Lakers preparing offer for Hurley | Page 117 | The Boneyard

Lakers preparing offer for Hurley

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I no longer like Fanta at all. He is sounding kind of ridiculous. His agenda is pretty clear. Leverage whatever and as much as I can because I am perceived or have a significant inside position on what Danny is thinking. I mean is 50/50 a prediction. It’s like the Celts will win tomorrow maybe or maybe not.

Whichever way this goes Fanta is no longer someone I will follow in any way.

Honestly I thought he was a little weak b4 and did not get all the love, but I have watched enough of him now on podcasts etc that coupled with his zeal to scoop this story have pushed me over the edge.

Report something but not make it sound like he is leaving then say 50/50….holy cr*p for real….
Hack looking for click bait like everyone else. The bone yard; the last bastion of truth

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
By DOM AMORE | damore@courant.com | Hartford Courant
PUBLISHED: June 8, 2024 at 2:02 p.m. | UPDATED: June 8, 2024 at 3:05 p.m.

Last word

If Dan Hurley leaves, or has left by the time you read this, can’t fault him. It’s the Lakers and, tumultuous as that organization is, it’s insane money. But the timing and unfolding of this process was bizarre and unnecessarily egregious for UConn. If Hurley was LA’s No.1 target all along, this should have been resolved more than a month ago. Doesn’t matter who’s fault that is, UConn, and its current players, deserve better than to be left high and dry in June.
Everyone in the building gets to feel betrayed. The fans should wish him well.

Reaction Score
No, but recruiting McNeeley and Mahaney, helping Karaban make his decision, and stating he wanted to go for the 3-peat sure made me and many others believe he was going to do all he could to lead UConn toward that goal. Just considering leaving UConn at this time for the Lakers' head coaching job, kicks that to the curb IMO. If he decides to remain as UConn's HC, we'll all be relieved, but it gives me pause as to who Danny Hurley really is. That's just how I feel, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

With that said, I'm one who quickly moves on, extending grace to others. We're all flawed and deserve to be extended grace.
So he should have stopped doing his job? Bizarrely insecure post

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. It could also mean he is letting the team know he is coming back and is ready for a 3 peat.
You deliver bad news in person. No one's ever scheduled a meeting to say they aren't breaking up with someone. There's also nothing to be gained from making people wait in anguish 24 hours longer than they have to. If he were staying, he would have posted The Wolf of Wall Street clip from the LA airport and let people enjoy the weekend.

(I'll allow for the possibility that he's holding out on a new UConn deal being announced for leverage sake, but if that were the case, I don't think Woj would be speaking with such certainty about the timeline. Hurley's a loyal guy who's probably threatened to renege on the whole thing if it gets leaked, which is why I'd bet the Lakers and Woj are the only parties who know his true decision).

Reaction Score
I was reminded of something tonight. When Hurley was choosing between URI and UConn, he basically locked himself in his house for 3 days to mull it over. He’s out at a concert tonight, 24 hours after his meeting with the Lakers.

Took him 3 days for a 30 mile move west and a Blue Blood job. But it’s gonna take him less than 24 hours to pack his entire life up, move across the country, and leave behind a roster primed to 3-peat and plant his legacy as one of the greatest coaches of all time?
I've got all the respect in the world for Hurley, but this is purely fan fiction. He knew no later than January of 2018 that he was taking the UConn job and seemed to lose focus coaching his Rhode Island team shortly thereafter.

Reaction Score
I no longer like Fanta at all. He is sounding kind of ridiculous. His agenda is pretty clear. Leverage whatever and as much as I can because I am perceived or have a significant inside position on what Danny is thinking. I mean is 50/50 a prediction. It’s like the Celts will win tomorrow maybe or maybe not.

Whichever way this goes Fanta is no longer someone I will follow in any way.

Honestly I thought he was a little weak b4 and did not get all the love, but I have watched enough of him now on podcasts etc that coupled with his zeal to scoop this story have pushed me over the edge.

Report something but not make it sound like he is leaving then say 50/50….holy cr*p for real….
Meh, I agree he’s been acting like he knows more than he does over the last few days but I haven’t seen anything too egregious. Just your run of the mill talking head speculation.

I’m a big Fanta fan. To me he comes across as a fan living his dream and at the end of the day I’m sure he wants DH to stay right where he is.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
All caught up this morning now.

This is going to be an awfully long day.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He was asleep in his bed at midnight, and according to you he was getting on a plane in six hours, yet everything he owned was hanging neatly in his closet and folded neatly in his footlocker. You were leaving for one day and you packed a bag and made three phone calls. Hurley was leaving for the rest of his life, and he hadn't called a soul and he hadn't packed a thing.

200w.gif

Reaction Score
Going to a concert at MSG last night seems a bit odd considering the situation. Seems like his mind is made up. We wait and see…
Or he promised his wife (and Luke Murray) he'd take her (and him) to see Billy Joel like 5 months ago when they got tickets because it's in that 3 month window where every waking minute isn't dedicated to basketball season and only half the day is madness.

Reaction Score
Nothing about him choosing LA tomorrow fits the guy we’ve grown to know and love. Nothing.
He’s not leaving, no way, he’s committed to his team and players, recruits, coaching staff, and Storrs. That being said, there’s nothing wrong with making some friends in LA, listening to their offer, talking up the the team and the talent he has in Storrs, what he might do in future years, and the press he has gotten the past few days is invaluable for him in a positive way with respect to grabbing some big time recruits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom