Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 119 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow. You guys are in denial. At least twice in the past year he has stated he wants to coach in the NBA. He is 51 and also said he doesn’t see himself coaching well into his 60’s. If not now, when? This team loses 3 starters including 2 lottery picks. Not sure they are primed for a 3 peat.
JD, I'm beginning to think that you'll be disappointed if Hurley stays at UConn.

Reaction Score
Danny: You weren't thinking of an NBA job on Monday. Now someone in a glitter cape throws a bag and you're suddenly interested?
This seems to have lifted you out of personal awareness. You've heroically stated that any move to the NBA is way down the line.
Does that show some naiveté or are you just doing your due diligence to get information for that future decision?
Trust yourself and partner, Danny. If you didn't want it before, there were good reasons that don't go away just because of cash and LeBron.

Reaction Score
Its borderline insane for Murray and Hurley to be on social media yucking it up to uptown girl while the guys sit in the dorms back in Storrs wondering if they have a coach tomorrow.

Only thing that could be more insane is if he's leaving after that.
That’s why the posting to me is reassuring. They’re not stupid, so I took it as foreshadowing that he’s coming back

Reaction Score
That’s why the posting to me is reassuring. They’re not stupid, so I took it as foreshadowing that he’s coming back
Maybe DH planned the “New York New York” shirt too?

Reaction Score
Feels like there is more sentiment within the industry that he will return to UConn. Have not seen too many insiders state they are confident he will go to the Lakers.

Reaction Score
about the only time a successful coach could leave without shredding his team would be early to mid season, with his top assistant taking over (and doing well).
Maybe so. But if known at the end of the season, you give the new coach a chance to rebuild a competitive roster. In June, implosion is more likely. Trust me, guys on this team will absolutely be poached if Dan leaves. I’d put the over under on 3.5 kids entering the portal.

Reaction Score
If you make over 100 mil, Billy Joel can sing at your son’s wedding. Who wants to drive from the west Hartford area to NYC when you have to pack up your house.
If you have 100M, you can pay people to pack up your house lol.

Reaction Score
As a long time Lakers fan I want no part of Hurley taking that job, he would be destined for failure. The coaches and players they have chewed through since 2010 or so is crazy and Lebron certainly hasn't helped. Roster construction is a mess and they don't have the patience to start from scratch so Hurley would need veterans to buy into the hardest practices.
I like the Lakers but I live for the Huskies. Forget LA coach, take us for a three-peat and cement yourself at the top.
Coach Hurley Senior Talks About a #uconn 3 Peat., #uconnbasketball  #collegebasketball #3peat #ncaabasketball #collegehoops #hoops  #basketballcoach #basketball #winning 1,080 × 1,920

Reaction Score
It would make his entire run here disingenuous. It’s the opposite of everything he has shown as a coach and person. It doesn’t make sense.
Unless he’s not who he says he is.. I’m not saying he’s a fake but if in fact he does get up and leave right now like this, and literally nuke the entire UConn mens basketball program when there obviously will be other opportunities to leave for the NBA without the devastation that will ensue doing this right now that’s exactly what he will be . There’s no sugar coating this and hopefully this won’t become reality. The world has become a really strange place the last few years, Lots of things don’t make sense anymore and the decision to leave wouldn’t seem out of place. Got almost no sleep last night. Must’ve checked the internet dozens of times. JMHO

Reaction Score
It would make his entire run here disingenuous. It’s the opposite of everything he has shown as a coach and person. It doesn’t make sense.
It does make sense if he told Jeannie Buss to hire Luke Murray instead.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
That feeling you get when on the john, things are moving well and then...you listen to something called Ping's Point.

What a morning!!!!!

Reaction Score
The one thing I'm pissed about:
Dan, Luke and Andrea go to the Billy Joel show while I forsake every weekend activity i had planned just so I can follow this story minute to minute. Dan, I devoted my weekend to your decision and you have the nerve to go to the show?
Come on man. Leave a tender moment alone.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Even AI can't help.
Probably taken from the Boneyard's 120pages of posts.
As an AI language model, I don’t have personal preferences or opinions, but I can provide some considerations. Dan Hurley’s decision would likely depend on various factors:
  1. Loyalty and Connection: If Dan Hurley has a strong emotional connection to UCONN, its community, and players, he might choose to stay. Loyalty and a sense of belonging can play a significant role in such decisions.
  2. Career Aspirations: On the other hand, coaching in the NBA (such as with the LA Lakers) is often considered the pinnacle of a basketball coach’s career. The NBA offers higher visibility, greater challenges, and potentially more financial rewards.
  3. Challenges and Pressure: Coaching in the NBA comes with intense pressure, high expectations, and scrutiny. Some coaches thrive in that environment, while others prefer the college game’s pace and dynamics.
  4. Financial Considerations: NBA coaching positions generally offer higher salaries, but they also involve more demanding schedules and travel. Dan Hurley might weigh the financial benefits against the lifestyle changes.
Ultimately, the decision would be highly personal and based on Dan Hurley’s individual priorities, ambitions, and circumstances.

2of30

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom