Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 122 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

Reaction Score
One thing we need to consider is that, celebs, coaches, team owners, billionaires , F up as much as we do. There is no guarantee that Dan is handling this the right/wrong way.
Elon Musk is one of the richest men alive and that dude is all over the map.
did we just compare hurley to clinically insane sociopath elon musk? wow.

Reaction Score
My comment was insensitive. Wishing you all the best with your health and family.
You were fine with the comment because that’s how I would probably respond to my own post if someone else had posted something similar normally.

Reaction Score
did we just compare hurley to clinically insane sociopath elon musk? wow.
Ha! You know, rich celebs are sometimes viewed as having a higher standard. Which is why we sometimes get so shocked when they F up and do normal human things.
But judging from this board, if DH leaves, a bunch of us will think he is clinically insahe (not me, for the record)

Reaction Score
Some of you need to chill out.

Hurley is disingenuous? Come on…

This really isn’t that hard to figure out. If what we know is true, you would tell your son or daughter to do the exact same thing Hurley is doing.

This wasn’t premeditated. One month ago the only thing on Hurley’s mind was going for a 3peat. All his words and actions clearly showed that. Now sometime around 2 weeks ago the Lakers approach Hurley’s camp with some interest. Initially Hurley doesn’t think much of it, but they keep pushing and pushing and we get the Woj bomb.

At that point, he HAS to go listen to the offer. In life, every interview you go to improves you for the potential next offer. This experience (whether he takes the job or not) is a learning experience so you know what to expect if a Knicks/celtics job opens up. You know what questions to asks/what to look for. Any smart/reasonable person goes and hears them out.

To people questioning Hurley’s character—it shows more about your personality and selfishness more than anything else.

Reaction Score
Its borderline insane for Murray and Hurley to be on social media yucking it up to uptown girl while the guys sit in the dorms back in Storrs wondering if they have a coach tomorrow.

Only thing that could be more insane is if he's leaving after that.
Maybe I am blinded by my faith in Hurley but I do not want to believe that Hurley is like that POC whose last name is virtually the same as a failed Ford auto of the late 1950’s.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hopefully it does end up being all one brilliant negotiation tactic.

This will end up well for Hurley either way. He's about the only one who will benefit from the chaos of the past few days.

I'm not blaming him for hearing out the LA offer. But I won't pretend anyone at UConn will benefit from his decision, nor the process, even if he declines the LA offer.

Reaction Score
This will end up well for Hurley either way. He's about the only one who will benefit from the chaos of the past few days.

I'm not blaming him for hearing out the LA offer. But I won't pretend anyone at UConn will benefit from his decision, nor the process, even if he declines the LA offer.
I think all our anguish will be washed away if he decides to return. May not be justified, but you know humans.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Reality check time. People losing their minds here. 18 months ago, we lost 6 out of 8 in Jan 2023 and a LOT of fans on this board were calling for his throat. This, after 2 consecutive one and dones in the NCAAs and Dan routinely losing it on the sidelines.
He must have great advisers, because he (admitted to) and accepted his part in that meltdown and straightened up his act. What was making then, like 5? I'm sure people around him explained he was heading towards blowing up one of the best jobs in college basketball.
Fast forward, he catches lightning in a bottle, and we win it all. He gets another bump up to 6 mil and the formula is working. Rinse and repeat. Back to back nattys. He's likely looking at 9 -10 mil with us. I doubt those same sage advisers have gone anywhere. The NBA isn't going anywhere, neither are the Lakers. UCONN has made him a celebrity. He's wealthy. UCONN is now cemented at the top of college basketball. 40 minute drive to work. He (or anyone else) would be a fool to leave all this for the fairy tale life of LA, when, if you took a deep breath, you'd see he's got a fairy tale situation right here. Plus, he's not the last guy on earth that can coach UCONN to greatness. That's been proven. Go enjoy your Sunday, I'm sure he is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom