Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 125 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
Going to the concert in itself is totally fine, I’m sure it was planned months in advance. But if they took the lakers job and Luke posted that video it’s quite tone deaf. Especially considering he rarely posts anything like that

Reaction Score
Doubtful you've ever watched a Joel concert as it seems you dislike his music, but there are tons of under-40s there and many, many hot babes singing along.
So true. Remember when Kate bush's running up that hill hits #1 in 2022?

Also, I think Journey is more popular now then they were in the 80s.

Reaction Score
Just tossing this out there, but why would he be taking an "I'm having a great time ... LIFE IS GREAT!" selfie, while all those who supported him to date are in full panic mode.

He needs to stop enjoying the attention and get back to business. Time to grow up.
Telling your Coach who you presumably want to return that he should be miserable is probably a bad take. And ironically not very grown up. This guy took us to the top of the mountain twice and deserves nothing but our gratitude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sports: The "thrill of victory and agony of defeat"! Geno did his part, DH did his part, and now Huskies look to JM to do his part on the FB field. Let's not forget Hockey coach....Nothing last forever....Deep feeling for the kids who signed on to be part of history on the BB court if DH leaves. Oh yea, let's remember RE.....bit of history at UC for this kind of thing.

Reaction Score
The yard this morning…

step brothers dale GIF

Reaction Score
Other than Zagoria saying that he thinks that we will find out today, is there any other real info that we will learn what Hurley is doing today? There is no meeting scheduled for today.

Nope. When all this first broke Thursday and Friday everyone was saying it probably gets resolved fast and some said probably Sunday for a decision. But it all seemed mostly speculation

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Just tossing this out there, but why would he be taking an "I'm having a great time ... LIFE IS GREAT!" selfie, while all those who supported him to date are in full panic mode.

He needs to stop enjoying the attention and get back to business. Time to grow up.
I hope he stays. But I agree with your assessment, if he stays I would say that there is a 100% chance this lost weekend will be brought up in a thread when he finally decides to leave if it is not now.

He understands the passion of the fan base and perhaps it has as much leverage attached to it as the Lakers offer.

With both he is completely in charge of the next move. The UConn AD or President will not survive this if he leaves. Even the governor is going to have to deal with the fall out.

Hurley and his agent are playing the perfect hand.

But emotions are emotions and it is just human nature that some people are going to resent him having fun when for them is a situation that they are losing sleep over. It sounds silly right…losing sleep about whether a coach stays or leaves. But that is what it is for most who post here.

The optics alone will leave some scaring but I would imagine that from Danny’s point of view they are necessary.

Reaction Score
I hope he stays. But I agree with your assessment, if he stays I would say that there is a 100% chance this lost weekend will not be brought up.

Of course it will be brought up...if for no other reason than this epic, nuclear reactor-fueled thread

Reaction Score
Luke was at the concert to help recruit Dan back. You would all know this if you subscribed to Storrs Central. Luke wasn’t there because he went with Hurley to LA or anything like that.
At this point I’ve accepted Hurley will be leaving for the nba sooner rather than later. I just want him back for another 2 or 3 years. Let’s try for the 3peat with no more distractions and then announce murray is the next HC in waiting.

Reaction Score
Am not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just saw on "X"- That Dan is meeting with with UConn administrators this morning

Not sure how to read into that...
Well it’s already noon on the east coast so either that’s false or no one is talking lol

Reaction Score
Some of y'all would shove your own mothers to get a 10% pay bump at work while simultaneously implying that Dan Hurley taking a job with the LOS ANGELES LAKERS somehow makes him a monster.

Everyone's gotta look out for themselves. We all know Dan wants to coach in the NBA someday. Hopefully not today. But if he does, I will be rooting for him and I'm eternally grateful he brought two more titles home to Storrs.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Of course it will be brought up...if for no other reason than this epic, nuclear reactor-fueled thread
Yes I was fixing it not sure how I wrote the exact opposite as I was thinking. Typing on an iPad and numb fingers I guess.

Reaction Score
This is kind of fun, in a weird, anxiety ridden way. I read a book recently where the author recommends pretending your anxiety is excitement, because at its core they are similar emotions. Kind of true

Reaction Score
I hope Hurley has been forthright about his aspirations to make this not a complete blindside to the players.

Agreed on the options too. If this were to happen I’d expect him to take Murray (to take the offense with him) and hope Kimani ends up as the guy to keep things together.
There's been about 5 threads on the Boneyard about Hurley's NBA aspirations in the past year, and numerous articles. Unless the players have been living under a rock they're well aware

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom