Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 123 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Assuming Danny has made a concrete decision I don't think he's relayed it to Lakers brass yet. I feel there would be a leak especially if he turned down the offer.
Regarding Ping's point on Andrea being the final decision maker. She is not going to rob Danny of "his dream" even if she'd prefer staying at UConn. With that said I have no idea which way this will turn out.

If Danny had told them no the Lakers would have leaked that they had passed to about 50 reporters

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
About to get on a 3 hr flight with no wifi. Could be a blessing to get away from refreshing. Hoping for good news on arrival to New Haven

Lol same. Expecting news about 20 minutes after I take off.

Reaction Score
@LADan

Please change your handle today. Do your part to stoke the flames of mojo.
Awesome, we've moved into the mojo phase of this process!! By the way, love the Facebook University comment by The Horde

Reaction Score
Some of you need to chill out.

Hurley is disingenuous? Come on…

This really isn’t that hard to figure out. If what we know is true, you would tell your son or daughter to do the exact same thing Hurley is doing.

This wasn’t premeditated. One month ago the only thing on Hurley’s mind was going for a 3peat. All his words and actions clearly showed that. Now sometime around 2 weeks ago the Lakers approach Hurley’s camp with some interest. Initially Hurley doesn’t think much of it, but they keep pushing and pushing and we get the Woj bomb.

At that point, he HAS to go listen to the offer. In life, every interview you go to improves you for the potential next offer. This experience (whether he takes the job or not) is a learning experience so you know what to expect if a Knicks/celtics job opens up. You know what questions to asks/what to look for. Any smart/reasonable person goes and hears them out.

To people questioning Hurley’s character—it shows more about your personality and selfishness more than anything else.
I somewhat disagree. You don’t make this move this close to the season and leave your school and players out to dry. The timing is just awful. Lakers fired their coach end of April or beginning of May I believe. That’s when you make the move, not in the middle of June when every good player in the portal has committed, and most roster spots on other teams are filled.

This is all if he goes to the lakers. I do agree though there’s nothing wrong with hearing out the lakers and anybody would do the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe DH planned the “New York New York” shirt too?
More likely Andrea did because the black and white shirt matched her black and white outfit. Now, if it said "Jersey City" you might be on to something.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I somewhat disagree. You don’t make this move this close to the season and leave your school and players out to dry. The timing is just awful. Lakers fired their coach end of April or beginning of May I believe. That’s when you make the move, not in the middle of June when every good player in the portal has committed, and most roster spots on other teams are filled.

This is all if he goes to the lakers. I do agree though there’s nothing wrong with hearing out the lakers and anybody would do the same.
I have not read many stories or had time to watch TV. So, I feel his agent, who makes a sweet % of his contract ( any piece of millions is sweet) told Dan that there is no way in hell he was not doing the dawg and pony show. And, it's almost over.

Reaction Score
I mean Zuckerberg is also a psychopath
I’d love for that commenter to psychoanalyze King Charles next for dropping Diana for Camilla and commissioning that satanic self portrait lmao.

Reaction Score

I agree that the timing isn’t ideal. But how is that Hurley’s fault? He didn’t solicit the opportunity. He has handled this exactly how any logical and reasonable person would. We can agree or disagree with his decision after the fact.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This will end up well for Hurley either way. He's about the only one who will benefit from the chaos of the past few days.

I'm not blaming him for hearing out the LA offer. But I won't pretend anyone at UConn will benefit from his decision, nor the process, even if he declines the LA offer.
Genuinely curious here, how does this hurt UConn if he comes back? (Maybe that’s not what you’re saying either.)

Do you think this kind of turns into a Jim Harbaugh situation where we have to look over our shoulder at Hurley NBA offers every offseason?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

I would think the timing is beneficial to UConn because our roster is set and other teams are as well very early into the summer. Actually can’t think of a better time for this to happen.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He was taking a video with his front facing camera on his phone….it was mirrored

Just tossing this out there, but why would he be taking an "I'm having a great time ... LIFE IS GREAT!" selfie, while all those who supported him to date are in full panic mode.

He needs to stop enjoying the attention and get back to business. Time to grow up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom