know what to believe. I am not into the entire 70/30, 60/40, 50/50, putting a percentage thing.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Zagoria’s source is Rick Pitino

Reaction Score
Given how this state is run and the history of UConn Athletics, here is how my nightmare goes:

Hurley tells AD David Benedict that he has decided to stay at UConn this morning and has agreed to the renegotiated contract. AD David Benedict says great, but unfortunately there is some union beirocratic position that has to physically sign the contract and they will not be in the office until 9am Monday morning. So we’ll make it official and announce it on Monday morning once we get this signature. Hurley sleeps on it and has a change of heart before this lady signs the deal and Hurley is off to LA tomorrow morning

I know that’s not how it works, but that’s my expectations based on how CT normally operates and the history of UConn off-field mojo.
Not impossible. The PAC12 collapse last summer felt similar to your scenario. They had a deal, then suddenly didn’t.

Reaction Score
I agree. I don't think there is even one person on here who is not miffed by this process. You're lying if you say "he gets to do it how he wants to". That is true but it doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Reminds me of this often played out scenario:

Someone says something critical to their friend and the friend immediately loses it on the critic:
The critic doesn't like the blowback and says "aren't I allowed to speak my mind?"
The answer is yes, but you've also given your friend the right to trash you for it. They don't have to swallow it

So yes, DH can handle his life any way he wants and we as fans can be annoyed
Reminds me of the freedom of speech debates on forums. Someone or some people say some dumb inflammatory hsit and says "I have freedom of speech" and then get all distraught when they get blowback and losing sight that freedom of speech is for everyone not just the people who said the dumb inflammatory hsit and that they didn't get legally in trouble for saying it.

Reaction Score
Just got a notification from Woj that “Hurley is strongly considering LA” and in the same notification “it’s his if he wants it”. Do these not contradict themselves?
What notification….? I swear you should be required to complete a course in media literacy in order to use the internet

Reaction Score
I'd hate to bring this up again. But it needs to be mentioned often, if Woj is accurate in saying that it's not yet clear.
DH did say re: Karaban's decision:
'If there is any indecision and it's not perfectly clear then it's not time to move'.
Give me an angry face, say I'm taking it too personally or whatever, but DH is not following his own advice at all.
That is 100% apparent

Or, and this may sound crazy I know but stick with me a sec, he's already made a decision and keeping it tight-lipped until the players can hear it from him first and you're speaking from the end opposite your mouth?

Reaction Score
So what you’re saying is because you watched a lot of URI games and since they didn’t play well down the stretch he was obviously already talking to UConn. To say this is nothing more than a theory from you is kind of a ridiculous claim to make.
lol...he was "talking to (interviewing with?) UConn, at URI", the second T Moore joined his staff. Let's not fool ourselves here...

Reaction Score
I'd hate to bring this up again. But it needs to be mentioned often, if Woj is accurate in saying that it's not yet clear.
DH did say re: Karaban's decision:
'If there is any indecision and it's not perfectly clear then it's not time to move'.
Give me an angry face, say I'm taking it too personally or whatever, but DH is not following his own advice at all.
That is 100% apparent
See the post directly above yours. Woj and others are interpreting these last couple days as Hurley not being able to make up his mind, but maybe there was never a doubt he was staying and he’s been trying to negotiate a complicated deal with the school involving many issues eg staff and nil considerations

Reaction Score
Or, and this may sound crazy I know but stick with me a sec, he's already made a decision and keeping it tight-lipped until the players can hear it from him first and you're speaking from the end opposite your mouth?
If that's true then why keep them and everyone else hanging? I still don't get that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The worst policy a boss can have is to tell an employee Friday morning, "We need to talk. Monday after lunch."
Worse if it comes Friday after lunch.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I'd love to believe that.
Or...have you ever decided you were gonna break up with someone. But it took you a few days to break the news because you had to prep yourself for the blowback?
This could go so many ways
Yes, but my choices right now are thinking of the utter implosion of the team or being positive.

For my mental health I’m going with the latter.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Just got a notification from Woj that “Hurley is strongly considering LA” and in the same notification “it’s his if he wants it”. Do these not contradict themselves?
“New article” with Woj quotes from Friday. There’s nothing new to report

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member